It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Ways Ancient Aliens Causes Confusion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens take basic scientific principle and stands it on its head. They automatically assume that everything they investigate was made by Aliens, then try and convince their viewers of that fact on the flimsiest of evidence, flawed theories, and massive misdirection and misinformation. Scientific principle says that you observe things in nature and then come to a conclusion based on those observations, not jump to conclusion and then try and justify it.

The whole show should be "for entertainment purposed only" and should have a disclaimer on every episode that it's not supposed to be taken as factual.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

Thank you for your post.

I have never seen Ancient Aliens. I've tried to watch an online clip on two different occasions but I couldn't get past the drama and music.

I went to your site and I read through the arguments. I didn't find them very convincing. In particular I found point number 4 to be especially unconvincing. Why skew the rows? Is your depiction of the camp around the tabernacle supposed to be to scale? If not then it just looks like a 3x3 grid.

Also, I felt mislead by the title "8 Ways Ancient Aliens Causes Confusion". Your Q&A seems to focus on Robert's statements (presumably a member of your site) and your responses are arguments trying to breakdown his reasoning, as opposed to 8 ways or methods from Ancient Aliens.

All the best.

edit on 6-10-2014 by compressedFusion because: Added "your responses" in the last sentence for clarity of the subject

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
Ancient Aliens has been known to stretch the truth, omit facts, and just flat out get things wrong. So if they are interviewing the "experts" and getting simple things wrong, how can we even believe that they are credible? Check out this article:

Your link takes one to a website selling all kinds of religious pablum. The opening sentence reads: "How does watching Ancient Aliens cause confusion for many Christians that aren’t well grounded in scripture?"

Christians have no business asking how a tv show that depends on lies confuse them. By the very act of being christian they are confused since there is no historical evidence that a Jesus existed. Christians are reacting to mind control so it doesn't matter if the Vatican tries to control their minds with lies just as "Ancient Aliens" does. The show is not for the intelligent.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
But religion being wrong doesnt mean that Ancient Aliens is right (which it lies constantly to make its point). The points in the article were completely valid, but you didnt even seem to read them!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
HA

According to Ancient Aliens, or more specifically to Georgio; the only tools available to Mesoamerican men, were chicken bones!

He is seriously hurting his own cause. He actually tried to convince the audience that aliens must have built every edifice because the indigenous men were just running around with chicken bones. Then he says it ad nausem until the slow viewer says to himself......"yeah, no way a chicken bone could have done that!"

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Is God or any of the Angels originally from Earth?
No, which makes him,her,it an extraterrestrial.

How do you know they weren't from Earth? Because they said so?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
AA makes me upset, because it depicts our ancestors as little more than poo flinging apes. That we couldn't do anything without the help of benevolent aliens holding our hands and making things for us.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I'm positive that the show is and always has been a "what if" show. They never push the AA theory as fact! Not one single time when I've watched have they said "it's because of aliens"!

This assumptions of the show is wrong, it's all a "what if".

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: strangechristian777
Ancient Aliens has been known to stretch the truth, omit facts, and just flat out get things wrong. So if they are interviewing the "experts" and getting simple things wrong, how can we even believe that they are credible? Check out this article:

I was expecting an interesting article challenging some of the "facts" that Ancient Aliens likes to present. Instead of that I was linked an article filled with religious drivel that's worse than the show in question.

0/10, would not read again.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Maybe read a few books instead of pretending a TV show is the end all be all of a subject.

Forbidden Archaeology & Chariots of the Gods would be a starting point.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

OP likes to set traps.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

1. Greer
2. Greer
3. Greer
4. Greer
5. Greer
6. Greer
7. Greer
8. Greer

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Maybe read a few books instead of pretending a TV show is the end all be all of a subject.

Forbidden Archaeology & Chariots of the Gods would be a starting point.

You mean the book by a proselytizing Hare Krishna and the book that parrots earlier misreprensentations made by fringe writers ignoring evidence?

Harte

top topics

<< 1   >>

join