It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson flash mob disrupts St. Louis symphony with Michael Brown requiem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But that is how protests work, you do don't do it when it is convenient for other people, you do it where you will get attention to get your voice heard.
It was a couple minute delay, I'm sure the show went on right after.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Two people causing a disturbance/protesting is considered a flash mob?

A little dramatic, CNN?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Two people causing a disturbance/protesting is considered a flash mob?

A little dramatic, CNN?

You didn't watch the video? 3 signs with 2 people on each and at least 6-10 more people singing and then chanting. So between 12-16 people did indeed successfully interrupt the crowd with there protests. I agree with them moving out of Ferguson especially into wealthy areas. They should flash mob other areas to cause more dis comfort!

2 people really? Why the need to be untruthful?
edit on 6-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Well, I admit that I did not watch the video (I'm at work) and I only read what was posted in the OP:

two audience members stood up and began singing an old protest song -- modified for a new cause.

I should have clicked the link and read the rest of the story. My apologies.

I was not trying to be untruthful whatsoever. You should know me better than that.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good for them. We need more protests like this. It was effective and proof is that we're discussing it here. It made national news.

Puts things in perspective. Murder by cop is a much more important issue, than a concert.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Protests are all about getting your voice heard. Mission accomplished. People that cry about there being a time and place for protests are funny. Bogus laws like "free speech zones", and applying for permission to protest makes things like this a necessity. Protests were always about disruption and making it impossible to ignore the voice of the people.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I fear I should have clarified that statement and figured I should have right after I posted, but was too lazy to do so.

I don't think anyone in that room should have to explain any signs they let on when this occurred. Not the disgust, nor anything else. What I meant by saying she would have to defend it, is that we all know the race baiters out there will say that anyone in that room that was not standing and applauding the whole display/interruption will likely be called out in some form or fashion.

Had I paid money for a show, my face would have likely shown more disgust than her's had it been interrupted/railroaded for any reason other than a bomb threat or fire. But mark my words, if this video makes late night tv, she will be called out for "the face". I do hope that she won't feel the need to make the circuit claiming she isn't racist afterwards.

That was what I meant about her having to explain. And if anyone is honest with themselves, they know that I am right and that it would not be out of the ordinary for it to happen.

I would hope that my history here would show that I think anybody has the right to say or feel anything they want without fear of what they will be called or accused of when they do so.

edit on 10/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Am I correct in thinking that the majority position here is that the protest was appropriate and useful, but was marred by a comment, interpreted as racist, at the end?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh to hell with them. If I was in there to listen to good music I paid a pretty penny for seats to, I'd be more than just a disgusted face. I'd be the woman walking out, flipping them off with both hands, while thanking them for wasting my time & money to make themselves feel important. No, really, I would in a heartbeat. What they did is just rude beyond all doubt. Patrons aside, how would you like it as a performer if you were interrupted like this? Yeah, no one would appreciate that, and I doubt it would get anyone to listen.

Bleep these people, this was ill-thought & inconsiderate.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Oh to hell with them. If I was in there to listen to good music I paid a pretty penny for seats to, I'd be more than just a disgusted face. I'd be the woman walking out, flipping them off with both hands, while thanking them for wasting my time & money to make themselves feel important. No, really, I would in a heartbeat. What they did is just rude beyond all doubt. Patrons aside, how would you like it as a performer if you were interrupted like this? Yeah, no one would appreciate that, and I doubt it would get anyone to listen.

Bleep these people, this was ill-thought & inconsiderate.

Calling for justice for all is that offending to you?

<< 1   >>

join