It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bianchi crash suzuka F1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hi guys, i was busy so missed the race live, I watched the highlights on BBC iplayer earlier today and they mentioned the crash but said they won't be showing it, I scoured YouTube but can't find any videos of the crash, I finally managed to find one in the link below, I sincerely hope he has a speedy and full recovery, I thought I would post this for people that are interested, cheers
www.zie.nl...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I read about the crash in the news paper this morning, but had not seen it either...

No wonder they had to give him oxygen on the spot and that he needed emergency surgery!...

Getting at that speed literally head first in such a big vehicle... He will need a miracle.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

They didn't show the crash live on sky either, I can see why now !!!! It's a miracle he survived. I know these cars are pretty safe, but that was one hell of a head shot to take.

May his recovery be swift and his friends and family worry be released soonest.

When they refused to show the crash, I assumed the worst. Usually they won't show a bad crash if they can help it if they think they'll be recovering a body. Having seen that I'm surprised they weren't.

Cody

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

They didn't show the crash live on sky either, I can see why now !!!! It's a miracle he survived. I know these cars are pretty safe, but that was one hell of a head shot to take.

May his recovery be swift and his friends and family worry be released soonest.

When they refused to show the crash, I assumed the worst. Usually they won't show a bad crash if they can help it if they think they'll be recovering a body. Having seen that I'm surprised they weren't.

Cody

Yeah he's a lucky guy after viewing the video, lucky in the sense it didn't kill him instantly

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yeah

He's listed as critical but stable at the moment. His dad flew out to be with him, my heart goes out to him, his family and friends.

This would have happened under double waved yellows, I wonder if he'd slowed and lost down force, then simply aquaplaned ? There's no fun to be had when you're a passenger in a situation like that. Because at that point in time even as the driver you are just a passenger.

Nasty business, get ready for the first "Why would you post that ?" comment

Cody

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Yeah

He's listed as critical but stable at the moment. His dad flew out to be with him, my heart goes out to him, his family and friends.

This would have happened under double waved yellows, I wonder if he'd slowed and lost down force, then simply aquaplaned ? There's no fun to be had when you're a passenger in a situation like that. Because at that point in time even as the driver you are just a passenger.

Nasty business, get ready for the first "Why would you post that ?" comment

Cody

Haha I'm ready for that comment, my reply is why not, I was genuinely interested in seeing the crash and I'm sure other people are too, so it's for informative purposes

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Indeed a shocking accident that (with hindsight) could have been avoided if the recovery vehicle had been adapted by using cages around the sides and rear. An F1 car is an immensely strong beast but it makes no difference if the crash structures are not the parts the strike the object, whatever it is. Jules was lucky not to have been killed instantly by the impact.

Sky F1 commentator Martin Brundle had an almost identical accident whilst in similar conditions on the very same corner a few years back narrowly avoiding the JCB but still hitting a marshall breaking his leg.

Could more be done to protect the drivers and marshals during times like this? I think so but this definately proves the methods employed to remove a striken car from the track after an accident need a very careful review.

I can only pray that Jules makes a full and speedy recovery and that the FIA (the sports governing body) review and adjust the methods employed under wet/crash conditions.

Just to add I have been an F1 fan for 30+ years and although i have seen many tragic accidents and deaths over the years I do honestly think this one could have been avoided by ensuring that the recovery vehicles are suitable for working around these cars.

Get well soon Jules!!!!

Peace.

M.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: murlock
Indeed a shocking accident that (with hindsight) could have been avoided if the recovery vehicle had been adapted by using cages around the sides and rear. An F1 car is an immensely strong beast but it makes no difference if the crash structures are not the parts the strike the object, whatever it is. Jules was lucky not to have been killed instantly by the impact.

Sky F1 commentator Martin Brundle had an almost identical accident whilst in similar conditions on the very same corner a few years back narrowly avoiding the JCB but still hitting a marshall breaking his leg.

Could more be done to protect the drivers and marshals during times like this? I think so but this definately proves the methods employed to remove a striken car from the track after an accident need a very careful review.

I can only pray that Jules makes a full and speedy recovery and that the FIA (the sports governing body) review and adjust the methods employed under wet/crash conditions.

Just to add I have been an F1 fan for 30+ years and although i have seen many tragic accidents and deaths over the years I do honestly think this one could have been avoided by ensuring that the recovery vehicles are suitable for working around these cars.

Get well soon Jules!!!!

Peace.

M.

Well said

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The broadcast was cancelled before I could see it-now I understand why.

From what I've read he collided with a support vehicle and that should never have happened. Needless to say that there will be a full investigation, the fault could fall at the feet of the track marshals, the flag bearers, or the officials themselves.

I can't help but think that there was a lapse somewhere; after all motor racing is now a very safe sport and in the modern era injuries are attributed to freak accidents.

But enough with the negative, Let's hope Jules makes a speedy recovery.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
BBC wasn`t showing it live.

That was an awful crash.

Normally you have to go slower under yellow and that`s enough, but with weather deteriorating even with slowing down you can crash. They should have neutralized the race while the crane was on the track.

On the plus side of things, Jean Todt,"Schumacher can lead a relative normal live again, but still needs time." He has visited him last week.
edit on 6-10-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Normally you have to go slower under yellow and that`s enough,

You can see the flagman in the tower waving a GREEN flag before, during and after the crash.

That's just plain wrong.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

You can see the flagman in the tower waving a GREEN flag before, during and after the crash.

That's just plain wrong.

Green flag

"All clear. The driver has passed the potential danger point and prohibitions imposed by yellow flags have been lifted."

So that seems alright to me if there were yellow flags still earlier.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

That's just plain wrong.

Green flag

"All clear. The driver has passed the potential danger point and prohibitions imposed by yellow flags have been lifted."

So that seems alright to me if there were yellow flags still earlier.

Correct
there were double waved yellow flags all around the incident. the green flag that you see is in the tower past the accident site stating the danger area ends there and normal racing speed can be resumed.

Although by that point the safety car had been deployed and there is a minimum lap time in force as cars then form up behind it.

All the usual procedures were enforced correctly by the FIA rulings. This accident as far as I can see is purely down to the design of the recovery vehicle used to remove Adrian Sutil's Sauber that had crashed on the previous lap.

new topics

top topics

join