It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Iranian Nuclear Plant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amkia

Here is a report from IRNA if you prefer.
www.irna.ir...

And if you can read it, here is the Saham report:
sahamnews.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
a reply to: amkia

Here is a report from IRNA if you prefer.
www.irna.ir...

And if you can read it, here is the Saham report:
sahamnews.org...

Right..

“Tehran, Oct 6, IRNA – Defense Industries Organization reported on Monday that fire broke out in an explosives producing factory in eastern Tehran Sunday evening.”

What about the nuclear facilities your post pointing at..? was ISNA.. now is IRNA..??.. what is next..?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I guess everything “east of Teheran” is nuclear facilities… the other site…!! What is it… blog or something..?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amkia
Right..

“Tehran, Oct 6, IRNA – Defense Industries Organization reported on Monday that fire broke out in an explosives producing factory in eastern Tehran Sunday evening.”

What about the nuclear facilities your post pointing at..? was ISNA.. now is IRNA..??.. what is next..?

Parchin is just south east of Terhran, which I am sure you know. There are also several explosive producing facilities within the PCM, which maybe you knew as well. It is also the site suspected of testing neutron initiators which the IAEA has been attempting to inspect.

The thread title reflects the headline of the article I cited, which I believe is the protocol here on ATS when referencing an article.

I'm not sure what your angle here is? :shrug: It is being carried in mainstream sites as well as the dastardly Israeli sources. I provided you with two links from organizations inside Iran. If you would like to hear something from a specific site before believing the story, feel free to search for whatever confirmation your heart desires, but try not to derail the thread with pointless objections until then.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Derailing..?

Derailing what exactly..?

The article you posted was from israeli lie agency pointing at news from ISNA, where there is nothing reported even remotely close to “explosions you’ve mentioned” let alone in nuclear facility like parchin .

Second you brought up two more sites… one was IRNA..(nothing there) and the other as bogus site non heard of before.

I have checked several other sites…. Nothing reported about this incident/accident/attack.. whatever.

Am I still derailing..?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Found a BBC link:
www.bbc.com...

The semi-official Iranian Students News Agency (Isna) said the fire was in an "explosive materials production unit".

A pro-opposition website reported a huge blast near the Parchin military site, south-east of the capital, but this was not confirmed.

Parchin has been linked to Iran's controversial nuclear programme.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has not been given access to the complex since 2005.

Analysts say the IAEA suspects Iran of experimenting with explosives capable of triggering a nuclear weapon at Parchin.

Iranian nuclear sites sure are accident prone, aren't they?

They are when you have people setting off explosives in them.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

CIA and Stuxnet...is my guess

I found this article amusing....hum... did I see that correctly?
"....
by the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS)..." lol
Am I the only one getting the 'whole' picture? smh

"The English language versions of news sites operated by the Iranian regime contain no reports of the explosion as of this afternoon."

Explosion at Iran Nuke Site Kills Two, Iran Says
freebeacon.com...

Site suspected of housing clandestine nuclear activities
In this satellite image supplied Friday Aug. 24, 2012, by the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS), showing what they say are buildings, seen here at centre and top, shrouded with a pink tarp to stop the U.N nuclear agency from monitoring Tehran's efforts to sanitize the site which they suspect was used for secret work on atomic weapons, in this photo dated Aug. 15, 2012, of the Parchin military complex southeast of Tehran, IranIn this satellite image supplied Friday Aug. 24, 2012, by the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS), showing what they say are buildings, seen here at centre and top, shrouded with a pink tarp to stop the U.N nuclear agency from monitoring Tehran's efforts to sanitize the site which they suspect was used for secret work on atomic weapons, in this photo dated Aug. 15, 2012, of the Parchin military complex southeast of Tehran, Iran / AP
BY: Adam Kredo

October 6, 2014 12:10 pm

A large explosion near a suspected nuclear site in Iran has reportedly killed two people and prompted speculation of sabotage at a military site long suspected of housing Tehran’s clandestine nuclear activities, according Iran’s Defense Industries Organization (DIO), which operates under the country’s Ministry of Defense.

One explosion rocked a production plant late Sunday night in east Tehran, near the Parchin nuclear site, according to Farsi language reports in Iran’s semi-official Fars News Agency.

The explosion at a facility referred to as a “production plant” caused a fire that killed two workers, according to Fars, which cited information provided by Iran’s DIO.

