It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Use A Tablet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: daskakik

You make a point, however technology has become so cheap and prevalent that it's detrimental to society. At least that's what I see in Europe.

I don't really think it is any more prevalent than radio, TV and those evil pieces of paper with printed letters (yes, they were once the height of technology).
edit on 8-10-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

"Tablets" have been around for 20+ years, since at least 2000 and upward they've been relatively inexpensive. It wasn't before the iPad where people started really paying attention. Why? Because the iPad was all gloss and shine. (I'm an Apple user myself and personally love Apple.) Just like the iPhone. We've had touch screen phones before then, however flip phones and the traditional candy-bar style phones reigned supreme.

Point being: We've had tablets and touch screen centric devices for a long time. However, society as a whole is changing putting a bigger importance on simplicity and the ability to consume more so than the ability to easily create on the go.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Got myself a Samsung Galaxy something.. 7 inch screen. Great for reading, but I also use some cool apps like Google Sky, Stellarium Mobile and Starwalk. Actually nothing you couldn't have on any smart-phone, but I like the bigger screen and it still fits neatly in my pocket, unlike my laptop.
Since I got the tab I have actually been using the laptop a lot less, mainly just for work. The tab for me is better for social media and music streaming via YouTube, Grooveshark etc. Again, basic smart-phone territory. I guess I could just as well do without it, but since I have it, I use it. Great when on the road and using it as a sat-nav!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i use a Microsoft Surface ,company suppled.I work as a service tech for a gear and drive systems manufacturer.handy to use from my work area rather then sitting at a desk.when I travel to customers its nice to take along,and have access to work data base from any were.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well i broke down and got a tablet. One for the wife too. We got lower end ta lets but i like it. She got a toshiba and i got an asus. Kit kat on hers and jelly bean on mine.
Its super easy to use. I got the mx player app and as soon as i open that app i can scroll through all the vids on my micro..downloaded u torrent so i can download to the tablet.
I thought it would be harder to get used to. Both of them are only 8 gigs internal storage but i put a 16 gig micro in so im good to go.
I like it. The laptop is now a storage device

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
my theory is propaganda and subliminal advertising . i have noticed everybody trying to put all their content on cloud severs so before you would download a movie to pc now they want you to stream it on netflix or hulu or vudu. and consumers have started doing the same with the apple icloud they store their stuff there because limited space on ipad or phone. sounds neat right who wants to lug around a terabyte hardrive with them everywhere so it must be smarted to load it in the cloud wrong i got a terabyte hardrive thats the size of my phone. but really i think everyone is getting onbe because the powers that be want us too. and by the way cloud severs are not secure places to dump your stuff just ask all them actresses that had their nudie pics stole off the icloud this summer

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join