It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Grand Master of The Illuminati.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
And who was that Grand Master according to their own writings;

"Jesus of Nazareth, the Grand Master of our Order, appeared at a time when the world was in the utmost disorder, and among a people who for ages had groaned under the yoke of bondage. He taught them the lessons of reason.

To be more effective, he took in the aid of Religion--of opinions which were current--and, in a very clever manner, he combined his secret doctrines with the popular religion, and with the customs which lay to his hand.

In these he wrapped up his lessons--he taught by parables. Never did any prophet lead men so easily and so securely along the road of liberty. He concealed the precious meaning and consequences of his doctrines; but fully disclosed them to a chosen few.

This seems somewhat surprising for a group generally understood as wishing to end the Christian religion, but they understood the message of the Gospels in these terms;

Let us only take Liberty and Equality as the great aim of his doctrines, and Morality as the way to attain it, and every thing in the New Testament will be comprehensible; and Jesus will appear as the Redeemer of slaves. Man is fallen from the condition of Liberty and Equality, the STATE OF PURE NATURE.

He is under subordination and civil bondage, arising from the vices of man. This is the FALL, and ORIGINAL SIN. The KINGDOM OF GRACE is that restoration which may be brought about by Illumination and a just Morality. This is the NEW BIRTH.

When man lives under government, he is fallen, his worth is gone, and his nature tarnished. By subduing our passions, or limiting their cravings, we may recover a great deal of our original worth, and live in a state of grace. This is the redemption of men

Of course they understood that Christianity had only been a means towards an end looked forward to the religion itself no longer being necessary, believing that this had been the aim of the wisdom schools and mystery cults of the past;

"Do we not perceive traces of such a secret doctrine in the ancient schools of philosophy, in the doctrines and instructions of the Bible, which Christ, the Redeemer and Liberator of the human race, gave to his trusty disciples? Do you not observe an education, proceeding by steps of this kind, handed down to us from his time till the present?"

Of course the general opinion of the day such as in the commentary of John Robisons Proof of a Conspiracy of 1798 from which i quote found it difficult to accept this take on things by the Illuminati;

What CAN BE MORE IMPROBABLE than this, that He, whom we look up to as the contriver,the maker, and director, of this goodly frame of things, should have so far mistaken his own plans, that this world of rational creatures should have subsisted for thousands of years, before a way could be found out, by which his intention of making men good and happy could be accomplished; and that this method did not occur to the great Artist himself, nor even to the wisest, and happiest, and best men upon earth; but to a few persons at Munich in Bavaria, who had been trying to raise ghosts, to change lead into gold, to tell fortunes, or discover treasures, but had failed in all their attempts; men who had been engaged for years in every whim which characterises a weak, a greedy, or a gloomy mind. Finding all these beyond their reach, they combined their powers, and, at once, found out this infinitely more important SECRET

It seems plainly obvious that though the Illuminati intended to infiltrate and use the Masonic network there is scant evidence that their ideals with regards to the general uselessness of Government found much favour, but they were a Free thinking and Free speaking group of diverse opinions deriving from shared interest in the tradition of Minerva and the equality of women, that wished to introduce into Free Masonry their own understanding of the Christian message.

"We must give such an account of things, that fanatics shall not be alarmed, and that shall, notwithstanding, excite a spirit of free enquiry.

We must not throw away the good with the bad, the child with the dirty water; but we must make the secret doctrines of Christianity be received as the secrets of genuine Free Masonry.

It seems a little odd that though the Illuminati are accused of all manner of things they never seem to be accused of believing themselves the true bearers of the Christian message, but there we go and now you know...

"The great strength of our Order lies in its concealment; let it never appear in any place in its own name, but always covered by another name, and another occupation.

The allegory on which I am to found the mysteries of the Higher Orders is the fire-worship of the Magi. We must have some worship, and none is so apposite. LET THERE BE LIGHT, AND THERE SHALL BE LIGHT. This is my motto, and is my fundamental principle

edit on Kpm1031278vAmerica/ChicagoMonday0631 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
It's OT please forgive me but imagine if the reason for wanting to wipe out most of the population is to restore peace and establish a utopian kingdom of sorts?

This is a very interesting topic. Reminds me of the Georgia Guidestones. S + F
edit on 6-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The Bavarian Illuminati was a very short lived organization, i would only take seriously evidence from their own writings, Free Masonry in general they tended to have disdain for seeing it as shallow and pretentious, they did wish to introduce their own Doctrine through it but i see little evidence for success, eradication of the greater part of humanity does not seem to have been one of their aims.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
a reply to: Kantzveldt

John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.

