It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless phones Predicted in 1922 Magainze

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I didn't realize this, and found it very interesting.

Here is the article in question:

It's from an old Golden Age* magazine, the precursor to the second most printed magazine in the world today the Awake!.

The quote:

Some day each human individual may carry in his vest pocket his own private wireless telephone, through which he can receive reliable news from various parts of the earth and communicate at will with private individuals wherever they may be.

edit on 6-10-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There was that one amazing little snippet amongst a collection of other words that seemed like gibberish, to me. Still, clever find and quite astounding that someone thought such a thing with no reason to.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Yeah, I actually found the first part more accurate:

Much of our news has been false propaganda, in the interest of the few, to control and keep in subjection the minds of the many.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone

A Tesla idea.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A wonderful find, thanks. The author (who was the author?) was light years ahead of science writers and the Science Fiction writers with this statement. Unlucky for him or her, the rest of the page hasn't come to pass, but I'm still working on my vocal chords and my dead relatives to bring them up to snuff.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You know, it disappoints me when I read such wise things like that, seemingly always only interspersed amongst an agenda. At the very least it's a good reason for someone like me to stop ignoring what I think is likely ridiculous, if only because there might actually be something worth reading in it.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Is he talking about auto tune in the last paragraph?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I would rather have the flying car.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

This may come as a surprise to you, but the very first motion picture with color and sound was published by us as well. It was way back in 1914 and is entitled "The PhotoDrama of Creation."

But now, yes literally people all over the world can receive unbiased information of truth from their smart phones/tablets/computers wherever they are, in over 700 languages.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Sorry to say, but this is not a prediction. They had wireless radio for tanks/ naval ships in the past(WW1). Wireless phone is a given(as in planned to be made), not a prediction because it will eventually come. A prediction is something that might happen in the future. Robots will comes sooner or later. But, a war against robots is the real prediction.
edit on 7-10-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That's pretty cool - you're right that I didn't know of it. I'll have a look.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I would rather have the flying car.

That so called flying car will be a spacecraft(So don't expect Jetson). Flying cars are a failure, if they cannot go to space. One day everyone in future will be able to own a spacecraft. If we make it past this as in not throwing nukes all over the place.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is the concept that is far ahead of the time. In Tesla time, the radio required a huge room and enormous power supplies. To be able to talk around the world was not even a dream.
As for science fiction and fantasy, suggest more reading especially of the authors from about 1930. Robert A. Heinlein foresaw a take over of the United States by a "Prophet." With a religious dogma similar to radical Islam or the early Christian sects, and just as cruel and vicious in the name of the "Prophet" as any presently running around. It would require a bloody and vicious rebellion to overthrow the yoke of his religion. But, there are many tidbits among the other authors as well. It started with Jules Verne, try reading his book (manuscript found decades after his death) about Paris in the Twentieth Century. It sometimes seems by looking into their thoughts and imaginations, they saw things years and decades into the future. Mr Heinlein, can't help it I have about every book ever written by him, described the water bed in "Stranger In A Strange Land." It was used to deny a patent application for the water bed, as a published description made the concept public domain. Arthur C. Clarke did more then describe the concept of using satellites for communications purposes. Issac Asimov, a totally brilliant individual, famous for the concept behind "I, Robot", spoke to the concept of automation and dealing with humanities children the autonomous, artificial intelligence.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Weren't they already using wireless field radios in World War 1 ?

I don't find this much of a "prediction".

It's not much of a stretch to think of military technology being converted to civilian use.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes but from THIS to THIS actually is an amazing prediction.

They never new back then what basic technologies would have to be developed first to get to that point, computer chips that were tiny, miniature TV screens and so forth. But if radio waves could transmit sound, it would be reasonable that new technology could transmit even more information, the question back then was how to do it.
How many decades did it take, I am going to say when the iPhone was launched in 2007. So 85 years before it went mainstream.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There was this guy circa 1908 who was working on it, either as an idea or finished product. Let me see if I can find the right date.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I did't mean this, but anyway very interesting:

recombu.com...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
While there is much deceit and lies being spread on the internet (the interwebs of things) there is reliable and accurate information to be found without cost.

Soon, no doubt, more and more people will have access to the internet by means of smartphones, and there is one website that is now translated into over 800 languages, and more every day that transmites accurate and reliable information, that is readily available to almost anyone on earth anywhere.

And that is of course JW.ORG

No other religious, political, or commercial organization can come close to what this website is doing. Quite incredible prediction.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I remember wanting to have a "Dick Tracy" watch when I was kid. It had Camera,TV, Radio... and was the coolest communications gadget ever, albeit in a cartoon.
But now that we have such things, I would never be an Apple watch user.
Don't know if it is because my eyesight is not what it once was, or just the fact that the display is just too damn small.
Perhaps both.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I remember wanting to have a "Dick Tracy" watch when I was kid. It had Camera,TV, Radio... and was the coolest communications gadget ever, albeit in a cartoon.
But now that we have such things, I would never be an Apple watch user.
Don't know if it is because my eyesight is not what it once was, or just the fact that the display is just too damn small.
Perhaps both.

I remember the exact same thing. Thought it was so cool when I had the calculator watch I wore to school. And remember Get Smart's phone boots?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join