It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana trooper pulled over woman to ask if she’d accepted Jesus Christ as her savior: lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Well, then I'd be dead. So problem would be over for me right? Plus I'd get to verify his pamphlet.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I love your optimism haha

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Well I can never understand people who give retorts like, "well what if you died as a result?". The answer's obvious. I'd be dead and obviously wouldn't be worrying about whatever petty nonsense got me in that state.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Without any doubt, this amounts to a WAR CRIME!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'd have said, hmmm no actually I'm a muslim, praise allah! Just to mess with the guy... Loaded gun or not! What the hell is this? Is this actually for real? Pull people over and ask their beliefs? Holy...

Or maybe I could have said I was a jew and believe jesus is a false prophet hahah

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The cop was on duty and had pulled her over in an official capacity so any questions he asked her were not private even if he had asked her permission.

Plus whether or not she had committed a crime leading to her being pulled over is entirely irrelevent, she could've been smoking meth at the time, criminals are not open season for those wishing to abuse their position of authority to help propagate their chosen religion.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensenShe willingly answered personal questions and agreed that it was okay for the trooper to "give her something" without knowing what it was (the pamphlet.) To win her "unspecified damages" for the extra two minutes or whatever it was she was stopped for will require demonstrating that she was forced to do so. He never brought up religion until she'd agreed to a personal conversation.

That's irrelevant in this context. He's in a position of authority during the traffic stop. Moreover, he's working, getting paid by taxpayer dollars. That time is not to be used to proselytize and could, in some respect, look like the police force is advocating for one religion over another. Clearly unconstitutional.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Holy crap that is not acceptable.

I just cant believe it. This guy should be fired and fined.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join