23 Jesus replied to them, “The time has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 I can guarantee this truth: A single grain of wheat doesn’t produce anything unless it is planted in the ground and dies. If it dies, it will produce a lot of grain. 25 Those who love their lives will destroy them, and those who hate their lives in this world will guard them for everlasting life. 26 Those who serve me must follow me. My servants will be with me wherever I will be. If people serve me, the Father will honor them.

27 “I am too deeply troubled now to know how to express my feelings. Should I say, ‘Father, save me from this time of suffering’? No! I came for this time of suffering. 28 Father, give glory to your name.”

A voice from heaven said, “I have given it glory, and I will give it glory again.”

29 The crowd standing there heard the voice and said that it had thundered. Others in the crowd said that an angel had talked to him. 30 Jesus replied, “THAT VOICE WASN'T FOR MY BENEFIT BUT FOR YOURS".

The original Illuminati may have been a group who believed in a literal physical illumination. Imagine our Aura, how we can now see it with technology. If that Aura was so pure in white light that the light was visible to the naked eye, one would appear illuminated to the naked eye.

Notice the spirit descended and stayed on him, what was the sign? The covenant, every new teaching for the Israelites, is based on a physical sign. I believe the Christ was physically illuminated and that is the SIGN that John is witnessing to in the description.

The illuminate, self proclaimed keepers of the light, if their is a good sect, non-magical, they are likely waiting for one who is illuminated in the way Christ was.

The gentile covenant is spiritual, based on faith. Spiritual illumination only. Jesus says a wicked and adulterous generation will receive no signs, even though they will ask, none except the sign of Jonah, the resurrection. We are the wicked and adulterous generation who receives no signs, except those prophesied.

If their are any self-proclaimed keepers of the light, surely they should understand they are waiting for interpretation and not illumination, as the Quran states.

edit on 6-10-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM

Man is fallen from the condition of Liberty and Equality . . .

Because false gods have stolen what is rightfully his.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
a reply to: sacgamer25

In the general spirit of the age the concern seems to have been more with illumination through reason rather than any occult tradition or superstition, which they rejected on principle, though to some considerable degree they were of course mistaken in thinking that the writers of the Gospels intended them entirely as allegory in the manner of it's fashionable 18th century usage, but still to some extent a valid way of looking at things i'm sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM

I don't think TPTB are in any of these organizations but that's just imo.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM

In John 21, Jesus asked Peter (personification of the Roman Catholic Church) if he loved (Agape) him, to which, Peter replied, "Of course I phileo (Brotherly / Masonic) love you." Phileo love is like friendship, but not loving even enemies. Agape loves enemies as well.

Masonry is established on the foundation of private associations. It is a brotherhood, exclusionary to the outer court of humanity. Christ was not in association with these types, but rather, with the meek and lowly. God's (Father) hiding place is among the poor. You will not find him among those who use private associations for personal gain. Jesus suffered every step for others. He was in opposition to the Experts of the Law and the leadership in collusion with Rome.

Here are the ones he opposed, along with Moneychangers (bankers) and those who use the Earth as a place of commerce rather than prayer.

A better answer to their supreme commander is Lucifer, the left side of truth. Christ is the right side. There must be a mirror image (angel of darkness) to the true Angel of light. Why? All images have a reflection. Who is the Son of God?

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

God's fullness is both male and female, or the image of God in Genesis 1. The division of mankind began with the splitting of Adam / Eve. This first division causes all other divisions. Elohim (Father) had rested and finished His work. Yahweh continued. This caused the fall. In order to fix the division, Yahweh had to embody the division. Above, he was the Son of God as head (Yahweh). Below, he was humanity. Jesus was the incarnation of the Son of God to pay the price for the fall of mankind. We can't blame Adam or Eve. They were innocent, unable to weigh the balance of good and evil before choosing. By the choice, they learn to overcome the adversary and accuser, which was Yahweh.

Jesus is the humbled Son of God as our example of the same. As Christ is, so shall we be. Fullness. One. Both Male and Female in balance with a Holy Spirit. Three in One.

