It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Orb appears during newscast - Montreal Quebec Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted yet:

One person has commented to say its a meteor:

As far as the orb itself goes, Science and Education Coordinator Sebastien Giguere with the Mont-Mégantic Observatory AstroLab concluded it was a “big” meteor. Well, yeah. Everyone watching the “tele” could conclude that much. However, Mr. Giguere was more scientific in his explanation of the meteor’s color when he explained that they physical composition of meteors is reflected in the color emitted when it strikes atmosphere. Given that the meteor initially displayed a bright green color, he assumed it was composed of magnesium. He also added that shooting stars occur daily. At least the entire incident made for some nice conversation.

I guess he means meteorite? Or he was misquoted? As it looks like it is on its way down to hit the Earth, but perhaps I'm wrong in my assertion and it was merely passing by...

If you follow the link there is a video of it. Working on posting a pic here.

Mysterious Green Orb Appears as Montreal Forecaster Reads the Weather Report
Montreal, Quebec, – The time was 10:27PM local time Thursday night at the TVA News station as climate forecaster Colette Provencher was delivering the weather report. She was being filmed atop the roof of the building with the city in the backdrop when a mysterious luminous orb suddenly came into focus in the background off to her right. In seconds, it grew in intensity as it traveled further down the skyline before vanishing into the horizon. Needless to say, the singularity of the event captured the attention of a number of viewers. As per TVA News, the color of the orb was initially bright green, but later turned to orange.

www.ecanadanow.com...
edit on 6-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Hey Boncho

Check out the possible link to "the green lady" Zaph says it's consistant

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Too bad its out of focus like the rest of the background. That why it appears "orbish".

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well... I am amazed that it did not turn night to day as it fell, if it did indeed have a high magnesium content. Also, I believe the shape, the orb shape, is an artefact of the way the scene was being shot. I would imagine that if a different focus range had been used, it might have appeared less circular.

Found a youtube video for it, claiming the bloody thing is a UFO.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Great post, incredible that the TV crew captured it. Montreal often has strange sky phenomena, glowing lights, etc. This one looks pretty solidly like a meteor though. It got recorded in the global meteor index, and they compiled articles with info on other sightings on the same evening.

Global Meteor News East Coast/Montreal Thurs. Oct 2

This is strange though, from the CBC article-

McGill's meteor expert, Pierre Hudon, says the ball of light could not have been a meteor because when a meteor flies through the sky, the entire sky lights up for several seconds.

CBC- Mystery of Montreal Light Deepens

Also, McGill is currently preparing for a symposium entitled "Are we Alone?" dealing with the extraterrestrial possibilities.

edit on 6-10-2014 by tAcAnAvAn because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by tAcAnAvAn because: source

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thats a bolide. We see it come in light up and "flash" at the end before burning out.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, I think you are correct there.

Nice spot!

It does aggravate me that the first place the person who made the video goes, is UFO.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I guess he means meteorite? Or he was misquoted? As it looks like it is on its way down to hit the Earth, but perhaps I'm wrong in my assertion and it was merely passing by...

I think if it hits Earth and survives the impact, then it becomes a meteorite. But no reports of it hitting the ground would make it a UFO/meteor/meteoroid.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've seen orbs before and they look exactly like that and the way it disapears makes me doubt this would be a meteorite of some sort.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: [post=18500043]intrptr[/post

It does aggravate me that the first place the person who made the video goes, is UFO.

Why does it aggravate you, it left no streak, appeared round with no tail and it did not light up the surrounding area. There is an argument for this being an unidentified flying object.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I've seen orbs before and they look exactly like that and the way it disapears makes me doubt this would be a meteorite of some sort.

First of all, I think it was a meteor, not a meteorite. Meteorites survive all the way to the ground. Meteors burn up in the atmosphere.

And Meteors do disappear when they burn up in the atmosphere. I've seen at least three relatively large meteors in my life that match the way this one looked (ignoring the fact that this one looked larger because it was out of focus). One of those was a similar green color.

I say "relatively large" because while it may have been larger than the common garden-variety "streak", it was small enough to look like a large point of light, rather than a larger fireball meteor. Those fireball meteors are the ones that light up the sky, and may even appear to break into pieces and leave streaks. Medium sized meteors such as this can often not leave trails, and just be balls of light.

Here is a similar-looking object, also almost certainly a meteor (although this one had a bit of a tail at the beginning, but that may have had something to do with being filmed through the car windshield/windscreen:

edit on 10/6/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Found a youtube video for it, claiming the bloody thing is a UFO.

Well, technically its unidentified as no one will be able to accurately describe what it is with such poor footage (as is the usually case for UFOs)

I am going to go with a flushed toilet from 35,000 ft, and the colour due to that blueish-green water in the airplane toilets, flying poop!

And I will not accept any contradiction to this theory. Please and thank you. Good day.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Not with the focus level being what it was, attuned to the foreground like that. Even if there had been a little streak, we never would have known about it using such focusing as was applied to the shot.

It aggravates me that this is the first place they go with it, because I want to be a part of the generation which discovers life on other worlds, not the generation which invents it anew every time some simple rock falls to earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The background is out of focus so much any singular light would be orb like. That's tricky if there had been no points of reference in the view, since it could look like a round body coming into view and gradually lit up by the surface lighting.
As a tip, night vision by default will do the same kind of thing for different reasons. Almost, if not all, any source of light in night vision will show up as a bright round ball, even the sliver of a crescent Moon will look light a bright full Moon.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hey all

opinions are surely mixed on what it is, but like mentioned above There are a number of people in the aviation thread that believe what we are looking at is a "black project craft" . The green hue may be from an "exotic fuel" required for "high speed travel"

here is a link to the end of the thread where others that have seen the craft agree ( you don't have to read 65 pages but highly recommended)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I watched and recorded 2 huge glowing ball above the volcano Katla, Web camera in Iceland. October 6, 2014
Perhaps this suggests that soon wakes up in Iceland volcano Katla and begin a new volcanic eruption in 2014.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have seen a green orb a long time ago, around 1975-6, in Goiania, Brazil. I was 10 years old and that sighting has been on my mind since then. Two friends who were standing beside me also saw it. It was a perfect green phosphorus sphere without any trail, sparkles, glow or sound. It had a slow descending diagonal trajectory until it disappeared behind the tree-line. It was a clear night with no clouds. The green ball was two times bigger than a full moon. It didn't look like ball lightnings or meteorites.

edit on 25-12-2017 by GreenOrb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join