It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do against the fastest gunslinger ina shtf scenario?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Run.

Second.

LOL

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Be non-threatening.

If he wants to shoot an unarmed, non-aggressive individual that's on him.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

Impress me by drawing that fast and hitting a target at 30' - 50' and I will say your a good shot.

Lastly, If your in a SHTF scenario and your in a gunfight with pistols you already did many things wrong.

I do bowling pin at 75' on fast draw with CZ75 which happens to have best grip for me , 90% hits from the hip.

I agree if needed in a survival situation something else has gone wrong if range gets that close.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In a survival situation you always want to have a sniper a few hundred yards back cover you. Plain and simple, you need someone who can see the map better than you can

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Probably offer him sexual favours if he would spare my life. If that didn't work i would ask him to meet me at Sun up for a shoot out, then offer to take him for a few beers.
Once he had had a few i would wait until his attention was drawn elsewhere then club his potato with the heaviest Bar stool i could find, shove his little plastic Sheriffs Badge up where the Sun dont shine, Steal his Shootas and catch the next stage coach outta dodge.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This question could be phrased. What would you do in a no live situation? Die. If not fastest draw, it's something else. The universe seems to have an unlimited number of ways to kill you and someone being more talented than you is a good goto version in that there is always at least one.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No one wins a fast draw ...

The "Old West" stories were exactly that.. Stories

The math just does not play out..

No matter how fast you may think you are, or really are in fact, the time difference between your lightning draw and an average shooter is so small that you both get hit, considering both are accurate enough..

Just check the physics of action/reaction.. (Google it)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would tell Obama that he was ISIS or the Tea Party and watch him get taken out by a drone.
Plan b would be to have a sniper friend hiding in the 2nd floor of the saloon, while were were sizing each other up in the middle of Main St. the sniper would take him out, and I live another day.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

if you have degenerated to a hostile face-off with holstered side arms - you deserve everything that happens next

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Take him out from 600 yards

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well the best chance I'd likely have in that situation is expressed by this quote by Leonard Cohen from his song
"Hallelujah"

'Maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya'
edit on 6-10-2014 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Flank 'im pop 'im KEEP MOVING,I use rifles.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Cheat

Yup something al-longs the lines of shooting him in his sleep

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would call in a drone strike. Yup.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: mwood

Impress me by drawing that fast and hitting a target at 30' - 50' and I will say your a good shot.

Lastly, If your in a SHTF scenario and your in a gunfight with pistols you already did many things wrong.

I do bowling pin at 75' on fast draw with CZ75 which happens to have best grip for me , 90% hits from the hip.

I agree if needed in a survival situation something else has gone wrong if range gets that close.

I also enjoy shooting long distance with a handgun. Not practical but fun and I like to know what the limitations of the weapon AND myself are.

I can tell you that if I have to engage someone at 100 - 150 yards with my .357 mag Blackhawk they may be in for a surprise.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Like Tom Doniphon took care of Liberty Valance- get someone to distract him then back shoot him.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I would call in a drone strike. Yup.

Is that you, President Obama?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Die. I would die.

But I can work at my marksmanship, and evasion techniques. ;-)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Picked off by a friend with a rifle and a scope. I was so fast, you couldn't even see me move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join