To rightly divide scripture, you locate the Father among the lowly and oppressed. You locate the opposite self-righteous among the leaders and wealthy. The Father has been with the meek all along. There are two sets of humanity. Righteous and unrighteous. Jesus makes a new humanity out of the two. Pathos (empathy / sympathy) is the marker of the one who has the Catheters / Peripeteia. Apathy is the marker of selfishness (mark of the beast / animal nature) of the unrighteous.

edit on 6-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
a reply to: AlephBet

You're making the general association with Free Masonry which isn't valid for the Illuminati, this is how they saw things;

Jesus Christ established no new Religion; he would only set Religion and Reason in their ancient rights. For this purpose he would unite men in a common bond. He would fit them for this by spreading a just morality, by enlightening the understanding, and by assisting the mind to shake off all prejudices. He would teach all men, in the first place, to govern themselves. Rulers would then be needless, and equality and liberty would take place without any revolution, by the natural and gentle operation of reason and expediency. This great Teacher allows himself to explain every part of the Bible in conformity to these purposes; and he forbids all wrangling among his scholars, because every man may there find a reasonable application to his peculiar doctrines.

This was a simple Religion, and it was so far inspired; but the minds of his hearers were not fitted for receiving these doctrines. I told you, says he, but you could not bear it.

It's more the case that Free Masonry became the puppet of international Judaism than the Illuminati, and they would have warned that under such a narrow minded religious and ethnic vision all that would result would be interminable religious war and fanatical conflict, the very same group that through the popular media present the Illuminati as the ultimate bogeyman.

edit on Kpm1031278vAmerica/ChicagoMonday0631 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM

Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
But the rich, in that he is made low:
because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth:
so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

…11Your poverty will come in like a vagabond And your need like an armed man.
12A worthless person, a wicked man, Is the one who walks with a perverse mouth,
13Who winks with his eyes, who signals with his feet*, Who points with his fingers;…

*standing foresquare

…10let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel,
that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead-- by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
12"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:57 PM

The Jews also think Moses was physically radiant, originally depicting him as having had rays of light coming off of his face.

I am torn on the old testament. There are many verses which talk about liberty, but even Moses crafted the Mitzvahs and the people kept demanding priests and judges and eventually kings. Why choose a people who rally behind increasing levels of slavery? And when was the last time anyone in any country anywhere had a year of jubilee? That is probably the best virtue that religion has encoded within it.

If Jesus is really a lover of liberty, then he is a brother of mine. Unfortunately, I was raised under a very fundamentalist Lutheranism, being raised by an adoptive Germanic family, and other than a few attempts at attending a liberal Quaker and UU church, I haven't been able to bring myself to show any empathy whatsoever for the Christian religion. Thomas Jefferson wrote a book on the life and philosophy of Jesus that cut out a lot of the crap. Maybe I can take another look.

As to the light being a literal illumination, what might that look like? Could it be an amplification of the natural sunlight as if it's penetrating power was magnified three or four times over? Might it make the world look sort of hazy and dream like as if every color was off by just a little bit? I know for me, it is easiest for me to have that passionate spiritual feeling during the daytime and it honestly feels like I'm connecting to the literal solar body in our system. There are times I'll just go off into the mountains with an mp3 player until I am well alone and just sing while basking in the full light of the sun and at times like those it seems as if that light is magnified by quite a bit.

I've only ever called down the light once while in the company of others and they all became immediately disoriented, so I stopped. Plus, it did strange things to the artificial lighting in the store, knocking out rows upon rows of the bulbs and causing the rest of them to flicker. One woman freaked out thinking her eyes were going bad. I only did it because I was feeling very boxed in and just needed some relief. I'll be much more careful in the future.

I honestly think maybe the Illuminati just stumbled upon a natural phenomenon and were superstitiously enamored by it. Maybe we all have the power to call down the light and to bask in its radiance and we spend so much of our time turning to other authorities that we don't end up making a real connection to the true source of illumination?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
We can only use the internet and discuss this and all topics because the forces of electricity have been discovered and controlled by the human race. Light itself, the illumination itself, was put to work for societies not very long ago. People keep finding new uses for the tamed lightning, the tamed magnetism, the elements of illumination. The scientists and laypeople who moved this process forward did so after forces of religion and other "don't do that" philosophies gave way to liberty and governmental documents of freedom, events written into law by a very tiny handful of people who took it upon themselves to make the human race's playing field quite a bit larger than what it was before they got involved. And they could only do that after the envelope itself had been pushed outward by others before them.

Were any of these folks along the way - these free thinkers who were at first hindered, and then released-to-experiment, create, and report on what they had found by the laws themselves - members (or influenced by) people calling themselves Illuminati? From what I can tell from the patterns of history, sure, bless their souls. Jesus would feel right at home with most of them, and could even take his sandals off and put his feet up. Thanks for a very fine OP, and for giving a nudge to those who see the Illuminati not as a catch-all source of all evil (and who know that loading the name up with every negative conspiracy known to man constitutes both inaccurate reporting and having the not-thinking-it-through gene) but as people who understood that freedom and liberty light up the pathway.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
I wonder though if this is the difference between the bavarian illuminati and the 'new world order' type mass illuminati people talk about.

