It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Flag of ISIS seen on top of building in Kobane, Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Black flag of ISIS can be seen from Turkey/Syrian border on top of building on outskirts of Kobane. Kurdish defenders have been defending for 3 weeks but does now seem to be falling to ISIS according to BBC news. Turkish forces are gathering on the border. Apparently Kurds saying airstrikes have had little impact on ISIS moving forward. Saying it needs ground troops. If this iscto happen it needs to be countries in the Middle East and Turkey who need to put feet on the ground. I for one think Britain, America and the West would be mad to go down this route as this buys into the Holy War that ISIS so obviously want.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens
This is inaccurate though I understand what you are saying and why. Our interests however extend beyond the ideological differences and are very much resource based. Boots Wil be on ground but selling the public is the hardest task, for some reason our leaders believe that morality is the best seller. When in actuality ethics and practicality reign supreme.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I would have thought these black flags would not be used anymore since the US/UK and some Arab countries started bombing runs...

Nice target markers they make.

If they were serious about all out defeating IS,our satellites and air forces would be on the look out for such flags,and bombing them as soon as they appear.

The one in question has been there for a good few hours by now,so maybe they are not as serious as they claim.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That's what I've been wondering...

People are assuming the beheadings are propaganda to start a boots on the ground retaliation...

I think the government would find it easier to false flag themselves into a war...

Maybe it's too difficult to plan and it'll take a couple years to pan out...
Maybe that's why they're bringing us new IS news every half an hour to fast forward action!

edit on 6-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Rest assured the Kurds are a force to be reckoned with. They're not out of this fight by a long shot. I personally agree the only 'Boots on the ground' should be of those countries where this ISIS infestation has taken place. Iraq, Syria etc. Coordinated airstrikes would be of much better affect if they were better coordinated with those boots already on the ground that are presently doing the fighting against this scourge known as ISIS, ISIL, Buttheads.

new topics

top topics

join