It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse 'infected with Ebola' in Spain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Some Ebola outbreaks have had death rates of 90%. The death rate for this outbreak of Ebola is a little over 50%. Every other person who gets it will die.

If this does spread, and it looks like it will, we are talking about potentially millions of deaths. I don't know whether it would be better to die or be left here afterwards. It would be a very different world. Not too good I reckon.

The nurse infected in Spain insists she followed protocol. It is now being suggested that the protective gowns are not going to stop the spread and protect healthcare workers.

Anyway. the very fact that there is a stupid bloody debate about a dog, 1 bloody dog, being humanly killed suggests that we have lost this battle already.

Do the people worried about a dog not realize that if there is a widespread outbreak of Ebola that i can guarantee they will be shooting humans to keep them under control. You wont be worried about a bloody dog then. Everybody who gets infected isn't gonna want to sit quietly and wait for death.

People have being waiting for a Zombie outbreak. This could end up being pretty close. You ain't gonna have folks rising from the dead but I am sure you will have folks running around making sure they go out with a bang and maybe take some other folks with them.

"Why me". " Why did I get infected?" "Its not fair"

"Sir, you MUST stay in the quarantine zone while the disease plays out"

"I will not, you cant keep me here, I have rights!"

Bang! - you dead stupid.

A widespread outbreak would lead to military/police taking control fairly quickly.

edit on 8-10-2014 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

So, anyone who wants to attack my 'what if' scenario of dogs samplong the vomitus and then spreading far and wide can eat their own words.

I am totally onboard with your 'what if'.
'What ifs' are what will help us head this thing off.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I wonder what would have played out differently if people during The Black Death or The Spanish Flu had the internet...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

According to a worker at that hospital, Romero lay in the emergency room -- exposed to other patients as well as medical staff, going back and forth -- for eight hours before being transferred to a hospital in the Spanish capital that specializes in infectious diseases.

Source

CNN also reported 6 people are in the hospital in Spain related to Ebola.
edit on 8-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lacrimaererum
Yes I realize all that.
My heart breaks for t its owners, who to them it is a loved one. I don't even like dogs myself. I have cats. I've been deathly ill and hospitalized and being able to see my cat was a great comfort when comfort was next to nil. So that's why I say its sad. But Its sad to anyone who loves animals. The whole story of how Its tragic that this nurse could lose her life over doing something good for another.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from, which was a compassionate place .

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINk
Spanish nurse reported symptoms many times before she was quarantined. Same story with the Duncan case. Human error will make this worse.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join