It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurdish woman suicide bomber attacks ISIS in Syria, killing a number of members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tedgoat

And what are you smoking? Surely, if there was any truth to what you were saying, we'd see the Kurds complaining about being bombed? What's that, we're not? How strange...

And where is your evidence for Western shipments of arms to IS?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

So very true but to many they cannot fathom a world in which the west is not evil

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

And what are you smoking? Surely, if there was any truth to what you were saying, we'd see the Kurds complaining about being bombed? What's that, we're not? How strange...

And where is your evidence for Western shipments of arms to IS?

Hello!!! Why would we see the Kurds getting bombed when we are never getting to see the truth of what is getting bombed in Syria and Iraq. You never got the truth about the Vietnam War, Oklahoma City Bombing, 9/11, 7/7, Boston Bombing etc. What makes you think they are going to come clean about anything else?

What's that? The Lamestream Media controlled by the same liars that create all those illegal wars in the first place??!! No surely Not!

Syria to Obama: Quit Arming ISIS Terrorists

In a speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Walid al-Moallem denounced the Obama administration’s policy of arming certain militants while striking others, calling it a double-standard policy which “creates a fertile ground for the growth” of terrorist organizations.
“…What we see on the part of the U.S. administration is a double standard policy and alliances to score certain political agendas, particularly through supporting with money, weapons and training of groups they call moderate,” he said. “This is a real recipe for the increase of violence and terrorism, shedding of Syrian blood, prolonging of the Syrian crisis and demolishing of the political solution at its basis.”
“This behavior creates a fertile ground for the growth of these terrorist groups that commit the most heinous crimes on the Syrian territory, which requires all of us to seriously and effectively address and eradicate terrorism, and re-establish security and stability in Syria and the region.”

That's just Syria. How about all the weapons, Humvees and Toyota Trucks they conveniently left in Iraq for ISIS to stumble upon?

Syria to Obama - Quit Arming ISIS

Duh!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

Quite possibly the measures employed by this woman may be the only way to directly affect ISIS. Considering air strikes don't work and we are not willing to commit any of our own troops to the ground(which I agree with). Sad but true?

Horrible way to play them at there own game. The physiological effect however is none the less apparent. This is there own guerrilla tactics being used against them, end of the day that's how its done however horrible it may seem.

Where does it end through? Exactly how far is humanity willing to go before we come to our senses?
edit on 6-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Right, as I suspected - the same tired old "Lamestream media" argument backed up with a link from the Bastion of Truth, Prison Planet quoting the famously truthful Assad regime..

Meanwhile, in the real world....

What they are referring to is the supply to the "moderate" Syrian rebels (there are more than one group in Syria you know) which then ended up being captured by IS and Al Nusra as they turned on their fellow rebels. In fact, "the West" has not supplied any lethal weaponry, rather that has come from Saudi and Qatar which weren't so choosy about who they worked with and have happily been supporting the Jihadists.

edit on 6/10/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The west funds Israeli atrocities, kidnaps innocent people to torture in Guantanamo, drones pregnant women & children, & killed over a million civilians in Iraq & Afghanistan on the deceitful WMD orders of Bush & Blair...

The west is just as complicit in evil as anywhere else is...

Just because you're a respectable brother in arms... What of poor Abeer Qassim Hamza!!!
Shame it wasn't you and brothers like yourself who came across her family!!!

You can't deny the evils of the West just because you defend us, you should be more scrutinising of the evils than regular citizens!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This lady is a hero...
May she Rest In Peace, & be guided to Junnah by the watchful Angels as a reward for her bravery!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
May the LORD watch over and guide her reflective SOUL back home to realms of Love & Peace. It is sad she had to go to such measures to defend...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Those pieces of shot are not representative of a policy or institutional discrimination. Rather they were a worn down battle jaded group who committed war crimes and deserve to pay. The evils of the west as an ideology pales in comparison to the enemy.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Who do you consider the enemy?
The Middle East as a whole?
Just the Muslims?

