It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Peaks!!! Its coming back!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Please let this news be accurate,but after speculation over the last few days over a couple of mysterious synchronous "Twin Peaks" related tweets from David Lynch and Mark Frost,this article appears to confirm that the much loved show will return for 9 episodes on Showtime channel.
tvline.com...

What a dose of sweet cherry pie that is for the fans of the show!
I can't wait-its not a reboot,its Twin Peaks 25 years later-fans may remember Laura Palmer telling Agent Cooper in a vision,that she will see him again in 25 years-That's the year 2016.

Spread the news Twin Peaks fans!

edit on 6/10/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: added YT vid

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Going to be fighting tooth... erm I meant dentures and nail now with Mrs R as to who gets the favourite chair in-between the new season of The walking dead and Twin peaks.... ahhhh how that theme music brings back memories...

*Hobbles off with zimmer frame to make more coffee*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/10/14 by Rodinus because: Proper vid added

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Heheh-Great reply Rodinus!
I ain't quite there with the dentures yet,but I will be fighting for the best chair just like you.

The music was one of the things which set Twin peaks apart from the rest-the haunting combination of David Lynch's weird distortion trip out sound effects along with Angelo Badalamenti and the somehow astral/angelic voice of Julie Cruise....

Awesome story telling.

I just hope we find out a little more about the owls-I think they may have been something to do with the aliens/other plane beings that Maj. Garland Briggs was speaking of before he went off into the forest...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nooooo!!!

I never watched Twin Peaks, but I did see the last episode...scared the "bleep" out of me!

The little man, the strobe lighting, the talking backwards (well that's what it sounded like), the strange "Y" shape they made with their arms.

Aahhh!

I never understood that episode, or the whole thing come to think of it, I thought it was about a woman who was murdered or missing or something...why was the last episode so creepy?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Twin Peaker here. Time to dust off and watch the original. Can't wait to see the update.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Heheh-Great reply Rodinus!
I ain't quite there with the dentures yet,but I will be fighting for the best chair just like you.

The music was one of the things which set Twin peaks apart from the rest-the haunting combination of David Lynch's weird distortion trip out sound effects along with Angelo Badalamenti and the somehow astral/angelic voice of Julie Cruise....

Awesome story telling.

I just hope we find out a little more about the owls-I think they may have been something to do with the aliens/other plane beings that Maj. Garland Briggs was speaking of before he went off into the forest...

Gnarrrrrrrrrrr...

Now you have got me pulling my hair out as I will have to download every single episode of Twin Peaks to get back into the gist of things...

Rod Jr is not going to be happy when his PS3 starts playing up when I take out all the bandwith... Bwahahahahahahahaha

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I wont tell you what I got upto as a teenager regarding Sheryl Ann Fenn, she was hot.

Oh and Twin Peaks was dam good also! Even the movie Fire Walk With Me done it justice. Hopefully they keep the creepy artistic temperament.

edit on 6-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The murder of Laura Palmer mystery was solved in 'Fire Walk With Me.' I'm curious what the the new mystery will be.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The murder of Laura Palmer mystery was solved in 'Fire Walk With Me.' I'm curious what the the new mystery will be.

Apparently you didn't see the last episode.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I wont tell you what I got up to as a teenager regarding Sheryl Ann Fenn, she was hot.

Oh and Twin Peaks was dam good also! Even the movie Fire Walk With Me done it justice. Hopefully they keep the creepy artistic temperament.

INdeed Synapse! What she could do with a cherry stem is
illegal in seventeen states.

I myself always had some recurring nightmare of Ms. Lee in
a nurse's outfit coming into my hospital room to do some
rather invasive tests. What a cruel smile--- I'm dog food.
lower case. If you're reading this one Rod, she melts my upper.

Pray that Kyle Mc can return in spite of whatever contracts
he may have with mere earthlings posing as producers.

edit on 6-10-2014 by derfreebie because: I AM the ass hat halftrack

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hehhe,
Sorry Rod Junior,the internet connection is playing up,should be OK in a while.

All bandwidth is off limits when new TP is concerned!

Man,I can not wait and really hope we get to 2016 as a species,to be able to see whats going on in Twin Peaks if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Twin Peaks may have been cut short, but it had really already delivered its message.
Which was (if you read between the lines) that the powers of evil are in charge and are playing games with us.
Remember that the dwarf and the giant are "one and the same".
Echoed by the blurring of boundaries between "good guy" and "bad guy" which happens in almost every plotline.

edit on 6-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Loved Twin Peaks and was sad when it was cancelled. Think I may still have Laura Palmer's Diary somewhere around the house.

Excited for the reboot, really hope it happens and that it's a quality show. Yay!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Twin Peaks may have been cut short, but it had really already delivered its message.
Which was (if you read between the lines) that the powers of evil are in charge and are playing games with us.
Remember that the dwarf and the giant are "one and the same".
Echoed by the blurring of boundaries between "good guy" and "bad guy" which happens in almost every plotline.

It delivered A message, not THE message.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted
Agreed. It was the writer''s message, not one that I'm endorsing myself.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is a god. Can't wait!

"The owls are not what they seem . . ."

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I love Twin Peaks.
And Fire Walk With Me!

Awesome. Hope so.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

"I've got good news! That show you like is going to come back in style
"

I just discovered Twin Peaks this year and I'm an instant fanatic. I saw some rumors around imdb.com that Lynch was working on a new feature film in 2014, but maybe it will be TP after all.

edit on 6-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I remember when I found "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer" at a goodwill in NE once, best thrifty find ever!

But seriously, that ending . . . how frustrating.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: andy06shake

I wont tell you what I got up to as a teenager regarding Sheryl Ann Fenn, she was hot.

INdeed Synapse! What she could do with a cherry stem is
illegal in seventeen states.

I myself always had some recurring nightmare of Ms. Lee in
a nurse's outfit coming into my hospital room to do some
rather invasive tests. What a cruel smile--- I'm dog food.
lower case. If you're reading this one Rod, she melts my upper.

Pray that Kyle Mc can return in spite of whatever contracts
he may have with mere earthlings posing as producers.

Melts only the upper???

Cripes... I think Andy06shake put it in a nutshell for me

Kindest respects

Rodinus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join