It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's religious freedom ambassador blasts Putin on eve of Ukraine visit, Attacks Orthodoxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"Its official this guy has lost his marbles. And Harper keeps further on embarrassing Canada over all the World. "

Canada's religious freedom ambassador blasts Putin on eve of Ukraine visit

religious freedom ambassador, says Russian President Vladimir Putin is orchestrating the persecution of Orthodox Christians, Catholics and Muslim Tatars

An New Lie which has not being even proven unless your following John McCain or kiev post.

Russian forces have kidnapped priests, detained nuns, firebombed churches and intimidated worshippers, he says.

"It's a narrative drawn from the 19th century, not the Soviet period. This is a narrative building upon Russian nationalism that is rooted in Orthodoxy.

"In Putin's Russia, we're seeing again the using of these older constructs within Russian political society and Russian history to advance Russian aims." Bennett said he's hearing reports that Russians want all religious communities in Crimea to re-register as religious communities, as they do in Russia.

I am sure the religious freedom ambassador could explain why the catholic church has being persecuting Orthodoxy in Ukraine but of course he wont be.

According to him he has heard reports that Russians want all religious communities in Crimea to re-register as religious communities, yet no doubts that such claims have being coming out from both Harper/Petro Poroshenko. Its quite clear from this only western society truly hates Orthodoxy with a passion.

Read this line
carefully and noticed he switched back on the topic of Syria at the end.

>West Hates Orthodoxy>
"It's a narrative drawn from the 19th century, not the Soviet period. This is a narrative building upon Russian nationalism that is rooted in Orthodoxy.

Defending the Ottoman Turks and Catholics as expected in this line.

While that would target Muslim Tartars in Crimea, Bennett said it could be used against Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox groups, particularly the Kyivan Patriarchate in eastern Ukraine.

A little history over the Kyivan Patriachate.

The church originated in 1992 after as a result of a schism between the Moscow Patriarchate and its former locum tenens, Metropolitan of Kiev and all Ukraine Filaret, when Filaret chose to convert his former see (of which he was head for more than two decades) into a Ukrainian autocephalous church, initially within the legal framework of the Russian Orthodox Church. The majority of the Ukrainian bishops refused to support him, and forced him to resign his position. Undeterred, Filaret, with support of the President of Ukraine, Leonid Kravchuk, initiated a merger with the canonically-unrecognised Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. With the support of nationalist groups such as UNA-UNSO, the church fought for control over property. In response, almost all Ukrainian bishops called a sobor in Kharkiv, where they refused to follow Filaret, and ruled to defrock and anathemise him. However the union between the Western Ukrainian and diaspora clergy of the former UAOC and the now defrocked Russian Orthodox clergy who followed Filaret, became very fragile. And after the death of Patriarch Mstyslav in the summer of 1993, the union reached a breaking point causing the UAOC to terminate the union. After a brief leadership of Patriarch Volodomyr (Romaniuk), Filaret assumed the Patriarchal throne in autumn 1995.

Quite a peace loving bunch arent they? and only 14% of Ukrainians belong to Kyivan Patriachate.

On Syria

In the Middle East, Putin sees himself and Russia as defenders of Orthodox Christians in Syria and Iraq and has spoken out loudly against their persecution, said Bennett.

For Canada's so called religious freedom ambassador why does he have the rights to attack Putin whom has defended Orthodox Christians and other religious groups in Syria and Iraq while this sorry crackpot of a religious freedom ambassador has not even spoken out agaisnt the crimes committed towards the Orthodox Christians by the moderate rebel forces and other groups?

I see this as a double standard its clear as mentioned earlier Canada doesn't hate Putin doesn't matter whatever its Putin in Russia or not.

The Westren world wants to get rid of Orthodox Christians and they hate the Orthodox Christians with a deep running passion this was clear when they bombed Yugoslavia.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well all these rude put downs from the western leaders, etc. just emphasizes to me that amongst the world leaders, Putin must pack a big pair of white wings, because I already know they're all dark hats.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Being Putin is using the orthodox church as a back door to nationalism the criticism in the article are valid.

As for the rest of your diatribe please point out / link us to your source that supports your lie about the west wanting to "get rid of" orthodox Christians.

Are you ever going to take the time to refute information with facts and sources of your own? You have a bad habit of attacking articles / info and failing to support your position with how you arrived at your conclusions.

Secondly you really need to stop making claims and insinuating its somehow connected to the op source.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Being Putin is using the orthodox church as a back door to nationalism the criticism in the article are valid.

As for the rest of your diatribe please point out / link us to your source that supports your lie about the west wanting to "get rid of" orthodox Christians.

Are you ever going to take the time to refute information with facts and sources of your own? You have a bad habit of attacking articles / info and failing to support your position with how you arrived at your conclusions.

Secondly you really need to stop making claims and insinuating its somehow connected to the op source.

Being Putin is using the orthodox church as a back door to nationalism the criticism

Its clear that you arent enough familiar with the subject on topic which was about the discussion on the internet for a year now.
If you were a little familiar you wouldn't be making claims or claiming that Russian economy would fail its is the same opposite that Assad would fail in three months or what not.

Canada's religious freedom ambassador was not discussing that Putin is using the orthodox church as a back door but rather the opposite of it.

As the article and religious freedom ambassador pointed out.

This is an direct on Orthodoxy itself not Putin. Do you see P anywhere in that context?

Putin sees himself and Russia as defenders of Orthodox Christians in Syria and Iraq and has spoken out loudly against their persecution

The religious freedom ambassador is mainly complaining how Putin has not spoken in favor of Western Ukrankian Kyivan Patriachate.

They are bit different from the Orthodox Christians.

Like you have being making claims about Russia which arent even accurate?

