It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson flash mob disrupts St. Louis symphony with Michael Brown requiem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
In a act of civil disobedience a flash mob interrupted the St. Louis symphony.

"Justice for Mike Brown is justice for us all,

Which side are you on friend? Which side are you on?"

The protests continue.

(CNN) -- It was a protest of an altogether different sort.

Rather than take to the streets of Ferguson, these demonstrators took their demands to the seats of the symphony.

As the St. Louis Symphony returned from intermission Saturday night and readied to launch into Brahms' 'Ein deutsches Requiem' (A German Requiem), two audience members stood up and began singing an old protest song -- modified for a new cause.

CNN

The video is going viral:

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't understand how disrupting a symphony will change the speed at which the grand jury operates.

Or do they want a different kind of justice?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

They want a different kind.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I understand that these folks want justice for Mike Brown but it is a real shame that the focal point has to be him rather than the true issue at hand - the oppression of fundamental rights and freedoms by an increasingly totalitarian police state. It is not about one person or one group of people it is about tyranny, and rather than people see that and be brought together by it, this issue is being used to further segregate the citizenry.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That ladies face at the 1:20 mark, priceless.

It was kinda catchy, I think they could of done with out the end tho, people are just going to focus on that and accuse it of race baiting.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

That ladies face at the 1:20 mark, priceless.

It was kinda catchy, I think they could of done with out the end tho, people are just going to focus on that and accuse it of race baiting.

She was completely disgusted, hard to hide that.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Absolutely brilliant now this is how protest should be, controlled well planned and disruptive yet peaceful well done.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

That disgusted woman did more for their viral video than anything. I frankly didn't really get the song at all and most likely not many did. The shouting black lives at the end definitely detracted from the message. The main thing they had going was that they weren't chanting it marching. I thought just the music and banners got the point across well enough. The disgusted women, scattered applause and mostly confused guests sent the biggest message though IMO.

They represent the attitudes of white people about blacks Most white people are not full on racist but don't particularly care about black people either (the confused). Some white people are totally racist and find any suggestion that they should care or empathize to be an inconvenience at best and oppression of whites at worst (disgusted). Some white people do care about blacks genuinely (the applauders). Only the tiniest smidgen of white people actually are willing to work to actually help blacks (the singers). All white people like to avoid conflict or danger regardless of their views (wow that audience was white). I'd be more impressed by seeing crowds of white protesters supporting black protesters though. Mixed success overall for this video imo.

Also I'm aware I'm overgeneralizing. When I say whites in this post I'm talking middle and upper class stereotypes.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

If I went to hear Ein deutsches Requiem and people were interrupting it, I would probably not have a pleased expression either.

Has absolutely nothing to do with my race or bank account.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I would imagine most, if not all, of the people there had nothing to do with his death. What would you expect from a group that has already stated he must be found guilty or they will be going on a rampage.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I would imagine most, if not all, of the people there had nothing to do with his death. What would you expect from a group that has already stated he must be found guilty or they will be going on a rampage.

Didn't people say the same thing about Zimmerman?

I don't necessarily approve of the whole Micheal Brown being the center of attention, I'm much more outraged by the actions of the police during peaceful protests. If we can't trust the police towards groups of people can we trust them against one?

Then again the majority of witnesses say he had his hands up and was killed in the street.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
There was also the baseball game.

Just seems to me that becoming a giant commercial and bothering people doesn't help the cause. Now picketing the police picnic would be worthy but that would also surely end up in arrest.

I still can't forget the idea that the majority of citizens are too lazy to vote and then complain about who is elected.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I don't understand how disrupting a symphony will change the speed at which the grand jury operates.

Or do they want a different kind of justice?

I think it is the types of people in attendance they are trying to get their message across to. Its a shame that the person they are going to town for was a the type of person he was though, because no matter whether or not the shooting was wrong, the fact that he had a history and had only just a short time before pushed around someone and intimidated them, the same people in that audience are going to see that image and wonder what they'd rather deal with. And it's probably an interrupted orchestra and a dead hoodlum, than it is the thought of a live hoodlum and a cop that asks questions before shooting.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
All life matters and the last part could have been left out IMO. All life is suffering under the thumb of these LEO's that have decided to act like they are involved in some sort of guerrilla warfare.

I'm with Sremmons as well.... That woman's face was hilarious. Since the video has gone viral she will spend the next two weeks trying to defend why she looked so utterly disgusted and not just confused.

Some of them in there reminded me of the rich people that frequent some of the stores I shop in (very rarely) when they see my tattoos... Kind of like somebody came in with dog shiite on their shoe.

edit on 10/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Extreme liberalism is a plague. None of these idiots were even there when the shooting took place and noone has even had a day in court yet. The woman has a right to be disgusted. Try and have a peaceful night out, and here comes the ideologically challenged to admonish people about 'which side are you on?' There's a time and place for this sort of thing. Imagine if I came into a church with 'Jesus was a myth! Which side are you on?' chants and singing? You can't fix stupid, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I feel bad for the jurors because they only have one way to go in this regardless of the facts or they wil.get ripped apart by the media and the community.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
That woman's face was hilarious. Since the video has gone viral she will spend the next two weeks trying to defend why she looked so utterly disgusted and not just confused.

Why shouldn't she be disgusted? She had nothing to do with the shooting and she (or her date) spent good money for a nice night out to see an orchestra but instead got a protest shoved at them instead.

And a protest about what, exactly? The investigation is ongoing. What exactly were the protesters protesting and what did they expect to happen? Did they want mob justice or something?

She has nothing to defend.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'd be mad to if someone disturbed my evening out. None of these people had anything to do with what went down. Why try and start trouble with them? I guess no one will live in peace until the cop is destroyed, innocent or not. It should work both ways; If the Mike Brown supporters keep disrupting people then I imagine people will start disrupting their gatherings and what not.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"Try and have a peaceful night out"

Why, is it some kind of cabin fever to be held-up in your ivory towers while havoc reigns on the city streets below you?

If that kind of policy enforcement was going-down in my neighborhood, you think I'd bolt-it to the nearest theater-

Music sooths the savage beast in all of us...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join