It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If it is not Ebola?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Thanks for your comment. Could you explain what "personalized immunoglobin" is? I tried to do a Search, and couldn't locate anything.

But here's an article backing up what I'd said about Vitamin C:

drrimatruthreports.com...
EASIEST WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY AGAINST PANDEMIC FLUs - VITAMIN C
Humans cannot make Vitamin C but we need it for a great many vital processes including immune function and vascular integrity. Birds (or humans if the virus mutates spontaneously – or is mutated in a lab) die because the H5N1 virus depletes Vitamin C stores so quickly that the cause of death is fulminate scurvy."

You can also scroll down to why this doctor recommends AGAINST Tamiflu and FluMist.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I haven't read all the replies so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. It seems a year or so back or sooner, there was some brief news report of some vials of viruses or some kind of testing items that came up missing from a facility in Texas. I can't remember exactly the circumstances but will try to find it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
I haven't read all the replies so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. It seems a year or so back or sooner, there was some brief news report of some vials of viruses or some kind of testing items that came up missing from a facility in Texas. I can't remember exactly the circumstances but will try to find it.

They lost one of five vials of Guanarito virus that is apparently from Venezuela. Apparently they weren't too worried about it because it's not like losing a vial of Anthrax or something. Because it's usually only spread between rodents in Venezuela.
abcnews.go.com...
But like the plague, I would assume that if you came into contact with the rodents urine, or if it bit you, you'd probably catch it.

Guanarito Virus causes Venezuelan Hemorrhagic Fever. There is no cure, but once someone's been infected Ribavirin can be given to treat it.
en.wikipedia.org...

It's apparently unknown that if it could live in rodents in the U.S. However, we all know that it doesn't take our rodents to infect someone. All it takes is someone from Venezuela to by accident pack a rat, or a few rats into their luggage and take an extended vacation here. It's also apparently not spread from person to person. www.medicinenet.com...

Symptoms are: Malaise, fever, convulsions, muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and hemorrhaging.
www.rightdiagnosis.com...

And death occurs in roughly a third of patients.
www.rightdiagnosis.com...

I wouldn't be too worried about this one unless they find a way to make it spread from person to person.
Which I assume probably could happen.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Immunoglobin boosts immune function and should be 'immune compatible' aka 'personalized' - but I was being sarcastic. ....I am very well aware of Vitamin C's attributes (even was privileged to attend a Conference on the Virus headlined by Pauling back in the '70's). That said, my one caution re Ebola and other diseases that kill with a cytokine storm - do NOT boost cytokine production after disease is symptomatic (it will for sure trigger a cytokine storm and kill you). (Note: Does not apply to Vitamin C.)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I have read mostly studies. There is an article about pigs that possibly spread Zaire strain via air to primates. it's not completely verified because they said there is a miniscule chance it was carried be foamites or spread during cleaning, but most evidence (infections in the lungs of the monkeys) leads to airborne. The concern/ theory is that pigs may have some kind of physiological abnormality that allows them to spread the disease via the air. THey don't know why, but they think something about pigs.. it's very bizarre.

You should read up on it. Something unknown about pigs may allow them to spread it airborne. It's very strange concept.

You can look it up on google. It's very interesting.. and a bit unnerving.

Linko 1 - many more if you google

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

Then why say it is something else or could be when we know it is Ebola?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. What do you think of this strange "convalescent plasma" some are pushing?

seattletimes.com...
USE OF EBOLA SURVIVORS' BLOOD PLASMA FOR TREATMENT GAINS SUPPORT
"The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Wellcome Trust are among the organizations championing convalescent plasma and working on how to put it into effect.

"A better approach, experts say, would be to transfuse only plasma, the clear part of the blood that contains the antibodies. Plasma can be obtained by letting the blood cells settle and drawing off the plasma. Even better would be to use apheresis machines, which collect only the plasma from the donor. Experts say it would be feasible to bring in such machines for use in the better-equipped treatment centers in West Africa.

"One challenge could be testing donated blood to make sure it is truly free of Ebola virus, as well as of HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C and syphilis."

With Africa still a hotbed of HIV/AIDS, and a poor infrastructure to run and maintain cutting-edge medical treatments and machinery, this sounds like another medical disaster in the making. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hi ripcontrol-well i am IMPRESSED with how well Firestone has managed the ebola threat! Maybe They should be running the CDC:-) seriously though,thank you for that link,i had no idea.This is very encouraging,and i wish them the very best of luck in their enterprise in future.Though it seems that luck is not needed,as with prudence and a common sense approach they have indeed reached a noteworthy and admirable achievement,and trumped governments at containing the spread of ebola in the territory under their management.

Here's a link as to Russia's pro-active approach to the ebola threat:
www.modernghana.com...

Also they are working on a vaccine:

www.themoscowtimes.com...
(i assume the Moscow Times are still allowed as source,unless any+every source originating in the geographical location of Russia is being censored on ATS,and i managed to miss the memo?)

