It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish Nurse tests Positive for EBOLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Spanish Nurse tests Positive for EBOLA after treating victim in Madrid

First outside Africa? Spanish nurse tests positive for Ebola after treating victim in Madrid

RT

This is just in. I'll be posting updates

UPDATE

A Spanish nurse who treated an Ebola victim in Madrid is thought to be the first person to have contracted the virus outside Africa, health officials say.

The nurse tested positive for Ebola in initial tests and doctors are awaiting final results, according to reports.

She was part of the team that treated Spanish priest Manuel Garcia Viejo, who died of Ebola on 25 September.

Some 3,400 people have died in the outbreak - mostly in West Africa.

The priest died in the hospital Carlos III de Madrid after catching Ebola in Sierra Leone.

BBC

So she's officially the First Person to have contracted Ebola outside of Africa
edit on 6-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

That should be a lesson to those countries that are purposefully bringing Ebola infected people home to their countries.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

A nurse who treated two Ebola patients at a Madrid hospital has become infected with the disease herself, health officials and various sources told media on Monday.

“Two tests were done and the two were positive,” a spokesman for the health department of the regional government of Madrid told AFP.

A preliminary assessment indicated that the nurse had contracted the virus before the final announcement was made on Monday.

The nurse had been involved in the treatment of a missionary elderly priest, Manuel Garcia Viejo, who had been in Sierra Leone and was taken to Madrid's Hospital Carlos III in September.

RT

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That should be a lesson to those countries that are purposefully bringing Ebola infected people home to their countries.

We're doomed to exterminate ourselves..

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: intrptr

We're doomed to exterminate ourselves..

Bad enough the stuff is running wild in Africa… we got to be bringing it home.

Face palm, face palm, face palm…

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All i can say about this is: crap i live in spain now...

she had a week with fever, she went a few days back to her doctor and he said that wait a couple of days before going to ER

My source (spanish)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sorry to be the one to do this Hellas

Whilst your thread is better, this is Already posted it's still in the live section. I'm afraid the rule about running parallel threads in different forums won't help here either.

Cody

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

she had a week with fever, she went a few days back to her doctor and he said that wait a couple of days before going to ER

My source (spanish)

So now they need to check everybody she had contact with.. Same game like with Duncan in Dallas.

Soon we're going to be running outside with masks and gloves!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Sorry to be the one to do this Hellas

Whilst your thread is better, this is Already posted it's still in the live section. I'm afraid the rule about running parallel threads in different forums won't help here either.

Cody

Oh well..

Thanks bud!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
here's the first thread about it in case you wanted to look there too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

My source (spanish)

What was the nurse wearing for Protection?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Sorry man

I hate it when it happens to me, yours is so much more ATS.

I'll buy you a beer some day

Cody

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So why did President Obama send 4000 troops into the area? There is a good chance that any number of them could contract the disease and bring it back to the US.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Was just going to post this as well. S&F for the OP.

Surprised this is the first nurse that's come down with it. They need to stop ALL travel from that part if the world...like yesterday.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join