It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussing A Claimed "Top-Secret" Video Supposedly Taken By Neil Armstrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

This video was posted on a recent thread called, The Real Reason We Never Went Back to the Moon, and it was claimed that this video was taken by none other than Neil Armstrong. It was also claimed that this video was classified "top secret", and a "leak" (lucky for us, right?) made it possible for this video to be disclosed to the public. This video shows a structure on the Moon - more specifically, an alien base.

This video started getting accepted by the general, believable public as a "proof" that the USA was hiding once again secrets about aliens to the public, and that the Moon race was nothing but a race for first contact, letting the poor Russians behind.

But, there is a thing which caught my attention in this video supposedly taken by Neil Armstrong. More specifically, a frame showed an anomaly so obvious that I truly wonder how come no one saw it.

At one point, the camera pans around the inside of the "alien base". Only windows, pillars and doors. Unfortunately, at 2:24, it caught something in the upper-left corner which cast a serious doubt on the veracity of the "proof":

A zoom on the point of interest:

This seems to be the end of a word, or of a logo.

True video by Neil Armstrong, or hoax to lead people to believe that the US is holding a dark, sinister secret agenda on the Moon as many already do believe?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I can't say for sure what it is...could it be real sure but I doubt it...horrible quality

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It is also interesting to know that the YouTube account which posted this video, NAlexo, posted nothing else - only this video, some 7 years ago.

For those who don't know why I am pointing this out: this behaviour is typical of an individual who acts as a third party to sway public opinion - this individual creates an anonymous account with only one purpose (to publish the material), publishes the one and only material, and stops being active for a very long period of time since the individual's goal was achieved.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Well I wouldn't be that surprised by the quality... I doubt 1080 HD existed in 1969.

edit on 6-10-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Compared to original Apollo shots, its really of different and much poorer quality - tell tale sign for ... hoax

Most likely a small scale miniature model run over with a hand held camera plus photoshopped for effets. That's about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

I can't say for sure what it is...could it be real sure but I doubt it...horrible quality

I'm going to say the video is from a FILM source either 8mm or 16mm film
because of certain characteristics I am familiar with (i've only transferred
maybe about 1.5 million feet of 8mm, Super-8, 16mm and even the odd
35/70mm film to video on a telecine) ...BUT...the camera movement in
certain parts is indicative of a camera dolly and jib-arm.

So I will say two things based on the ERA of the film and that T-logo
pointed out by others:

1) Film Set

2) T-Logo = TV Station Bug? (i.e. Video Logo Overlay)

I suspect this is an on-set test footage setup used to
calibrate a motion control camera system. Based on
certain design elements it's from 1976 to 1988.

BUT with some added de-focus and "White-Levels" adjustment made
to BLAST OUT the highlights to make the footage More Old-looking some
extra compression artifacts and some added video noise help make it more
Special FX'ey looking to me.

The base footage is still quite 1970's 16mm film tho in my eyes...

---

On a personal basis, I'm asking you all isn't this part of footage
used within the 1970's era British Sci-Fi TV show "Space 1999" ?

I thought they sometimes shot in 16mm film to reduce production costs...not sure though!
edit on 2014/10/6 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think the logo you're seeing is from the monitor playing the video.

This video was made by filming a monitor playing the video.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've not even been on this site for more than a few months at most and I've seen this more than once in a new thread.

Widely considered a complete hoax as an earlier poster already said.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The quality is horrible, I'm leaning towards fake/hoax. If this were a real video filmed by Neil Armstrong, the chance of it being leaked would be slim to none. Leaked on youtube by an account with no other activity doesn't make sense, it's got to be a hoax.

I think Yeahkeepwatchingme is on to something with the logo.

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I think the logo you're seeing is from the monitor playing the video.

This video was made by filming a monitor playing the video.

That was my initial thought as well when watching the video.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This, you can see the top of the monitor as well. Hoax or not, this is being filmed with a handheld camera looking at a monitor playing hoaxed/not hoaxed video.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wasn't this video pointed out in the original thread to be part of a spanish tv show from a long time ago? I dont believe that this is authentic at all and was never meant to be but it has been edited to remove the tv host talking about it before the clip starts.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Someone has their fresh pants on...even the video footage from that period in time looked pretty damn good...have you not seen any of the mission videos?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Is it a possibility this is an old adobe structure?

Perhaps training footage?

But honestly, it seems like it probably is on the moon.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Serious question:

Didn't anyone ask Neil before he died if it was real or not?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Um... Not to ruin your thread but...

This

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In the thread you speak of it was claimed that this was actually pulled from a foreign movie. I think that a hoax is the most likely explanation, and if someone could corroborate what I'm saying by naming the movie, that should do the trick of debunking these claims. I am not certain that I am correct, as I am just relating what I remember reading. There are few sources of claims of alien bases on the moon that hold up to scrutiny imo. There are some pieces of evidence that cannot be proven to be false, but these are rare. The majority of pictures that show "bases" on the moon are explained by geological processes, and sometimes are due to the image processing itself. I think that in those instances people are too keen to put their faith in them without any due diligence being performed.

A piece of advice that I would like to offer, something I've learned from participating on these forums and that has served me well in real life on a number of occasions, and this is to anyone who is willing to accept it: whenever something is posted that you know nothing about, do not reply immediately with your first thoughts. Instead, either do your own research, at least in a preliminary manner, or wait until a number of people have posted. Usually by the 3rd page someone who actually has important information, in one form or another, will respond, and this will cause your thoughts to go in a different direction, or will make you realize that what you were going to say is completely useless or would have been just plain wrong. I am not sure I am getting my point across in the manner I intended, but hopefully you guys understand what I mean. In the real world this has served me on a few occasions because I didn't blurt out my opinion immediately, and I was thankful for it, as it allowed me to gauge the thoughts and information that others possessed before formulating a reply.

Again, this is not directed at any specific individual, and I'm not complaining about anything that was posted. I just know that too often I offer my initial thoughts on a subject, and I later realize that what I said was incorrect, and that I could have saved myself from those errors had I been a little more patient, or had I delved into the ideas and attempted to find out more information on my own.

new topics

top topics

join