As to the feelings for Russia in the hearts of citizens of the satellite states,i cannot personally say,as what i have heard and read comes from tourists from the Russian federation,and i was brought up on the novels by Heinz Konsalik,set in Russia.From a very young age,age 8 or 9,i was reading Konsalik,translated into my other language,Afrikaans,which is a most descriptive,"emotional" language,able to express feeling and nuance better than English-and i was so deeply impressed with the Russians almost primal-level love for their motherland that it has made a lifelong impression.In my other language,one could get a deeper glimpse into the Russian national psyche at that time,and although much water had gone under the bridge since the 70's,i suspect that in general,not much has changed as regards Russians love for Mama Russka.

I have a dearly beloved young friend in the Ukraine,in Kharkov,but the family suffered a horrible tragedy recently when her father died after falling off his horse and suffering a catastrophic head injury-so i will not be asking her about her or her family's feelings towards Russia at the moment,my comms with her is exclusively to console right now.Another thing,love for the motherland must not automatically be assumed to be blind and unthinking acceptance of the actions of the government of one's country-especially in recent times-here is a link to an article i found interesting,for a more modern perspective,though the deep love for the motherland is still ingrained,Russians in general also know that their government is not necessarily perfect and bears watching,as any sensible person/people would :

www.nytimes.com...

As to whether this outbreak is a natural mechanism of self-correction by natural forces,i cannot say-and even if this Ebola outbreak is an entirely natural phenomenon,not augmented in the least by scientific interference,though patently aided and abetted by idiocy and/or an evil agenda-well in the end,Earth IS our ultimate mother,but also our overlord.

A fact modern society has forgotten.No matter what,Mother Nature holds all the trump cards,in the end.Whatever martial abilities,whatever arsenals of destruction mankind has amassed,whether they be nuclear,biological/chemical..our governments,those of some countries,anyway,have gained the capability to end us all,to wipe the human race off the face of Earth,and do her grievous damage in the process.BUT Earth shall abide,and she shall recover-to quote from "Jurassic Park" -Life found a way.She shall find a way.Whether that is with or without us,only time will tell.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

What do you think of this strange "convalescent plasma" some are pushing?

That sort of method was used prior to the mass production of synthetic vaccines. Seems they're going back to it in desperation because either a) a successful vaccine has not been created yet, or b) mass production is not yet possible. The main danger with plasma probably is immune compatibility. Can't really comment until we have more info on how they're handling the compatibility issue.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. But if this form of Ebola had mutated heavily, how effective would "convalescent plasma" be for survivors who had a different strain? (The article I linked to said monkey studies had not been that great.)

www.washingtonpost.com... 3_story.html
(Aug. 2014) EBOLA VIRUS HAS MUTATED DURING COURSE OF OUTBREAK
"Thursday’s study also details hundreds of genetic mutations that make the current Ebola outbreak different from any in the past. Some of those changes have the potential to affect the accuracy of diagnostic tests or the effectiveness of vaccines and treatments under development for the disease."

Would a created/weaponized virus like Marburg also mutate?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: raytheo

So what is that number when the planet has 9 billion right now?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.cdc.gov... infection history
www.thegatewaypundit.com... possibly airborne
www.washingtonpost.com... l?tid=trending_strip_4 Spreading exponentially by january 1.4 million will be infected or dead by this.

The virus usually burns itself out 13 years ago it killed 425 people. Then disappeared. Previously it only killed 200 to 300 then died out. so Now we have in this current event over 10x the people infected compared to the last large event.
If this is not a big deal then why would anyone work on a cure for a disease that only killed 425 people in its last major outbreak? There is no money in curing a disease that only affects 425 people. But now that there is a cure that sort of works we have this major outbreak that has killed 10x its previous run.

If the disease continues to ramp up and hits the 1.4 Million mark I'm pretty sure it will never die out. Every time it infects a new person it mutates. It can pretty much become more efficient by perhaps not killing as fast and being airborne spread.

www.motherjones.com...
The people that are infected and survive are still infectious for a long time. "Research into past outbreaks shows that the semen of survivors may carry the virus for weeks, or even months, after they recover.
For instance, a 1977 study of an outbreak in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo found Ebola in the semen of one survivor 61 days after the onset of his disease. And a 1999 study found the virus in an Ebola survivor's semen 82 days after he first became ill. That study recommended that survivors use condoms for "at least" three months after contracting the disease."

"Semen may not be the only bodily fluid through which a patient recovering from Ebola could pass on the disease. In 2000, researchers tested the fluids of a female Ebola survivor whose blood was already clear of the virus. Fifteen days after first falling ill, Ebola was still found in the woman's breast milk. Her child eventually died of Ebola, though the researchers could not be certain the child got sick from feeding."

I ask you where are they going to put all these survivors for 90 days after being infected. They are still contagious.
www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Dear sir you are well read and can think..

I do not want to directly call them liars, the tag fits..

take the post connected with the link in your post above me

When news broke that the Ebola virus had resurfaced in Uganda, investigators in Canada were making headlines of their own with research indicating the deadly virus may spread between species, through the air.

