It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not more BS......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why are humans so susceptible at falling for bull#? And why should I have to spell it bull#? Since when was bull# a four letter word?
Who, pray tell, does it offend? Moderators?

Humans will believe anything even when the evidence runs contrary to reality and how can we blame the bull#ters when we actually encourage them because its obvious that we want to be bull#ted rather than face unswerving reason and logic 24 hours per day.

Logic and common sense are fine on a daily basis when flavored with a rich covering of bull# but straight down the throat as is? no thanks mamma.

What quirk of the evolutionary process brought us to the point where the bulk of human kind hang out to be deceived from cradle to grave? How can this be seen to be a strength? How can the gullibility to be deceived by bull# throughout ones life be explained as an evolutionary survival tool? And what is more, people just love being amateur bull#ters themselves. How pleasurable it can be watching someone swallow your own bull# as you yourself would gladly swallow their's if they present it the way you like it.

Expert bull#ters are always testing the boundaries of our gullibility with their audacity and we love them for it. Quality bull# is more effective than any drug, we are all addicted to it, our lives would be unbearable without regular doses.

It is incredible, it truly is, to witness the world of human kind demanding more and more outrageous doses of bull# as if reality itself needs to be checked, stopped in its tracks, avoided at all costs. Reality, the big bogeyman? More bull#.

Bull# is the easy route through life. You do it hard if you buck against it, you certainly wont be popular. Bull# is the way to riches, popularity, acceptance, even stardom. Learn to mimic the top bull#ters and you will have the world at you beck and call.

It has become a bull# world. That's the new reality. Only the frustrated and dissatisfied, the inept in other words, stomp their feet and grind their teeth at this world of bull#.

Yes, that's bull# too. Or is it? Bit odd though isn't it that evolution hasn't weeded out the foot stompers by now. Don't tell me evolution is bull# too? Joke. Relax.

edit on Tue Oct 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hahaha!

I love it, way to go!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shema

If people wanted honesty, they'd speak honestly. They speak in riddles and half-truths and this is what we get.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
yup...its a T&C violation. delete comment

edit on 6-10-2014 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So, we'll just put you in charge, hand you a Bull# magic wand and you can decide for all of us whats bull# or not.

I mean since you were so specific n' all we really need to depend upon your judgment alone in that, right?

Yah, I read your last line. I think it too is Bull#.

So what? What do you care what others think?
edit on Tue Oct 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Everybodies crap is bullcrap.
Your's, mine, that guy and girl down the street.
It just matters who you ask.

Sitting in judgment of other's crap maybe all well and good.
But it blinds you in a way.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

If people wanted honesty, they'd speak honestly. They speak in riddles and half-truths and this is what we get.

You gotta watch that idea that people are speaking in riddles, though. I've meet people who literally have the power to transmute truth into pure bulls**t by looking for subtexts and hidden meanings that aren't there.

Of course people do that though, speaking in half truths and whatnot. But the thing about true statements is that you can put them out there, and they will stand up to scrutiny. The stuff people elude to, their little secrets, are usually bulls**t, that's why they stay secret. They couldn't stand up to scrutiny. So the point is, it doesn't matter either way.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Believing bull is an evolutionary trait. If you hear someone mention there's fruit growing over there, even if it's possibly fraudulent, being a primitive human you won't pass up a possible meal.

Skepticism is much the same. Sitting in your tiny settlement hardening a spear over a fire and all of a sudden someone comes rushing over to you. They say they're from a neighboring settlement which was raided and they're coming to you next.

Naturally you'd believe the person. They're frantic, took the time to run very far to warn you of an impending doom and their story adds up.

So you'd prepare for an attack. But deep down inside you have a feeling it's a ruse, a cover story. You'll get ready and keep calm all the while studying this person's every move, all their expressions because survival has taught you to never discount anything, no matter how strange it seems.

That's just my take. We're all gullible and skeptical in our own way. It's being able to balance it out, replacing gullibility with intellectual curiosity.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with fertilizer....it helps flowers grow.

Besides, when you know what to look for, you can avoid the steaming cow patties rather easily....(it also helps to carry a flashlight).

edit on 10/6/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
..it's bull# innit, OP?
political correctness is insisting that a "turd" can be picked up by the clean end

aye good sir
we're all mushrooms

kept in the dark and fed on bull#

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So, we'll just put you in charge, hand you a Bulls**t magic wand and you can decide for all of us whats bulls**t or not.

I mean since you were so specific n' all we really need to depend upon your judgment alone in that, right?

Yah, I read your last line. I think it too is Bulls**t.

So what? What do you care what others think?

What do I care what others think? If everyone was like you I wouldn't care much I have to admit but happily that's not how it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I didn't intent to be perceived as trying to make a judgement call. Maybe you read it upside down. But thanx for replying anyway.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Doesn't really matter how you intended it.
It's what you did.

Here's a hint, it's the givens you obviously assume.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Besides, when you know what to look for, you can avoid the steaming cow patties rather easily....(it also helps to carry a flashlight).

A positive individual, wasn't sure that there are any left.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Doesn't really matter how you intended it.
It's what you did.

Here's a hint, it's the givens you obviously assume.

No its how you read it, with predjudice and far, far too seriously.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Everyone has their own perception, their own view, of reality.

Each one of them claiming theirs is the right view, all others are bullsh*t... THAT is bullsh*t.

The draw is to try to share a similar view with others, to share a reality, so that we can communicate and act together in some sort of coordination. There's nothing wrong with that- unless others around you are converging on a perception of reality you do not wish to join... then you can try to convince them to reject it and join yours instead.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Are we in a movie theatre?
edit on 6-10-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Sounds like what we all wish the way the world work especially in regards to politics and its regards

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiriya

Yeah. It is inspiring. There is almost a childlike naivete to people that we genuinely want an honest world with principled people at the helm. We fail to get that largely because of our fundamental isolation from one another. We don't work together, we don't try to meet each other's needs and as a result of that we can't effectively organize ourselves to make sure that our common goodness can be the standard by which our society actually operates.

We look out into the world and we see that 80% of us are making it without extreme discomfort on a daily basis and we accept and reinforce this system because it has been good enough for us. There comes a certain point where you have to say enough is enough. I don't care if this system could make me a billionaire. I don't care if it could make me famous. I don't care if it could make me a sex god, and I certainly don't care if it could make me president or CEO of some company. Most of us will never be any of those things. Most of us will struggle just to get by and in the end we will go bankrupt to our medical bills and there will be nothing left for us, no lasting contribution that we will have made with our time here on this planet.

People are suffering. They are living diminished lives. They aren't realizing even a small fragment of their full potential. We are living in absolute darkness and it is time for things to change. Tyranny has had its opportunity to thrive and after 10,000 years and 10 billion diminished lives, we've pumped enough of our limited resources into this insanity. It is time for something new to become the central focus of our existence. Let freedom ring. We did that for a short time here in the US and we transmuted the world out from under the dark specter of oppressive monarchies. Let freedom ring and we will bring paradise down onto this earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join