Fars first reported news of the explosion, claiming that it took place at an “explosive material factory” near Parchin.

Iranian opposition groups claimed a higher death toll than reported, with some claiming that “at least four military personnel were wounded” in the blast.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

Looks to me like game is set and in play.
Ya'll are just bricks in the wall playing your parts.

So, who's $$$$ maker?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

Stuxnet was targeted at the centrifuges.

It's possible that it was an unrelated accident, but I wouldn't bet against an outside agency having something to do with it. Unless there was a test scheduled or underway, I'd assume it targeted the "nuclear expert" mentioned. Details will leak out sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Zionist bastion Al Jezeera is now reporting on the incident:
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Iranian nuclear sites sure are accident prone, aren't they?

I saw an interesting program the other day about a computer virus called "stuxnet" that actively and specifically targets cooling fans in nuclear power plants, causing them to overheat and fail while still feeding the monitoring computers data that says they're fine.

The people who discovered stuxnet and found out what it did didn't know for sure where it came from, but had a pretty good idea.

(I should have read farther down. Ignore this post, or whatever.)

edit on 6-10-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yeah, that was pretty brilliantly engineered by all accounts. This was probably more crude, assuming it wasn't just an accident at a munitions plant.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Making the explosive lenses for a nuclear weapon means casting different speeds of explosive into molds.

This is done by melting and pouring the explosives.

Many explosives get unstable at melting temperatures.

A few degrees to hot and they go bang.

That does not make for a good day.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Possible popular causes in no particular order.

1.) Mossad
2.) Mossad, CIA
3.) Mossad, CIA, MI6

Unpopular causes but just as feasible

1.) Iranian False flag blamed on ISIS
2.) Indigenous Iranian resistance groups
3.) Iran's own dubious activities

With the thousands of times Netanyahu has mentioned destroying Iran's Nuclear Program, and all of that, I might say, just as feasible but...

Far more likely to be induced from the outside, just saying.

If Iran had talked about doing something to Israel even 1% as often, you would be bombing the hell out of them already.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My bad people, I should have not been smoking, in that area. I try harder next time.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CHinauser
My bad people, I should have not been smoking, in that area. I try harder next time.

Judging by your last two posts, I don't want to be the person at the airport in line behind you….
2nd
tet

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

that would probably be a wise move

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I'll have to trust that your description is accurate. To me, the real question is: why on earth would they warehouse explosives in a nuclear plant? For what reason? I don't think people are giving them enough credit - they've got to be smarter than that.

There are only two ways a nuclear plant can explode on its own: steam buildup or hydrogen explosion. Maybe they had a small hydrogen explosion and they don't want to admit that it happened, for fear of scaring the public. I mean, either of those scenarios will cause some degree of containment failure...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yoking

I don't think there is supposed to be a reactor on site. I believe there is a HE containment vessel at one site within the complex. This is where the initiator testing was alleged to have taken place.
As mentioned there are ordinance manufacturers and propellant producers within and near the complex as well. Lots of things to potentially go boom.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
New images out. Maybe amkia will like them.

Before and After

This is South of where the initiator testing may have taken place.

Satellite Imagery Shows Parchin Explosion Aftermath

Satellite imagery captured by Airbus Defence and Space on 7 October suggests an explosion did occur at one of the facility’s internal complexes. Comparisons with imagery from February and August 2014 indicate that two buildings were either completely destroyed in the incident or so badly damaged that they were razed the following day.

Several other structures up to 300 m away from the two destroyed buildings suffered varying degrees of damage, indicating an explosive event at one or both of the destroyed buildings resulted in material being projected through the air.

Most of the visible damage to the structures is minor and limited to their roofs, but some show signs of far more significant damage, suggesting chemicals or explosives detonated inside them as a result of the event. Mysteriously, a large building just to the east of the two destroyed structures appears undamaged.

Some of the debris thrown out by the explosion was probably removed from the surrounding area in the clear-up operation that was visibly under way when the satellite imagery was acquired at 11:15 (07:45 GMT) on 7 October.

The structures at the affected complex are not surrounded by the earth berms that are normally erected around facilities where munitions are being tested or stored to minimise the impact of any accidents.

The same issue was apparent at a facility near Bid Kaneh, where an explosion killed Major General Hassan Moqaddam, a leading figure in Iran’s missile programme, and several others on 11 November 2011.

edit on 9-10-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join