It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathtaking: New crystal steals oxygen from air

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How can this be new? I have heard of this technology in the 1980s that the military scientists utilized in defense, except they were so flipping paranoid about the other guys finding out that it was never advertised a discovery to the public eye. And there is a side effect with ozone concentration with this new substance so it's not so super for everything.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why not crystals that absorb carbon dioxide, which can then be dumped into space.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like this discovery. There are a lot of good possible applications for this. Does this mean they can make more types of bombs explode in space?
edit on 7-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree that this is astonish discovery, but you, truly sorry, but i don't get you !
Opinion we see, but where is sense for hope ?

ACTUALLY, CAN ANYONE ELSE EXPECT FEW PERSONS SEE SPARKLING STAR IN THIS STORY ?

Why I see history repeating all over again ??

Anyway all intelligent stories comes from Sweeden so its Swedish turn

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: denius507

denius507,

Would you mind explaining just what you meant by what you said in your last post? I am having difficulty understanding your meaning from the words you used.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
please let this not take 20 years to be usable by the public

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

That's what I'm thinking...they can grab it, bag it, and sell it....sounds like a corporation's wet dream to me...they already have most other commodities...why not the air we breath!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexball
Why not crystals that absorb carbon dioxide, which can then be dumped into space.

Deadly grains of sand peppering space stations and satelites at a thousand mph.

Carbon is very useful should there be an easy way of breaking the molecular bonds that make co2, some form of photosynthesis based of this air capturing crystal could be a significant breakthrough.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
The scientists creating the crystal have borrowed this idea from nature…very cool. Nature always seems to be one step ahead, but imparts some of the best ideas:

An epiphyte is a plant that grows non-parasitically upon another plant (such as a tree), and derives its moisture and nutrients from the air, rain, and sometimes from debris accumulating around it instead of the structure it is fastened to. An epiphytic organism that is not a plant is not called an epiphyte

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I would rather we regrow the forest and let them utilize the carbon dioxide to generate more oxygen.

What a lovely image thay would make.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
An epiphyte is a plant that grows non-parasitically upon another plant (such as a tree)

This is not a fungus, and doesn't work the same way to acquire oxygen. It's nothing like that.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

A lot easier to turn CO2 into methane clathrates, and inject them into subduction zones.

That's probably where petroleum comes from, imho.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
you guys actually think this is new? like 25 years ago maybe

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
nm
edit on 8-10-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join