It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so what is the deal with bacon the past few years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
seems like over the last few years it has become hip/cool/trendy to be into bacon.
what gives?
i mean i like bacon...its not awesome but its cool with breakfast every so often.

over the past couple years though it has become like the 'in' thing.
dennys has a bacon lover month... ice cream sundays topped with bacon. bacon drenched in maple syrup.
i see bacon flavored gum. bacon scented soap and on and on

i go to the store and i see shirts with bacon on it. ear rings that look like bacon strips and on and on

seems to me this has happened the past few years because i dont really remember bacon being so hip before that...

anyone know hoe/why this started?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

Bacon.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Funny ... I just had bacon for lunch. The house smells like bacon now. mmmmm

As for the 'why all the bacon kitsch ... I'd guess because fads come and go.
This one is in. Everyone loves bacon so it's bound to sell well and that's
why the kitsch makers keep on making it.

That's my guess anyways.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It is an atheist subliminal thing. Support bacon because it is banned by two Abrahamic religions, Judaism and Islam.
Biggest conspiracy on planet earth right now, where you been, lol?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Same with epic. Beards.

To me it's a food. Society seems to popularize random things every so often. Phrases, styles. I don't see the point, it's like another hipster phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Blame hipsters. They take things that are otherwise boring or uncool and make them ironically hip. This will be happening more and more as time goes on. It's just a fad that will go away soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It is an atheist subliminal thing. Support bacon because it is banned by two Abrahamic religions, Judaism and Islam.
Biggest conspiracy on planet earth right now, where you been, lol?

Im not sure you are too far off here..I have been wondering too what the sudden fascination was with bacon, I was leaning towards it being a way to make us even more unhealthy than we already are, to boost health care costs and such.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I love a crispy bacon BLT. Now gammon and egg thats another story Mmmmmmm....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For the record I loved bacon before it was "hip."

Friggin' posers.

Seriously though, I've had a t-shirt for over 10 years that says "Bacon! It's meat candy!"

Thick cut, from my butcher - goes good with everything. Yes, even chocolate. I like mine still pretty chewy. Crisp bacon is still delicious, but I like it most when the fatty parts have the texture of bubble gum - that way you can just chew on it for awhile.

Stop dissin' bacon homie!
edit on 6-10-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

seems like over the last few years it has become hip/cool/trendy to be into bacon.
what gives?
i mean i like bacon...its not awesome but its cool with breakfast every so often.

over the past couple years though it has become like the 'in' thing.
dennys has a bacon lover month... ice cream sundays topped with bacon. bacon drenched in maple syrup.
i see bacon flavored gum. bacon scented soap and on and on

i go to the store and i see shirts with bacon on it. ear rings that look like bacon strips and on and on

seems to me this has happened the past few years because i dont really remember bacon being so hip before that...

Bacon in the Uk is a real comfort food although what gets sold now is not really bacon.

It's more like salty porky water.

I'm pretty sure it's the number one reason vegatarians give in over here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

Friggin' posers.

Seriously though, I've had a t-shirt for over 10 years that says "Bacon! It's meat candy!"

Thick cut, from my butcher - goes good with everything. Yes, even chocolate. I like mine still pretty chewy. Crisp bacon is still delicious, but I like it most when the fatty parts have the texture of bubble gum - that way you can just chew on it for awhile.

I am pretty sure that gammon is thinner than bacon used to be.

Make your own its pork and salt and sugar. not rocket surgeory.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't think bacon is bad for you as far as up to date research is concerned.

Like with most things its the quantity of bacon which an cause health issues.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

Friggin' posers.

I am pretty sure that gammon is thinner than bacon used to be.

Make your own its pork and salt and sugar. not rocket surgeory.

Gammon is what we call in the US, "ham" and it's made from the legs. Bacon is pork bellies. They are entirely different but almost equally delicious.

link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
Blame hipsters. They take things that are otherwise boring or uncool and make them ironically hip.

Bacon is neither uncool or unhip. Bacon is the Chuck Norris of food. If Bacon were here now it would slab you upside the head with its salty, smoky goodness for your culinary transgression.

link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Same with epic. Beards.

yeah, youre right. ive been sporting some sort of beard for 18 years. since high school. now though beards are a cool/hip thing and it is annoying as all hell.
all these hipster posers that cant even grow a decent beard want to be all about them.
there are beard clubs and #

my sister in law has a lady boner for beards. thats all she talks about. she travels around to beard competitions and knits her own fake deal to wear while there.

it is super annoying...

back to the bacon though. i know it has been around forever and people love to gnosh on it but i dont like the new trend of wearing your bacon shirt while at denny's eating syrup soaked bacon and bacon sprinkled ice cream because it is the cool thing...

just wondering if anyone else noticed this trend.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Same with epic. Beards.

yeah, youre right. ive been sporting some sort of beard for 18 years. since high school. now though beards are a cool/hip thing and it is annoying as all hell.
all these hipster posers that cant even grow a decent beard want to be all about them.

my sister in law has a lady boner for beards. thats all she talks about. she travels around to beard competitions and knits her own fake deal to wear while there.

it is super annoying...

back to the bacon though. i know it has been around forever and people love to gnosh on it but i dont like the new trend of wearing your bacon shirt while at denny's eating syrup soaked bacon and bacon sprinkled ice cream because it is the cool thing...

I think tonight I'll make bacon for dinner and try not to get any in my beard.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Same with epic. Beards.

it is super annoying...

So you like bacon and beards but you do not like people that like bacon and beards.

Hmmmmmm.... (Strokes his beards and sucks on a slab of cold bacon).....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Fad began with the show Epic Meal Time. Where they made Meals that had tens of thousands of calories wrapped in bacon and then wrapped in more bacon

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So you like bacon and beards but you do not like people that like bacon and beards.

thats not really what i said but ok....
but yes. bacon is decent and i have a beard

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Where they made Meals that had tens of thousands of calories wrapped in bacon and then wrapped in more bacon

It seems like you are saying this is a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join