It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Warning Issued:Us Army says Isis plans to kill US Soldier's families

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

I guess you did.

You know what Bush would have done in Obamas shoes? Been under many rocks lately?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Great propaganda in order to keep the troops onside.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

There is a helluva lot of OPSEC posted on the interwebs. Facebook is the worst! There has been a huge push by the military to educate members on acceptable social media use but it's tough to have spouses complete training. There was a warning posted to one Facebook spouses group to make it secret so that only those spouses invited could read it.

Social media, for the most part, is still fairly new and some still don't understand the ramifications of their posts or who can see it.

As for the threat. ISIS is basically calling on sympathizers to do their dirty work for them. "Hey, you may not be able to join us in Syria or Iraq, but that doesn't mean you can't help us where you are!" This group has evolved, technologically, with the times.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga
Obama has bombed more countries and droned more people in five years as Bush did in eight.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

You know what Bush would have done in Obamas shoes?

Declared "Mission Accomplished" ?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Does it really matter?
If they come over here and harm 1 innocent person, personally it's open season on them all, as far as I'm concerned.
It will mark their destruction, swing voter choices and lead to total annihilation of everything 'terrorist' within reach. Right now many are against our involvement, once 1 innocent American dies in our streets blood will run red in the middle east, their blood, just like after 9/11.
They know this, we know this, let's just hope the idiot lone wolf that doesn't know this gets cold feet or caught first.
This is setting up to be the perfect false flag and this time the election will be fixed in blood if it occurs.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

You claimed it was too hard for them to discover the identities of battlefield soldiers and it is just a bunch of wind....Now it seems you are changing your tune?

They do have skills and some money but to find a soldiers identity from the battlefield isn't easy to do even for our own government, let alone trace their families back to the USA.

I simply was stating they likely were looking for any military family.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Great propaganda in order to keep the troops onside.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If it wasn't, why even broadcast it unless you WANT your troops emotionally involved? Why do you want your troops to be emotionally involved? because they're not?....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If they kill a soldiers family, a cop or the neighbor down the street on American soil is there really a difference?

I alluded to battlefield conditions because killing 'anyone' in the USA has equal merit.

This is all propaganda.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It would not surprise me to find a few ISIL in the states, if they exist at all, however the DOD estimate of them recruiting 3400 a month, I find to be a bit generous. I've been known to be wrong though, and if I am, I'll happily admit it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Gave you a star just for the quote alone Victor.

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
ISIS likely does not have the manpower resources to spare, even if they could get operatives into America. And they are not likely to have a means to organize something like that with soldiers they might already have in America. And if they do have operatives in America, I do not see them basically throwing these operatives away to commit one or two murders of military members' families, as they would likely be caught. They would think bigger than this. I'm not saying there couldn't be isolated incidences, but more generally this is not something I would take seriously. In fact, every American is a target in their eyes, and I doubt they would actually go out of their way to kill only military families. Makes no sense.

What they are attempting to do, if they even said this, is to create fear within the military ranks, as they likely think this will help them in some manner. Of course it will not. Or perhaps they just wish to incite fear amongst Americans or western nations in general. Although the censored videos they have released, if they in fact released them that way, seems like a way to waste striking more fear into Americans...since unedited the videos would have been even more terrifying to the population. The way I look at it, the only thing you can do is be prepared for anything. But the odds are on your side to be honest, and fear will do nothing but hinder you, whether it is fear of ISIS, ebola, etc...In most instances worrying is 100% pointless, especially when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You cannot really know if you will catch ebola for instance, and there is not much you can do to ensure you don't catch it, and worrying will not change the odds one bit. But again, rely on the odds, and you would probably win the lottery before something happened that could be attributed to the two causes above. I just mean the odds are greatly against both of those things.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Yeah I agree. Something about that number seems VERY VERY over exaggerated.

I'd believe 3 a month, not 3400. Someone was keyboard mashing numbers, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I think all the ISIS talk and everything on here and news sites etc got to me. And I apologise to myself for getting scared. You guys (all of you) are right and deep down I know it too. I just get scared now and then. Realistically though, ha yeah right? Would they EVER be able to wander our lands in the USA (or even the UK or France or anywhere NOT a sandbox) and just take heads like a swarm of Siafu Ants taking down animals in the forest?

No way. Nooooooo way. BIG OLD NOPE. They'd be taken down faster than a rattler taking down a rat if they were to try. The first beheading and they'd be down for the count and then some. Sure I give the armies in the Middle East props; they are doing their best with what they have; hindsight says they could probably do this or that a little better but then again they are limited in what they have to work with, yes? And the female fighters, good awesome job to them! - but let ISIS try to play with us or France or Britain or Scotland or etc etc on OUR lands. Yeah, they may think they have the upper hand in sandbox land. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

But on turf away from there?
Not a chance. Any of us are stronger than that turbaned tsunami of hate.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
People seriously need to stop posting all their personal info on social networks:
city, state of residence
photos of their children (and their names and what school they attend)
your date of birth
photo of yourself
marital status
when and where you'll be going on vacation
etc

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

If they are successful I'll try to rein list myself felony or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hmmm on a side note, isn't the Saudi Royal family invested very heavily in Teitter ?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Glass the whole area....sorry but I am way over the religious wars. Kill them all and let whatever God they believe in sort them out. To me...nothing good has come from any area they are taking over....please prove me wrong. They respond to nothing but violence. I would fully support making the entire area a glass ocean.
edit on 10/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wasn't the north of Africa nuked in a prophecy do to this war?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Wars are slowly bankrupting our country.

Yes and fattening the pockets of the companies that produce the weapons we use....
Plenty gain from going into war, look into Halliburton profits from the first war if you need a go to.
You're right that it is not just all about oil, it is about central banks as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join