It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage in several states, leaves issue unresolved nationally

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I did the same in the tristate area as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
How about forcing a photographer to attend and document gay wedding? Yeah, it happened.

It's the same as attending a straight wedding, or an Indian wedding, or a Jewish wedding. It's not life-changing. It's just doing your job that you agreed to do.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
No, it's doing the job you didn't want to do, but are forced to. Just because you don't think it's life changing, matters not. You are welcome to become a photographer and attend as many gay weddings as you choose.

edit on Mon, 06 Oct 2014 16:15:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

How about forcing a photographer to attend and document gay wedding? Yeah, it happened.

It's the same as attending a straight wedding, or an Indian wedding, or a Jewish wedding. It's not life-changing. It's just doing your job that you agreed to do.

I disagree. The food at an Indian or Jewish wedding would probably be superior.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I simply tell whoever I do not want the job. Simple as that. I have done so for many reasons, and will continue to do so with jobs I do not want to take.

That's fine. As long as you don't let it be known that you're doing it based on race, religion, handicap, sexual orientation, etc. However, if the person suspects that the reason is some kind of discrimination, they can still sue. So, be careful.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There's always the backdoor. "Sorry, I'm booked solid." Can't argue with that one.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

did you get gay coodies?....did all of a sudden you start looking at male ass?...give me a break...the anti-gay crowd is rediculous

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Those are never my reasons anyways, but that is not the point. If I don't want to work for someone for any reason, I don't. If someone sued me, they would lose terribly. I never signed a contract agreeing to work for them, they have no case. I never even write up a contract before I see the job, and get a feel on how much of a pain in the ass the homeowner is going to be.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No, it's doing the job you didn't want to do, but are forced to. Just because you don't think it's life changing, matters not. You are welcome to become a photographer and attend as many gay weddings as you choose.

There are lots of things you are "forced" to do if you own a business, depending on your state. You are forced to have a business license. You are forced to offer your employees a reasonably safe place to work. You are forced to comply with anti-discrimination laws. Don't want to follow those laws? You are free not to own a business.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18501733]kaylaluv

If you tell the gay person that once they leave the gun/backpack/dog/dirty clothes at home, they are welcome into the store - that's not discrimination. They can't leave their homosexuality at home, so refusing service due to their sexuality IS discrimination. I suppose you could demand that they convert to heterosexuality before you provide service, but that's a bit more complicated than just asking them to leave their gun in the car.

Your logic is sound. I guess it's a good thing I don't own a business.

edit on 6-10-2014 by itguysrule because: format

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Those are never my reasons anyways, but that is not the point. If I don't want to work for someone for any reason, I don't. If someone sued me, they would lose terribly. I never signed a contract agreeing to work for them, they have no case. I never even write up a contract before I see the job, and get a feel on how much of a pain in the ass the homeowner is going to be.

We need to have some windows put in... Are you "booked solid"?
We're straight.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: itguysrule

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
a reply to: itguysrule

Funny that you use the term lofty but still adhere to the bastardized canon of an ancient religion.

Oh snap! I guess I have been wrong about everything in my life. Thanks for your help.

Hey man whatever excuse you got to justify your disgust and hatred of people you don't agree with.

I mean look at the parallel. Do you think that doctors should be able to refuse treatment of someone if they're gay?
edit on 6-10-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So if I think white heterosexual males are a blight on society I can refuse them service or refuse to hire them?

Sounds reasonable.........

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

So if I think white heterosexual males are a blight on society I can refuse them service or refuse to hire them?

Sounds reasonable.........

Dude. You're about 15 years too late.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
Of course you can, white hetero males are not part of a protected class.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
But again, why is anyone against Gay Marriage?

What purpose does that opposition serve?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lol, not really experienced in the window installation department. I did the windows in my house, that's the extent of my experience there.

The only people I really refuse to work for out of principals is open racists. Anything other than that, I don't care. I charge the same in materials for everyone, cost + 10% as the base, the amount I charge in labor depends on your lifestyle and attitude.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So if 5 are right wing nutjobs it can rule against a Gay marriage...
I only say this because personal beliefs should not come into the Justice system...

Or, 4 left wing nutjobs can rule against gay marriage, and just bribe or blackmail the fifth. Left wing nutjobs believe that people shouldn't have the right to choose things for themselves, so why would they let people choose who they want to marry?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18501855]corvuscorrax

Hey man whatever excuse you got to justify your disgust and hatred of people you don't agree with.

I don't think I have said anything hateful or expressed disgust. You are putting words in my mouth. I have said many times I don't care if gay marriage is legal as long as I don't have to be associated with it in any way.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I wish people would just "let it go".

Allow people to live as they wish, if they aren't violating anyone else's rights.

Simple.

No doubt.

After years of screaming their bedrooms is no ones else's business.

They turn around and MAKE it everyone's business.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join