One was a small verified group and the other is more of a... well a list of people who are rich with globalist agendas who collude together, but cant really be verified as a cohesive established group.

But ive always found the disparity weird how some 'cult of minerva' or 'cult of madonna' groups believe in equality for women, yet the freemasons have never allowed women while claiming equality for all men... and dont give me that separate female masonic order #. They also made black people form their own orders originally. So much for being progressive.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:51 AM
a reply to: Nechash

My main interest here is correlation between the tradition of the Sumerian scholar class and the Illuminati, that there was a secretive group that established organized religion in order to facilitate the development of civilization in harmony with the spiritual principles of the Cosmos, the group that wrote the mythology, which was never to be understood as literally true but enabled humanity to directly relate to such phenomena.

The Hebrew scribal class did develop along similar lines, creating a mythological paradigm in Genesis derivative of Sumerian texts as the basis for the identity and projected development of the Hebrews and that class would have seen themselves as illuminated, seeing clearly the purpose behind the writings.

There is obviously some distinction between those who create religion and those who simply follow after their light, the right to do so in Sumeria was by descent from the Apkallu sages, that theirs was the original vision, as they could be understood as extra-terrestrial amphibians that's were the whole Illuminati and the reptilian aliens kicks in.

a reply to: Ridhya

Yes it's interesting, i tend to see the whole Illuminati-reptilian scare mongering through popular media as a product of Jewish and Protestant Christian identity groups operative within Free Masonry, that they look to preserve the biblical paradigm and maintain exclusivity by disparaging the traditions which could seriously threaten them, any more deep rooted tradition to be seen as of Demonic origination, the evil they stand against, it's not a tenable position though despite the hysteria.

edit on Kam1031279vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday0731 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM

I was reading last night about consuming prana from the sun in the Hindi tradition. This is obviously superstitious, but I think the phenomenon you mentioned is widespread enough not to be all that unique. I certainly wouldn't bow down to someone just because they could wield its powers. Anyone who keeps technology hidden for themselves so that they can have an advantage over others is a tyrant who should be deposed. Until they can learn to share their toys, maybe they should be put in social time out? ;p

For any of you out there wondering how to create your own religion, just craft a narrative and.... make it so. ;p Don't allow any music to be played in your heart except that which emanates from your heart.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:21 PM
a reply to: Nechash

I dunno maybe sometimes things are best kept secret because they're too scary and shocking...?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM

Can the average person handle the truths about life, the universe, their place on the planet? Nope.

At this point in time humanity as a whole is not ready for the "secrets".

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:47 PM
this OP is quite a stretch for me...

I gravitate to the real father of the Illuminati... none other than the 3rd AntiChrist 'Mabus' ...AKA Rothschild

Mayer Amschel Bauer changed his name from Bauer to Rothschild ... ›
Mayer Amschel Bauer changed his name from Bauer to Rothschild and became the founding father of International Finance...

I contend that Mayer Amschel Bauer (Rothschild) is the Father of Illuminati
here is personalized, (fictionalized around facts) look into his life

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM

I have always loved the mother of mystery and magic and the art of living many lives, but the father of light has his charms as well. Maybe we can all unlock the magic of procrastination to serve us at our feet. We can all kill each other tomorrow and then tomorrow never comes. If you tell yourself you cannot have a thing, you magnify its attraction, but if you tell yourself you will most certainly have it, just not right now, you can put it off for eternity. Or, at least it works for me. ;p

I think far too many people are clamoring to impose their vision of the way things ought to be onto everyone else. If we all just let go and allow our own internal worlds to blend into one diverse reality, it would be a carnival of the most magnificent sort.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
I tend to disagree, history shows that religious tradition (though coming from many different sources and reasons) is generally about control and law, and power hungry individuals justifying their rule with 'divinity', and using positions to get what they desire... and likewise, not just kings, but priests, sages, oracles used a variety of simple science, tricks, and vague prophecy to ensure their position, get free food/money/lodging for little work.

I know that this is the active phase, taking advantage of things, and its possible that *originally* traditions were started to... teach people, give them knowledge and reason. But even the Sumerians, Hindus, Assyrians, etc set up vast networks of privilege to those in the ring. Old kings and priests got to have 'ritual' sex with young women, just as an example, and the more I study the world ancient and modern, it occurs to me that knowledge is kept secret for the sole purpose of making a few people *very* comfortable...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>