It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe as the Art of a Master Artist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So yeah what started as some attempt to use metaphysics to comment on science I ended up just designing a view of the universe as a work of art by a master artist. This is how I know I should have been sleeping a while ago. I'm sure this is full of holes and nonsensical but I felt like deleting it would be pointless since I know there's a big market for speculative metaphysics/religion here. Maybe people who spend more time thinking about these things can refine it. Maybe I'm so tired I figured it all out but after re reading it it sounds like gibberish to me. You be the judge since I'm brain dead apparently.

Our sun and all other stars are just angels. God created them as one of his primary tools in the art of creation. Various observed functions of stars occur as dictated by God since the entire universe is his canvas. They are one of his best tools as they have sentience to enact his general plans on autopilot but lack free will to resist when God requires more intimate manual control.

They can not only add to his canvas (the most common desire of God or any artist) through their various pseudo biological functions but also have various functions which can alter or destroy material already in that section of his divine canvas.

They can also be commanded or programmed to self destruct in the case that God becomes utterly dissatisfied with part of his work and deems it unsalvageable. The self destruction leaves what we call a black hole (actually an angel corpse) quickly destroying the intended area. They are also designed to continue gradually destroying after the angels death. This reorders that particular section of the universe randomly so that when God brings his attention back he not only has an area of fresh canvas but finds inspiration from the altered areas at the edge of the black holes. He can dispose of the corpse or even revive it if he so chooses. Each angel is slightly different as a degree of chaos is inherently necessary for any quality art. The way he designed his favorite tool makes it his most effective because as the ultimate artist God realizes that a good tool should become part of the art and have the ability to affect the art independent of the exact desires of the artist.

The difficulty of humans in perceiving Gods great artwork lies in having the same principles underlying them as angels. They have sentience without free will but the programming is designed to be more chaotic than angels who by and large follow a strict program. Deviation from assigned goals is built in to all of God's tools. Things which we call living, are tools primarily designed to randomize on the small scale. Direct intervention on the extreme micro is possible but requires too much focus to be worth it in most cases. Having tools for his art that constantly shift themselves and each other in various ways keeps the great artwork of God from ever being boring or uninspired. He truly is the ultimate artist and both angels and humans are designed in his image as are all living things and inanimate objects. All of existence we can perceive is directly involved in its own creation or destruction. The only universal unchanging self defining force is the artist itself. Everything else is fluid and without true definition as God can alter anything at any time. Death and life are meaningless as both are just phases or states.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Anyone who rejects free will has missed something fundamental about everything that is true.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

If you compare the doodlings of an infant to the master work of a true-to-life painter, you can see how far we have to go with our own science in it's attempt to create a functioning model of the universe.

edit on 7-10-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

join