It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do against the fastest gunslinger ina shtf scenario?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah I know that the odds are against anyone finding a fast gunslinger like this man, but with training who knows?

Now, how I came up with this topic in itself is a bit strange. I was talking with my old Sensei from Spain, and a few friends, and one of them showed us this video.

I know that in a real shtf scenario most people are not going to be this fast, and when people turn violent it would be on other ways, mostly attacking from behind and using every advantage at their disposal. But, can you imagine if for some motive you encountered a man/woman as fast as this man? My group of friends understood and realized that if we were to encounter someone like him all of our skills would serve us for nothing at all.

It's amazing how fast some people can draw.

What would you do if you saw a friend of yours being gun down by someone this fast and you knew you were next?...

I am just giving a "what if scnerario" to see what some of you think.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Probably die.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
watch all the old clint eastwood movies...you will get several ideas on how to beat people

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Probably die.

Yeah, that was the general feeling amongst my friends as well. There is no way we could win, unless you set an ambush on someone that fast.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
Cheat

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Two words. Hand grenade

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I've always practiced pistol shooting from the hip for better than 25 years. Athough not as fast as the expert in the OP I'm confident of speed and accuracy I have compared to most who take stance before loosing a round.

Trick is to keep arm and elbow always in same position and turn hips to change targets.

Pretty soon body memory takes over and one can hit surprisingly small targets at 25 yard plus ranges.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a big bit of cast iron as a chest plate with a blood sac infront so he things he's killed you then just point and shoot at your own time (it must work as i've seen it in the movies
)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I would pull a captain kirk on him and. cheat. I dont believe in the no win scenario.

I would drug him or have him picked off by a friend with a scope. Heat of the moment? I would run and try explosives from cover. I would carry some explosives anyways in a SHTF scenario for locked doors or sealed structures so I could scavenge without competition.

edit on 10 6 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Don't encounter or engage people.
The odds go differently if you do.

The purpose of survival is surviving...if people can kill you than stay away as best you can.

If you do want to encounter and engage people...make sure you know what you are doing first and have an idea who you are dealing with beforehand.

Its like blackjack....watch the cards before saying hit or stay.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well, aside from get ventilated really hard, and really fast... I jest of course.

The answer there would be, to spread out your moving group, and avoid large open spaces. Seek cover once, when you start your journey and never entirely leave it. Move from cover to cover, and plan your route accordingly. Thick woodland is your friend. Remain aware of your surroundings. Rely on getting close to your food prey when you kill them, rather than being a lummox and doing every bit of hunting at range. Once you can approach a prey animal and kill them in person, a human target, with less primed hearing, less potent senses, will be no problem to either skirt around, or approach from a direction which they do not expect.

Speed is one thing, but tactical awareness and speed are not automatically bed fellows. A person who possesses speed of shot, but little tactical awareness, will be unprepared to engage a target, or even two targets ahead, while being silently and swiftly assaulted from the rear. Furthermore, there is something to be said for the longbow. Silent, lethal, and capable of engaging targets at quite an extensive range, and using a track which a bullet monger will be utterly unprepared to counter or evade.

All of that said, the best thing to do, would be to avoid people who look like their pistol has seen more action than they have.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You have to outsmart him. Best thing to do is run and hide. But if you have to engage, then you have to outsmart him. As others said ... cheat if you can. I'm too old for seduction, but I could cook up some good eat'n and promise more, then poison the food if he was still threatening. Either that, or win him over to keep me alive and take care of me because I can cook and all men like good food in their stomachs.

Now if this person was a woman, I'd be screwed. That wouldn't work. I'd have to go back to 'run and hide'.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Use V.A.T.S. duh!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a couple of options.. Die....take him out at long range with a rifle before he get's close enough to hit you with his hand guns...make friends with him and take him out when he sleeps.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
His real name is Bob Munden.
Look at his Wikipedia page....
You will find this:

"He (Bob Munden) stunned the End of Trail tournament crowd in Coto de Caza, California, on April 26, 1986 with this one. Before his attempt, Boyd Davis of EMF Distributors expressed his belief that this would be impossible to do. Munden told him that he not only could do it, but that he would do it with Boyd's gun. Boyd Davis is one of the creators of the fun End of Trail tournament and EMF is one of the primary sponsors. Munden borrowed Boyd's gun, a .45 Dakota single-action with a 4 3/4" barrel. On the fourth try, he split a card – an eight of hearts. This has to be one of the greatest exhibition shots ever done."

Link

Oh... the card was flying through the air.
edit on b000000312014-10-06T14:43:15-05:0002America/ChicagoMon, 06 Oct 2014 14:43:15 -0500200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Start practicing now, and then hope he makes a mistake!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The guy is super fast on the draw, that's for sure.

But, people who draw that fast usually do not hit what they are aiming at very well. Chances are if someone is that fast they will miss you in a gun fight so you have a decent chance.

Him popping the balloon's at 8' away is no big trick and don't prove anything because when you shoot a gun there is a lot of gun powder residue that flies out the barrel and is enough to pop the balloon at that distance.

Impress me by drawing that fast and hitting a target at 30' - 50' and I will say your a good shot.

I can draw my Ruger Blackhawk .357 in 2 seconds and hit you in the chest at 30' about every time.

The guys in the old days who won gun fights were the ones who took their time and hit what they were aiming at, just because the other guy gets 3 shots off before you means nothing if they miss their mark.

Also the guy is arrogant, cocky and talks a lot of crap, I realize he is in show business and is promoting himself and his show. He's is a showman, not a gun fighter.

Lastly, If your in a SHTF scenario and your in a gunfight with pistols you already did many things wrong. If you have to kill someone you do it from 300 yards away with a rifle. Someones speed means squat when I am well out of their range shooting at them with a rifle.

My cheap 120 year old Mosin Nagant rifle will beat his fancy pistol shooting any day at 300 yards or more.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So many different options but must remember that no matter how fast one is time is always a factor. I have already done that i need to do to overcome any threats. No amount of time or training can make up for the power of the unseen.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In all seriousness I would take him out from about 500 yards with an AS50. He won't even see me coming, lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'd cheat and just shoot him

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join