It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One man One guitar... it´s all what is needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
For a nice rhythm and neat song. 19 years old finnish guitar player performing his own music "Revolution". Thought to share as i found it quite amazing and catchy
Enjoy

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
He was great! Another guitarist to add to my list. He reminded me very much of these two guys.

Jon Gomm

The tuning trick is a fantastic sound, at first I was amazed how he to could tune it so well, in song. But he does it because his last two strings have banjo tuners.

Also add Thomas Leeb into your list of youtube subs. Kind of Tommy Emanuelesk in his playing with great percussion abilities as well like Jon Gomm.

And one more amazing cover of Comfortably Numb, unlike other covers, this one has his stamp of style and uniqueness all over and his baritone acoustic just sings away.
From around 1:50 on it is magical at times. Also very cool is the frame rate of the camera lets you watch the waves in the strings!

edit on 6-10-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Very nice find. It reminds me of Andy McKee. I wish I had skills like that.s&f

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The guy's right hand technique is out of control.
Green with envy.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I love gopro videos and POVs are amazing! He is very good.. Thank you for posting

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Very good.

I just had to put my favorite up, Thanks for sharing

Kool avatar

edit on 6-10-2014 by RayVon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Decent guitarists, but nothing amazing or innovative(no offense). There is an obvious Flamenco and Steve Vai influence. The tuning thing I've seen a lot in old mountain music. Gun slinger Junior Brown done it in his song: Highway Patrol and a few others. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Decent guitarists, but nothing amazing or innovative(no offense).

Try this Badby on for size.. The last part of this song is mind blowing.

Ukulele weeps by Jake Shimabukuro: youtu.be...

Sorry if embed didn't work

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123
I dig that. It's awesome.
I went through a ton of vid's a while back and watched some amazing players, some were kids.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
how 'bout one woman?

edit on 12-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
double post. so here is a random pick...

edit on 12-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well I have to tell you I finally got around to putting some headphones on and really giving this a go. That was nice.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Can Anybody Suggest Me Which Guitar I Should Select?

My teenage cousin is planning to learn guitar, and I am still thinking to buy her a Fretlight guitar (www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415835810&sr=8-1&keywords=fretlight) but I've heard that Rocksmith method (www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1_twi_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415835904&sr=8-1&keywords=rocksmith) is better than the former. Has anybody some experiences with any of them?

edit on 22-11-2014 by allguitar101 because: I've given the source where I choosed the instrument.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: allguitar101

Howdy!
Well, the second guitar you linked to had this to say

Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 2.4 x 7.7 inches ; 12.8 ounces

So, that makes it a verrrrrry tiny guitar!
What that actually is is a software package that has a "box" that you plug a guitar into. It doesn't actually have a guitar in that pack. However, there are rocksmith packs that do include the guitar, and from what I hear they are not all that bad. Cheap, but not completely terrible.

Never seen the other guitar before, but it is basically a 'strat'.

But this is for learning I can see. Hmmm. Well, I can give you this advice (you might not like it, especially if it's for a birthday). Back take your teenage cousin with you to the guitar store for a number of reasons.

1. Learning guitar takes a lot of practice, and as good as 'book/dvd/game' lessons sound, there is really no substitute for a proper teacher, even if its only once a month just to make sure you don't get into any bad habits.
2. No matter what guitar you choose, they all do pretty much the same thing. Yeah, as you pay more they get better (to a certain point anyway), but they still all do the same thing. And as a beginner it will sound like crap, it takes years of skill to make one sound good, and if you've picked the red guitar and it turns out he/she hates red, well there is less chance he/she will pick it up and keep practicing.
3. Let them choose the guitar they want (to a certain price obviously), but if they love the look of it, they will keep picking it up because it' looks so darn cool!
4. What are you going to plug it into? The Rocksmith 'pack' (either with your own guitar, which is the pack you choose, or the one with the guitar) will plug into a computer and then use whatever speakers you have. That can work fine, or you can add a sound card that has guitar inputs and run other software, but that gets pricey and complicated fast.
5. The other way is an amp. A proper guitar amp. There are cheap Fender Strat packs that have a guitar and amp in a reasonable beginners kit (not the light up type though, which although useful to learn perhaps will look incredibly daggy to anyone else who plays guitar, especially other teens in his/her peer group. (Although it may be good if they are perhaps physically or mentally challenged or very young).
6. Arrange some lessons. Someone who will show a couple of jams and solo's and make his/her guitar 'sound' awesome. It will show him that the instrument is capable, so long as he keeps at it.
7. Lessons aint cheap though, my daughter is having her's every three weeks now, but she has fun with the guy. She picks a song and they work it out together, he gets her ear training working and writing out the tab. And because she picks the songs it keeps her motivated. She has the concentration of a band-aid so that keeps her motivated, scales just got put to the side... So try and find a teacher who will be willing to try different methods.
8. Consider second hand stuff?
9. Ok, that will do for starters! But, in short, let them choose it in the store, let them hold it to know what feels best in their hands. They dont have to be able to play anything, but just ask the store guy the way to hold it and see if he/she finds it comfortable in the hands. For a beginner, I'll put looks and comfort before pretty much anything else, because most of the super cheap chinese stuff these days is honestly not that bad, and fine enough to start out on. But make sure it makes them feel 'badas5' when they hold it.

Hope that all helps!

edit: The rocksmith bundle that has the guitar is this one (pc/xbox/ps versions are available)
Rocksmith Guitar They are a fun way to get into it as long as you like the songs on offer... I think I'd be lucky to like 3, but if he enjoys gaming it might be a good step. But these bundles are like $800, and you can get the basic version and add your own $200 guitar if you want.
edit on 23-11-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit 2
Some great advice from these following guys. Keep in mind that you need to spend probably $5-700 for a really decent sounding rig, but these packs are a good starting point. Probably much cheaper from a US store.
Rob (Some like him, some hate him, but he has lots of good advice) Chapman.

About the Fender packs.

edit on 23-11-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

top topics

join