Are you ever going to take the time to refute information with facts and sources of your own? You have a bad habit of attacking articles

Thats rather comical for someone whom has being attacking news outlets that arent westren news outlets nor they are al arabiya, i am quite recent you dont mind read articles from the Saudis State press owned al arabiya or Qataris state run al jazeera for that matter of fact.

When i see you attacking RussiaToday or Press TV i find it that rather comical for someone has being posting Russian topics based on using Yahoo and the same sources that were cheering for the Syrian rebel bunch whom are backed by the Gulf regime states.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Last time I was in Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan, there was no issue at all between the christians and muslims - it's a predominantly muslim state, not that you'd know it from the western dress style. But, as was explained to me, ALL the people whether christian or muslim declare themselves Tatars first and foremost and religion takes a back seat to that.

However, there have been events, assassinations and attempts, and bombings that, the people I spoke to, put down to outside agitators trying to stir up trouble, and they were not talking about Russian government forces!

Now who would benefit from stirring up trouble and distrust between these groups?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have never been embarrassed to be a Canadian, then the Harper regime started speaking on my behalf...

...Now I am miserable and embarrassed. The Canada that had the trust of almost every nation on earth is gone.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The only thing Putin has used to justify Russia taking Crimea back from the Ukraine is ethnic Russians.
He hasn't played the religion card. Why would he? It doesn't make sense, since the majority of Russians and majority of Ukrainians are BOTH Orthodox Christians.
This whole Ukraine mess is a case of a small band of Ukrainian fascists with Western backing. The whole reason they have western backing is because that's what the West does. It finds a group, or creates a group, that will play to it's tune and help carry out it's agenda. The whole point being to encircle Russia and cut down it's sphere of influence bit by bit.
There is no other country on earth besides a rising China if it ever meets it's full potential that can challenge American domination. And we already see the USA realigning military assets in the Pacific against China.
Not saying I agree or disagree, just stating the facts I see.

As for the OP article, claiming or implying Putin has orchastrated the kidnap of priests, nuns, ie Orthodox people, that's laughable.

He is a very religious him self. He often pays a pilgrimage to one of the most holiest of Orthodox places, Mount Athos.

Now when was the last time our own leaders in the west went on a religious pilgrimage?
Now ask your self why Putin is portrayed as the spawn of the devil, as the most evil leader on the planet? When he hasn't actually done anything to warrant that, whereas Obama has done more war mongering then anyone else since he came to office. I actually cant believe there are people in Australia who idolize him. I ask this one girl, so what's so great about Obama, why do you like him so much...she just says, just because..mind you she's a 27 year old lady. And that's her best and only answer.

And last I checked, it was the Ukrainians killing their own people in the self proclaimed breakaway republics.
Just hope for Ukraine's sake that they don't kill or injure Russian soldiers because Moscow will sen the tanks in then and it's all over for Ukraine's Western backed fascist adventure in the east.

What get's me is these people don't want to be part of the Ukraine any more. Just like the Albanians in Kosovo, who were a recognized terrorist organization(until it didn't suit the West to openly support a terror group so they were dropped from the lists). They were undertaking attacks in Kosovo against Serbs and others.
But the west backed them and they broke away from Serbia. Because it suited the West.
What most people don't know though is that it was for a strategic reason. It wasn't about human rights ethinc cleansing genocide etc. The ethnic cleansing started when the Albanians started attacking Serbs to drive them out. The same thing they did in FYROM a few years later, and that country still has problems with the Albanian minority which is up to no good.
The reason Kosovos independence was backed, the reason FYROM receives Western support even though it's pissed off a NATO member(Greece), the reason Bulgaria was brought into NATO, and to a lesser extent Croatia and Albania, was to secure and open up the trafficking routes used for drugs, guns, people. Many on this site have said that intelligence agencies are involved in these activities and use these activities to raise money for their off the books operations. Well, here you go.

You then go to Georgia, or Ukraine now. Why wont the West back the groups of peoples who want to break away from these two countries?
Because having those independent republics doesn't suit American/Western interests, it suits Russian interests.
Russia knows there's only one way to stop NATO's advance to it's borders. And that is with a war.
But neither side is prepared yet to start that direct war.
So what Russia is doing is using the Russian minorities in all these countries, to create new buffer states. The people there are obviously willing.
Crimea I think is the exception, because that area hosts a strategically important Russian military facility. And Russia would I believe go to war with anyone to keep it. That's why the West backed right off.

But these other regions of Ukraine, I think there's two or three of them that have declared independence, eventually Ukraine will push to far and Russia will directly intervene like it did in Georgia, and those self proclaimed republics will no longer be part of Ukraine.

I saw, I think it was on youtube, that these self proclaimed republics are busy trying to cut all connections to Ukraine. Physical things like electricity, gas, water.

Some of the power stations aren't even running at 20%, that means not enough electricity, no heating. Winter is coming.

When the fascists who've seized power in Ukraine shell and shoot at these people who are ethnic Russians, I think it's 100% correct for Russia to send in aid convoys and do what it can to help these people. Even if they weren't ethnic Russian's, someone should help these people.
And since the West wont lift a finger to help them, not even to stop the shelling of civilian areas, then someone else has to.

Mind you there's American military advisers on the ground in Ukraine. Why aren't they stopping the targeting of civilians?
Or maybe it's them whose orchestrating such things? We've all seen the American military's disregard for civilian life and casualties in other conflict zones.
Their pilots just drop their bombs where they are told to without any regard for what they are actually bombing.
Whereas, and this is one thing that makes me extremely proud of the Australian Defence Force, Aussie pilots wont drop their bombs if in their opinion the risk of civilian casualties is too high.

top topics

join