It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hewlett-Packard Said to Plan Split Into Two Companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Hewlett-Packard Co. (HPQ) plans to split into two separate companies, a personal-computer and printer business, and corporate hardware and services operations, a person with knowledge of the matter said. The breakup will be a tax-free distribution of shares to shareholders next year, according to the Wall Street Journal, which first reported the split-up of Hewlett-Packard.

Efforts to spin off businesses are gathering steam at other technology companies. International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) has been shedding its hardware operations, including the sale of its PC unit to China’s Lenovo Group Ltd. (992) in 2005, and last month, EBay Inc. (EBAY) announced that it would spin off its PayPal unit.

I wonder if the split is just to try and save the company from losing out on a growing market or if it is for a different reason. Guess we'll have to wait and see what they say about it tomorrow.

Hewlett-Packard Said to Plan Split Into Two Companies

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

I saw this coming back when they announced their computing breakthrough.

New Type Of Computer Capable Of Calculating 640TBs Of Data In One Billionth Of A Second, Could Revolutionize Computing

Makes sense to split the company with that in mind. May get bigger than HP itself.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh Great. Two Piece Of Shyt Companies versus one MAJOR pile of steaming crap.

I saw this coming after they got the jump on cloud services in film.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was hoping they would they would spin Packard off from Hewlett. I always wanted a Packard, don't care much for Hewlett though.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: adomol

Just stick with Packard tools than
I know it's not the same Packard but it's a Packard none the less

top topics

join