Or scum like IS who destroy the values of Islam with their Mental Illness?

Just like those pieces of # don't represent the west, I hope you understand IS don't represent Islam or the Middle East!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

If I was fighting enemy forces and everyone around me had been killed or otherwise rendered incapable of mounting a defense, given the opportunity to kill myself rather than be taken hostage by ISIS where I would endure a life of rape and beating, I would kill myself and if I could, take as many enemy with me as possible. This is simple logic. It is better to be dead than alive in the hands of ISIS, and if you can take a bunch of them out on your way to heaven, then so be it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

I would suggest Arin Mirkan is/was a hero who has paid the ultimate sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: boncho

Yeah.. no this is really bad news. The kurds are supposed to be an organized fighting force defending their life. Not sacrificing themselves thinking there is a bonus.

It sounds like hell over there. Why can't one side be relatable and just want to live peacefully and fight because they are defending that life?

The article says she was a fighter. It doesn't say anything about her being a part of the military.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's like living in some Orwellian nightmare...

So now we're praising suicide bombers?

I can't keep up seriously. Who the f**k are we supposed to be fighting these days?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

That would be the ministry of peace! But lets not get ahead of ourselves, don't want to be getting sent to room 101.

Love is hate, war is peace, and all that jazz. The real scary part is it's happening, the thought Police are indeed amongst our ranks!

edit on 6-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

If you dig deeper, instead of relying on that painfully short article, you'll find that Arin Mirkan (which was her name) was a full time fighter in the YPG.

a reply to: Kram09

As has been mentioned in other posts in this thread, it wasn't how you seem to think. Her position was being over run and she detonated a device rather than be captured. I'm sure that is a damned site more honorable and palatable than strapping some explosives to your chest and blowing up a market. In fact, I am sure that Western military history has plenty of examples of the same sort of sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW! Right on. She sure gave her all didn't she?

Respect.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First with response to the original post, this woman was just a soldier, a very brave soldier no doubt, and I have nothing but respect for her, she was fighting for her home, her life and her family's future and paid the ultimate price with the scant reward of taking a few of her enemies with her, we should not in any way think of her as a suicide bomber, that detracts from everything she did and what she actually died for.

It also seems to me that people are just completely missing the point, the west do not want to stop IS taking this town/city, it is all part of the plan, the ultimate plan to get boots on the ground in Syria, it has been the goal since the Arab spring, they failed completely because Putin played hard ball, but through a series of seemingly unrelated events they are edging closer and closer to their goal.

Russia in the way, weaken their influence, cause trouble in the Ukraine, Russia have to respond and that gives the West the authority they need to put in place sanctions, build up IS in the background, make them bold, make sure there are plenty of atrocities to get the public scared and angry

Let IS get bolder and bolder, use your air strikes to push them in the direction you want them to go, just so happens that way is the border of Syria and Turkey

Now why is that important? Once they take this town, IS will push on, and attack somewhere in Turkey, and Turkey is part of What? Yes NATO, and all NATO nations are bound by signatory treaty to defend them by all means necessary, just can see the Presidents and Prime Ministers solemn sad faces as they say they have absolutely no choice but to "Put boots on the ground" Queen to King 4, "check and mate"

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

she decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and take her life in order to take a few IS fighters with her.

Beaten,raped,beheaded in that order most likely.

After all ISIS are 'puritans' when it comes to their interpretation of Islam.

And there would have been 'hell' to pay for her not knowing her 'place'.

No one can fault her actions.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: boncho

Yeah.. no this is really bad news. The kurds are supposed to be an organized fighting force defending their life. Not sacrificing themselves thinking there is a bonus.

It sounds like hell over there. Why can't one side be relatable and just want to live peacefully and fight because they are defending that life?

The article says she was a fighter. It doesn't say anything about her being a part of the military.

She was in YPG, en.wikipedia.org... so, yes she was a Kurdish fighter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join