It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The World Is Warming Faster Than We Thought"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The confusion is a big part of the orchestra.

Eventually the public simply gets so disheartened not knowing whats fact vs fiction. Especially when you have thousands of "Authorities" saying different things every week, month, year, decade.

*Red Meat and Egg Yoke used to be good for me*

Ultimately the intentional destabilization of Western Civilization is a battle of the mind. Eventually the majority will simply give up and want something different via our established institutions. The sad part is the same people will be there waiting to give us all the answers.

edit on 7-10-2014 by 131415 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I belive they worming.
you could ride a horese and caridge on the river thaems for one mouth on the ice.
not ice at all now.

but I think US is scaming the world for Tax on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

so make up your mind, do they provide the raw data, or did they delete the raw data and only provide the changed, contrived data...

The arguments for AGW get more ridiculous all the time.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

you beat me to it.

this just goes to show that warmers will go to great lengths to prove their views.
when you take someones paper that says something totally different from what you want it to say and claim it supports your position, how dishonest is that.

edit on 7-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the Sun has dimmed. the heliosphere has shrunk
and solar activity sun spots etc are on track to be the lowest
in 10,000 years . whatever side you're on the Sun could not care less.
it's gonna be cold folks. for the next 200 to 90k years.After this winters'
numbers are in, the Sun will be on everyone's minds.
And finally thought of as having an effect on our climate AND weather.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

You're not making much sense. They didn't delete anything, just corrected July 1936 (?).

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
a reply to: amazing

There is no 97% consensus on AGW

I'm quoting what NASA says right on their website. Just think about that for a minute. Is NASA totally inept? Totally wrong on purpose...lying to us? or are they correct and came to that conclusion after reviewing all the DATA? Just saying, makes you think. Now IF NASA is lying about global warming, the causes and the consensus, then what else are they lying about. This would mean we can't trust them on anything...life on Mars, the Apollo missions. That Rabbit hole is very deep.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: TheBandit795

you beat me to it.

this just goes to show that warmers will go to great lengths to prove their views.
when you take someones paper that says something totally different from what you want it to say and claim it supports your position, how dishonest is that.

Are you calling me a "Warmer"? LOL

I hate labels, maybe I'll make one up though. A non colder. I like that better. Call me a NON-Colder.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

So yeah, just today this article completely contradicts that article.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stuship

It doesn't contradict it at all. The ocean doesn't warm uniformly. What was discovered is that the upper 700m of ocean in the southern hemisphere heated more than estimated and that the ocean between 700m and 2km hasn't significantly warmed since 2005.

ETA: Both papers were published on the same day in the same journal.
edit on 10/7/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
My Mum gave me the answer to global warming years ago. Accidentally of course.

All people of the world have to do is open their fridge doors at the same time for a few minutes.

Remember the " what are you trying to do, cool down the whole planet ? " ......... "

Why yes MUM. Yes I am."

Consider how many fridges there are on the planet at this moment and the energy that is generated to keep them all cool inside 24 hours a day every day. Is it not reasonable to suspect that there is some detrimental effect on the climate outside?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You are confused, completely, It IS SAYING THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED, no debate at all, is what is being pushed on EVERYONE.

And saying it over and over again, completely till no one is allowed to talk back about it in SCIENCE.

Suppressing every dissenting opinion against warming is a debate ?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yeah, that's what I say don't worry about. Because in reality, there's not a thing you are anybody else is going to do about it. Maybe it's caused by modern man and his fossil fuel extravaganza. Maybe it's a natural cycle of the sun and planet. Who knows. This planet has experienced worse than this, that is if anything at all is even happening. Pay no attention to those anomalies in weather patterns. Those events happening now that haven't happened in eons, how do you even know they are bad for you. I wouldn't worry. And that carbon tax, it's just a money grab. Droughts? There are always dry spells. Epic rains? Don't build next to the river. Yeah snow in October is not unusual. We got our panites in a twist for no reason. Relax. bring on the next iphone. Bring on three D printing. Ain't you seen those advertisements. It's only going to get better from here. Bring on the singularity. I'm ready for it. Now all we got to worry about is all those starving people getting in the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I have to say it their data on record is only of a short period of earth. When they start showing the true records of what earth was like 5000 years ago up until present date, then I may say they have cause for concern. I still think we are about to hit the next ice age soon. This warmth may just be the calm before the starkblast(storm)

Too many scientists stating this or that in both direction for there to be a true answer.

kix

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its been 4 years that temps have gone WAY WAY down on Mexico city, heck now its raining and we are at 12 C... its not even rainy season, I remember in 1967 in was this cold... and then temps got a lot warmer for like 20 years..now it been down and down...its a cycle ... and its getting colder...its not weather...its climate...

Getting warmer... don't make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

the Sun has dimmed.
Not in the past 11 years. It's actually brightened a little tiny bit this solar maximum from last, even though the sunspot number has been much lower. Not enough to notice though, not without measurements from a satellite.
lasp.colorado.edu...

Hasn't changed much in the past 100 years either. Unless you consider a change (up and down) of about 0.01% to be much.
lasp.colorado.edu...

edit on 10/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: okyouwin
a reply to: Snarl
Yeah, that's what I say don't worry about. Because in reality, there's not a thing you are anybody else is going to do about it. Maybe it's caused by modern man and his fossil fuel extravaganza. Maybe it's a natural cycle of the sun and planet. Who knows.

Who knows? People who measure things and look at them seriously, and not just from their keyboard and rear orfice.

If it's a "natural cycle", what's the nature of the cycle? What's the physical mechanism? What are the observational signatures? How does it override the effect from increased greenhouse effect?

Do science, and deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship

So yeah, just today this article completely contradicts that article.

news.yahoo.com...

No. Ocean below 2000 m (two kilometers!!!!) hasn't shown warming. Ocean above that does. Consistent with increased forcing from additional energy at the top, i.e., global warming from increased radiative forcing.

www.nodc.noaa.gov...

Take a look here, and click on main figure 1 and 2, mean ocean heat content 0-700 meters, and 0-2000 meters.

0-2000 meters is going up consistently since 1970.

Deny ignorance, and understand science.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I didn't know Chicago was in the southern hemisphere. WOW you learn something new everyday.

Wow... had to be grimpachi I guess... I know you are in Florida, or around there, but in case you didn't know, it's October and yes...it is cold in the northern states... Chicago is in Illinois to the north... it is not in the south...

Only in "grimpachi's world" is Illinois in the south of the U.S.... (I am guessing Grimpachi thinks Illinois is in the southern sections of U.S.)

edit on 14-10-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join