The team, comprised of researchers from the National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease, the University of Manitoba, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, observed transmission of Ebola from pigs to monkeys. They first inoculated a number of piglets with the Zaire strain of the Ebola virus. Ebola-Zaire is the deadliest strain, with mortality rates up to 90 percent. The piglets were then placed in a room with four cynomolgus macaques, a species of monkey commonly used in laboratories. The animals were separated by wire cages to prevent direct contact between the species.

Within a few days, the inoculated piglets showed clinical signs of infection indicative of Ebola infection. In pigs, Ebola generally causes respiratory illness and increased temperature. Nine days after infection, all piglets appeared to have recovered from the disease.

Within eight days of exposure, two of the four monkeys showed signs of Ebola infection. Four days later, the remaining two monkeys were sick too. It is possible that the first two monkeys infected the other two, but transmission between non-human primates has never before been observed in a lab setting.

While the study provided evidence that transmission of Ebola between species is possible, researchers still cannot say for certain how that transmission actually occurred. There are three likely candidates for the route of transmission: airborne, droplet, or fomites.

Airborne and droplet transmission both technically travel through the air to infect others; the difference lies in the size of the infective particles. Smaller droplets persist in the air longer and are able to travel farther- these droplets are truly “airborne.” Larger droplets can neither travel as far nor persist for very long. Fomites are inanimate objects that can transmit disease if they are contaminated with infectious agents. In this study, a monkey’s cage could have been contaminated when workers were cleaning a nearby pig cage. If the monkey touched the contaminated cage surface and then its mouth or eyes, it could have been infected.

Author Dr. Gary Kobinger suspects that the virus is transmitted through droplets, not fomites, because evidence of infection in the lungs of the monkeys indicated that the virus was inhaled.

What do these findings mean? First and foremost, Ebola is not suddenly an airborne disease. As expert commentators at ProMED stated, the experiments “demonstrate the susceptibility of pigs to Zaire Ebolavirus and that the virus from infected pigs can be transmitted to macaques under experimental conditions… they fall short of establishing that this is a normal route of transmission in the natural environment.” Furthermore, because human Ebola outbreaks have historically been locally contained, it is unlikely that Ebola can spread between humans via airborne transmission.

However, the study does raise the possibility that pigs are a host for Ebola. If this proves to be true in the wild, there are direct ramifications for prevention and control measures. It is still unclear what role pigs play in the chain of transmission. To continue work on answering this question, the team plans to take samples from pigs in areas known to have recently experienced Ebola outbreaks.

The Disease Daily has previously reported on Dr. Kobinger’s work on the Ebola vaccine.

This is NOT supposed to be possible according to the CDC.. it is NOT airborne

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

BREAKING: Formaldeyde In Water Allegedly Causing Ebola-Like Symptoms
A man in Schieffelin, a community located in Margibi County on the Robertsfield Highway, has been arrested for attempting to put formaldehyde into a well used by the community.
Reports say around 10 a.m., he approached the well with powder in a bottle. Mobbed by the community, he confessed that he had been paid to put formaldeyde into the well, and that he was not the only one. He reportedly told community dwellers, “We are many.” There are are agents in Harbel, Dolostown, Cotton Tree and other communities around the ountry, he said.
State radio, ELBC, reports that least 10 people in the Dolostown community have died after drinking water from poisoned wells.
The man also alleged that some water companies, particularly those bagging mineral water to sell, are also involved. The poison, he said, produces Ebola-like symptoms and subsequently kills people.
The Observer had previously been informed that people dressed as nurses were going into communities with 'Ebola Vaccines'. Once injected, it reportedly produces Ebola-like symptoms and sends victims into a coma. Shortly thereafter, victims expire. Communities are now reportedly chasing vaccine peddlers out of their communities. After 10 children reportedly died from the 'vaccine' in Bensonville, the peddlers were reportedly chased out of the community upon their next visit.
It is possible that the 'vaccine' is/was composed of the same formaldehyde-water mixture. This publication has received reports from families whose loved ones' organs were missing upon return of the bodies to the families. Families suspect an organ trafficking operation is capitalizing on the outbreak of the Ebola virus in Liberia.
The district's representative condemned the act as barbaric, but called upon Liberians not to doubt the existence of the Ebola virus in the country.
An investigation is ongoing.

Source: Liberian Observer

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Let's hope this proves that the medical field is beginning to distinguish between Ebola and Marburg:

www.foxnews.com...#
(Oct. 2014) OUTBREAK OF EBOLA-LIKE MARBURG FEVER KILLS MAN IN UGANDA
"A man has died in Uganda's capital after an outbreak of Marburg, a highly infectious hemorrhagic fever similar to Ebola, authorities said on Sunday, adding that a total of 80 people who came into contact with him were quarantined.

"Marburg starts with a severe headache followed by hemorrhaging and leads to death in 80 percent or more of cases in about nine days. It is from the same family of viruses as Ebola, which has killed thousands in West Africa in recent months.

"There is no vaccine or specific treatment for the Marburg virus, which is transmitted through bodily fluids such as saliva and blood or by handling infected wild animals such as monkeys."

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join