It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so what is the deal with bacon the past few years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
While reading this thread, I went to my fridge to confirm I have bacon.....5 times.

mmmmmmmm.......baaaaaccooooooonnnnnnnn.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Nyiah

it's food, for crying out loud.

It is a living, feeling creature abused and tortured for your taste buds.

Now, you just said this up thread:

This thread is about why everyone is so sheep like and you all seem to feel proud.

You are definitely derailing. My taste buds thank the animals, and frankly don't care about what you think about it. Can the thinly veiled moral superiority derailing stop yet?

Lol half the thread was turned to beards and whatnot...really!

You keep referring to this as a meateaters thread, i think you need to reread the OP.

And frankly I don't care what you think either, as far as morals go it is all pretty screwed up since everyone just would die if I cooked and ate my dog. I do know one thing...morally speaking...making fun and laughing about the creatures who live in such misery and then are used for your eating pleasure is really low.

edit on 9-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Ive never had lamb bacon....is it good?

Lamb bacon is good but duck bacon is even better.

After the pig the duck is possibly the most delicious and versatile animal ever invented.

I thought perhaps you were being tongue-in-cheek, until I googled it.

This must be nothing short of amazing. My god. I could cry tears of joy

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: proob4

You have a heart, it shows

I know, yummers right? Just think a few more years and BACON!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
While reading this thread, I went to my fridge to confirm I have bacon.....5 times.

Yes some people are actually hypnotized by repetition of what is wanted.
edit on 9-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yes some people are actually hypnotized.
Not as much as the Vegan crowd.
edit on 10/9/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I never joke about bacon.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

...your eating pleasure is really low.

While I cannot speak for Nyiah I can say for myself I do not eat to live, I live to eat. I am an unabashed foodie who does not enjoy 'sustenance', I want food, and I am certainly not ashamed that I am an omnivore.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Personally I respect that vegetarians and vegans have made a moral choice not to eat meat or meat products ( depending upon which variety of vegetarianism / veganism they practice ).

But it is relevant to point out that their diet is a choice. One made on a very personal level for very personal reasons.

The same respect and understanding should be shown to those who choose to be omnivores. I like meat. I enjoy it. Eating it causes me no moral dilemma and I happen to love animals for reasons other than consumption. It is my choice to be this way. It is my natural state. Seeking to shame that state has no effect at all, other than to engrain a bit of bitterness.

Having said that, I still respect vegetarians and vegans. God bless them. They freely chose their diets, just as we all do.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ive never had lamb bacon....is it good?

Lamb bacon is good but duck bacon is even better.

After the pig the duck is possibly the most delicious and versatile animal ever invented.

Here you go I think this is for you!

"Man's flesh is delicious, it tastes far better than fish or pork."

- Alexander Pearce, an Irish convict notorious for cannibalising his fellow prison escapees. He reportedly made these comments shortly before being hanged.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Yes some people are actually hypnotized.
Not as much as the Vegan crowd.

2.5 percent of the population making a decision that has everyone at their throats really?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Are you saying you would like to be turned into bacon?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Personally I respect that vegetarians and vegans have made a moral choice not to eat meat or meat products ( depending upon which variety of vegetarianism / veganism they practice ).

But it is relevant to point out that their diet is a choice. One made on a very personal level for very personal reasons.

The same respect and understanding should be shown to those who choose to be omnivores. I like meat. I enjoy it. Eating it causes me no moral dilemma and I happen to love animals for reasons other than consumption. It is my choice to be this way. It is my natural state. Seeking to shame that state has no effect at all, other than to engrain a bit of bitterness.

Having said that, I still respect vegetarians and vegans. God bless them. They freely chose their diets, just as we all do.

I am sorry but I can't respect those who make fun of living creatures without even looking at the conditions they endure before they are laughed at and joked about as they and their babies are slaughtered. I do respect those who make a decision after they LOOK and see what is happening in the industries like pork producing corporations, but how does that make it necessary to make a joke of these loving creatures?

They have no way to speak they can't show you in anyway, they can't gain your sympathy for their conditions like slaves were able to do. I find you very like someone I love and I respect you and try to respect everyone, but this is it is not a joke! When people laugh at these poor babies it hurts me. I personally love meat but nothing tastes that good!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

if you eat it, it is living. The morality is relative. I suspect that since we are animals, we hold animals in higher regard. I don' tknow. Maybe its because a cactus isn't as cuddly as a bunny rabbit.

Planet Earth is eat or be eaten. Has been for at least a billion years.

Lucky for us, bacon is so delicious that finding motivation to eat something just isn't that hard.

On a side note: like our masonic friend, I am an unabashed foodie too. The only food I don't eat on moral grounds is foie gras. Although, i hate it because it is so delicious.

And a final thought: i bet vegans could easily usurp bacon as a favorite food by finding a way to increase truffle harvests. Ironically, one of our biggest competitors for truffles is pigs. So making more bacon may actually give us higher annual yields of truffles. Talk about a win/win!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I understand your point and respect you views but you joined a conservation about eating meat knowing it is something that upsets you.

Do you not feel it would be better to discuss other things or maybe start a thread about the ethics of animal farming?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The only food I don't eat on moral grounds is foie gras.

The wife wont eat that either but I make up for both of you.

Foie gras is insanely good. I was going to make filet with herb butter tomorrow but now I think, in honor of this thread, I will do bacon-wrapped filet with foie gras butter.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The only food I don't eat on moral grounds is foie gras.

The wife wont eat that either but I make up for both of you.

Foie gras is insanely good. I was going to make filet with herb butter tomorrow but now I think, in honor of this thread, I will do bacon-wrapped filet with foie gras butter.

Dude, if I ever win the lottery, you're going to be my live-in chef.

We've done bacon wrapped chicken breast, bacon mashed potatoes, and chocolate covered bacon. We'd try more recipes incorporating it, but it's a battle of will to not eat every slice beforehand.
edit on 10/9/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

But don't forget Adolph Hitler , Mao . and poll pot , Charles Manson Genghis Khan were all vegetarians

Bacon saves you from being evil

edit on 9/10/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Dude, if I ever win the lottery, you're going to be my live-in chef.

Only if you let me stock your future wine cellar.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I respect those that have made life choices and no longer eat meat. That's their choice, and if it makes them happy, that is wonderful.

However: I expect the same to be afforded to me. My life choice is that of a omnivore, please respect my life choices too.

I eat meat, but love animals also. I have chickens, I eat their eggs. Good thing too because they are a non-brooding species of chickens. In other words: their eggs would be left to rot by them. They do not raise their young.

Also: I still eat chicken. But I would not be able to eat the ones I have. I take care of them, feed them, let them out of their overly large chicken run to free range. I talk to them each day.
The chicken meat at the market however, is just meat to me, so I don't have an emotional attachment to it.

If I had a cow or (even as much as I love bacon and ham) a pig, I would feel the same way about them. I'd take care of the cow and pig, and would not want to see them slaughtered.

At the same time however: I'll still have my pork chops and steak.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join