It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tale of Three Teachers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It seems in this life, you ultimately have three teachers. You have this world, which seeks to ensnare you into the trap of surrendering to your own smallness, you have an inexplicable synchronizing force which seeks to present information to you in order to induce change and growth within you and you have an internal voice which seeks to make sense of the world by adopting and accepting principles to guide your belief system.

The internal voice is probably the most dangerous of the three, because it is something you accept as your own, but it is ultimately not your own, it is more similar to a .mp3 player which can either produce narrative that you have crafted or it can produce narrative that is induced into you by other authors. It seems to be true that whatever you accept as true echoing from the amplifier of that internal voice will magnify itself over time to become your reality. Call this force whatever you will.

The synchronizing force is truly transcendent and inexplicable, but it seems as if every artist, actor and author on this planet are all inducing subtle changes in one another so that the narratives they weave can align to become a masterpiece within the heart of the observer. If you allows yourself to surf upon the waves induced by this force, amazing things can unfold, fulfilling the deepest virtuous needs of your heart in ways that could not have been achieved if attempted by your own limited planning.

The final teacher of the world seems to be the world itself and it seems to be a truly nefarious teacher seeking to ensnare you at every turn. Very little does the world have to teach you that is not taught through lessons of fear and abuse. It seems that those who are most transfixed by the world are those who are marching headlong into slavery at the most advanced rate.

Common Lies Told to Ensnare You:

1). Free will does not exist.
2). Surrendering your free will is a virtue.
3). You can be defined and limited by external narratives.
4). The world is entirely ruled by materialistic determinism.
5). The world is entirely ruled by some grand architect.
6). You can find all of the answers by accepting that person over there as an authority figure.
7). You can easily make sense of the world entirely on your own.
8). The state of things is immutable.
9). You are powerless to change your situation.
10). It is impossible to change your archetype.
11). Our shared reality is the most important thing there is.
12). If you don't do this, that will certainly happen to you.
13). If you aren't this, then that means you are that.
14). If I'm not as good as or better than them in every way imaginable, then I'm not good enough at all.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

hahaha...i dont think anyone wants to pull the pin on this grenade. seeing as how you just dumped a box of them on the table.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hey, when all the clattering falls to silence, that is a good sign. There are certain birds that just never shut up.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Normally I shy away from the philosophical talk as I am not sure I get it.

However, the three teachers you mention are thought provoking. The 'inexplicable synchronizing forces' is an interesting idea. Would this be akin to Zen?

DO we see them as random or guiding?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Yes? Hey, don't look to me for solid answers. The above is as close as I've come to absolute truth and it is shaky ground at best. I think this force might be what others refer to as God or Ein Sof or Hu or Chi or whatever you want to call it. I think it is a force which guides and if you are open to it, it can reach out to you in almost anything you experience. I'm guessing for those people that learn Zen and can derive understanding from the silence it is the same voice, but maybe it has an easier time talking to them because they are actually trying to listen.

I'm a very arrogant noisy person inherently, so for this voice to reach me it has to present itself in the cluttered mess I surround myself in. I don't have a solid definition and I'm not even sure if it is an sentient force as we understand ourselves to be. The stoics talked a great deal about some type of fate that directed them if they were open to it. From the experiences I've had their description is the one that seems the most similar to what I've experienced myself. It might be some type of shared subconsciousness or it might be some type of internally subconscious force that connects disparate parts of our understanding in order to derive deeper meaning from communication than what the artist actually intended. It might be some aspect of intelligence on a level we don't understand yet that is trying to transfer information across individuals maybe based around some type of quantum entanglement or extradimensional level. I really don't know one way or another at this point. I just know I can sense it and things have happened to me that don't really make sense under any other world-view.

It could simply be the mind trying to make sense of itself. It gets all this noise and its constantly trying to see patterns that aren't there, but in the insanity of that futility, sometimes epiphanies are made that spring forward amazing correlations that you've never seen before. That could explain probably 99% of the phenomenon. The problematic features are like wanting to find a book on Morgan Le Fay, only having $10 in your pocket and walking into half-priced books to find exactly what you are looking for on the discount rack for $2. This kind of stuff happens almost daily for me. I can't explain it. I've stopped trying a long time ago and just sort of go with it at this point.

join