It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiked In The Foothills This Weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Went with my son's Boy Scout troop hiking in the SC/NC foothills trail.

Was pretty rough in some spots, but the views were beautiful. Only have a few pictures that I can share here (BSA policy. Most of my pictures are of the scouts and for the parents only). But I do have a few I thought I would share here that are just scenery:

Trail head we started on:

The river we camped by:

Mount Sassafras:

The river this morning. It was COLD! Got down to around 36 - 38 deg F:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm going to complain. I still pretend it's a free country.

You have one of the trail head I'm guessing, one far away shot of Mt. Sassafras and the other two are essential the same picture.

I come home with at least fifty to a hundred pictures even when just hiking locally. Do you have any more to share that you took along the way? I really do like them but they left me intrigued and wanting to see more.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Beautiful scenery, miss the scouts.

Best of times.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Love that part of the country. Hang your food in a tree to keep black bears out of it and watch out for rattle snakes.
Great trout fishing.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am fortunate enough to see these everyday of my life. When I top the hill leaving my home, I see that same exact mountain range in it's full beauty as the sun sets and rises over it.

I often forget they are even there as I have seen them everyday since I was born. But they are beautiful and people do come from all over just to see them, walk through them, and stay for the slower pace for just a bit.

Thanks for the share and the reminder.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Sorry, I'm going to complain. I still pretend it's a free country.

You have one of the trail head I'm guessing, one far away shot of Mt. Sassafras and the other two are essential the same picture.

I come home with at least fifty to a hundred pictures even when just hiking locally. Do you have any more to share that you took along the way? I really do like them but they left me intrigued and wanting to see more.

It's okay, I do have some more that I can post, and will a little bit later. I was falling asleep as I was trying to make this thread (the hike was a bit hard on me). I'll post more in a bit.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Again, I apologies for the few pictures in the OP as I fell asleep while trying to post, heh. Hike was pretty hard on me. Here are a LOT more pics, split up into two more posts:

Camp: Bear Bag Poles to hang up your food and food garbage

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Next day on our way out. It was COLD, hehehehehe.

Steam on the river:

My son and one of the troop leaders:

My son Josh:

And a selfie of me:

edit on 6-10-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join