It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We the People......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America first sentence:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Complaints?, Arguments?, Are we still ruled by the Constitution?, Do our politicians still adhere to it?, Is the Constitution of the United States still in effect?, comments.........

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

The problem we have in the United States today is that we are moving towards a more European philosophy where the rights of society trump the rights of the individual. The Constitution and I both tend to believe more in the rights of individual over the state.

That is my simplistic analysis of what is going on in the US.
edit on 2014/10/6 by Metallicus because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

"Are we still ruled by the Constitution?, Do our politicians still adhere to it?, Is the Constitution of the United States still in effect?...."

The U.S. Constitution has endured for 230 plus years. Some of us fear that tyranny will destroy us before Christmas.

I say relax and enjoy the nattering fools who preach doom.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
No to all the above.
We are being conditioned, more and more, to be PC and suffer for the good of the whole. But if each individual suffers, how is that better, since individuals make up the whole?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My thoughts are that our constitution is nothing more than a pipe dream at this point.

We've got lawmakers, police, and citizens who spout the law as if it is the word of god....but only to suit thier own personal agenda.

Wherein you can spy on the populace and suppress political groups with the IRS on one side of the spectrum (Government), yet you can have your child taken away from you and your family torn apart because he was chewing gum in class and you decided to disagree with the diagnosis of ADHD (Citizens).

It has devolved to the point that the only thing that matters is the will of each group against one another. Justice and rightness don't even come into it.

Rights of citizens only matter if you do exactly what "they" say, all the time.

Our nation may not be doomed, but it's certainly come completely unmoored in regards to the spirit of the constitution and justice.
edit on 6-10-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So few comments; So few idealists left - What happened to those ideals? Food, shelter, and the cost of health care - turned us from the richest country in the world to a gang of starving rats - not enough money? Work harder or collect welfare which will insure your sustained poverty - NO not in the United States - I must be having a nightmare, it can't be real - of course you can join the military - they will take care of you and will be sure you have another war to fight - for truth, justice, and the Ameican way - I guess I really am an alien after all.

-AlienView

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

John Paul Jones (July 6, 1747 – July 18, 1792) was a Scottish sailor and the United States' first well-known naval fighter in the American Revolutionary War. Although he made enemies among America's political elites, his actions in British waters during the Revolution earned him an international reputation which persists to this day. As such he is sometimes referred to as the "Father of the United States Navy" (an epithet he shares with John Barry). He later served in the Imperial Russian Navy.

During his engagement with HMS Serapis, Jones uttered, according to the later recollection of his first lieutenant, the legendary reply to a taunt about surrender from the British captain: "I have not yet begun to fight!"
en.wikipedia.org...
"I have not yet begun to fight!"

How about you America? Are you still living? Tell us 'We the People' that our ideals will not die

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
" Are we still ruled by the Constitution?, Do our politicians still adhere to it?, Is the Constitution of the United States still in effect?, comments.........
"
Barely, if anything hanging, on by the few trying to protect it.

edit on 6-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: editing correctly

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Sure, got your point. But you know it is easy to accentuate the negative in today's nightmare - ANYONE GOT THE GUTS TO THINK POSITIVE? No? want to cop-out? OK, give up - Must be my alien roots - I can't give up.

"I have just begun to fight"

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I had many in my family live through the world wars and lost friends in the past decade of brush-fire war. I find it sad that the survivors bother to get mad about the state of the country and the world. I find it to be worse that those I've known that died did so ignorant of the spirit of freedom and the reasons be it personal or for the greater good, in my opinion exploited them.

The constitution the government and the law where understood in as early as the 8th grade in the previous century. I only know this because my great grandparents were reared and taught in a schoolhouse and managed to impart some important knowledge about what life was like.

Where the world was getting smaller in the 20th century it seems like the last 10 years the worlds gotten even smaller. Smartphones have put the internet in the hands of everyone who wants a phone and as log as the basic ideas of liberty and justice are taught in their many perspectives this small world will remember the good principals throughout our history that are worth keeping.

Upon the same review the evils of mankind can be laid to rest because it wont be just whats been done to this generation or the next, but the sum total of human pain will become apparent.

The constitution was not a novel idea yet it was the furthest step to bring the common good to the status of kingship, instead of a man or monarch.

Sadly that fact was lost on the society at the time because should the sentiments... like magic had actually liberated man everyone would have been treated as created equal, but we know even today, those of power fear our collective majesty so were divided poor set against poorest and ignorance used as a sword in the garden of good and evil.

My argument is that even to the most fearful of men the shape of this world will be improved by the constitution, because the lessons of america will not be forgotten to history.

We will understand the full weight of this document adapt it to service us. If not.. then our bones will be the lesson of future liberty.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"..... It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

-Abraham Lincoln [from the Gettysburg Address]

Who are you people? Willing to sacrifice you history to a cartel of criminals? I didn't think so - Let's party.....
edit on 6-10-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Nice how the capitalization of words worked 'back then'. The best one may be the capitalization of 'Blessings of Liberty', almost (or literally) a prayer set in the stone of the founding documents of the U.S.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just look at Antonin Scalia. He's been on the Supreme Court since Reagan and had consistently ignored the Constitution his whole career. For those of the community who got a modern education the Supreme Court is intended to have zero ties to anything. That's the whole premise behind them serving for life, it was supposed to leave them free of influence by not having to campaign or curry favor. Their entire purpose as a branch of government is upholding the spirit of the Constitution.

Corruption in the executive and legislative is not surprising but the judicial Branch was the last line of defense for the Constitution. They failed completely. The constitution is warped and near meaningless now. The 2nd amendment is no longer even understood (most people only know the first bit thanks to the NRA). The 15th died recently in Ohio with voter ID laws. The 4th is not just dead. The murderers are dragging the corpse around town to intimidate people. Just check out the "posse commitatus forum".. The 5th is weak and only usable by those of privilege. The 1st is the saddest. It's like a horror movie. They turned its body inside out.

Seriously the constitution is like a group of college kids from a horror movie. The only safe ones are safe by chance or intent. They all know the killer is coming.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm not fond of looking back at the founding as a way forward, but Jefferson put it well when he said, "Laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind."

As our world and our ideals change, so must our laws. If the constitution can't keep up, that's our own fault for letting it fall behind.

new topics

top topics

join