It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurdish woman suicide bomber attacks ISIS in Syria, killing a number of members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

Fight fire with fire.
This probably had more effect than our impersonal bombings.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
they have basically been in the open and stationary surrounding a town for weeks, so why hasn`t someone been dropping bombs on their heads?
I thought the hardest part of fighting these guys was finding them, well here they are sitting ducks for weeks and nobody has bothered to drop some bombs on them.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
A Certain Point Of View

If Arin Mirkan was an American soldier, she would be eligible for the Congressional Medal of Honor.

"Suicide bomber" has sinister connotations that don't appear to apply in this case.

Perhaps it would be better to recognize this as an act of war that, given the well-known consequences of being captured by the Islamic State, made this sacrifice the most sensible choice a soldier could make under the circumstances.

I offer my utmost respect.[/quote

I don't know if she would be eligible or not. She didn't give her life to save others, but to kill the enemy, Her life ending didn't mean saving someone else.. I don't know. Not sure what the requirements are.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

No actually, i read further and found out it wasn't a suicide bombing in the sense we have come to expect. She didn't go out with the intention of blowing herself up. She just got surrounded by ISIS soldiers and figured they are going to kill me either way and so she detonated explosives. It wasn't a martyrdom thing it was going out on her own terms because her fate was sealed.

I can respect that.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

For god's sake, not even the original article mentions her name.

Her name was Arin Mirkan.

Obviously a true hero, unlike the ISIS cowards who only kill unarmed innocents.

Rest in peace, you are now legend.

MY heart breaks.
edit on 103131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I"ll say it again.
Selfless.

I wonder if she made eye contact with her other fellow soldiers and let them somehow know she had an explosive and was going to detonate it. I can imagine all their eyes locking and giving each other a silent 'Do it. See you on the Other Side... thank you and I love you." to each other.

That's how I choose to believe the final 20 seconds went down. That each of those brave fighters knew what was about to come and made peace with themselves and with their fellow Soldier for doing what was the better choice out of the two options.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

such situations we see in syria are not conducive to success, can you honestly point out many examples of successful rescue operations or kill/capture missions during civil wars or occupations? for any nation?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO
I'm seriously considering getting in contact with the Kurds and going over there and fighting with them against Isis.may she rest in peace a true hero in my book.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Easy there brother. They got their own boots on the ground and we will get support their when its time. Besides you never know when we might need some boots on the ground here.

I promise the only reason for the lag in action is compiling a list. You know how many asshats had their eyes scanned by coalition forces in Afghanistan and Iraq only to be let go to continue about being a douche.

We've been fighting an enemy that had no roster so technically there was no way to ever know if we won/were gaining ground. You see the article about the rapper saying he's been spotted several times. That's the Only thing that makes sense to me. Make a big ole list and go hunt them down.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If we in the West were able to support the Kurdish the way we've supported their enemies, then this sort of thing wouldn't be happening. I'll point you at this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's mostly having a laugh at the improvised vehicles the Kurds are having to create since IS is rolling around in HUMVEEs and T-72s. These people are brave, but ill-equipped. They're fighting back with the means available to them. Perhaps if they received a bit of materiel support they wouldn't be forced to resort to last-stand tactics, but be thankful they are, because right now it's the Kurdish holding the line against IS.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Odds are, if you survive, you'll be labeled a terrorist and you won't be let back into the country.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I offer my utmost respect.

I second that.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

such situations we see in syria are not conducive to success, can you honestly point out many examples of successful rescue operations or kill/capture missions during civil wars or occupations? for any nation?

You are of course right here.

The notion that is (somehow) pounded into our heads that ISIS is just some "gangs" is obviously entirely wrong. Large parts, I'd say about 50% of Iraq and abut 50% of Syria etc. are actually controlled by ISIS, their fighters are in the 10s of thousands, at least according to that research I did. Not only that, they also have superior weapons which they seized, say from Iraq post US occupation.

TBH, to me it looks like ISIS is *****g up large parts of the ME, controlling and occupying many cities there...while what we do....we strike the occasional "terrorist hideout".

If you look at a map and see that ISIS controls those large parts of Iraq and Syria it becomes clear that air-strikes won't do ANYTHING here.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Whatever I've been fighting my whole life. I always believed in protecting the innocent or those who can't defend them selfs. These Isis # represent the embodiment of evil and a group Of rag tag underdogs have sought to defend themselves. They need help and I'll put my money where My mouth is.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The very worst part of this news is not the death of a valiant Kurdish woman fighting for her homeland....but that the Kurds are so hard pressed that they are falling back.......
Where are the drones to take out the armour with hellfire missiles?
Where is their air cover?
Why haven't we shipped them more heavy weapons?
Why are we throwing them piecemeal into a grinder?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

For god's sake, not even the original article mentions her name.

Her name was Arin Mirkan.

Obviously a true hero, unlike the ISIS cowards who only kill unarmed innocents.

Very brave. So sad that it's come to this. May Arin Mirkan RIP, a captain of the Women's Defense Units (YPJ).

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This cannot be a good thing lets hope this will not become the new normal in warfare,incidentally this human bomb thing goes back to the Japanese of WWII,didn't change the out come now did it and killing a few ISIL members where is the great strategic move in that did it gain territory took out a couple major officers instrumental to ISIL.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
To me it sounds like that woman had no other options left, likely those jihadist or what ever did something very personal to her, like maybe killed her family front of her or something horrible like that and she had one more mission on earth... Also its possible that someones forced her to do it, maybe holding her family as hostage meanwhile.
Any case keep wars on and we gonna see more new ways to kill each other, no doubt.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The very worst part of this news is not the death of a valiant Kurdish woman fighting for her homeland....but that the Kurds are so hard pressed that they are falling back.......
Where are the drones to take out the armour with hellfire missiles?
Where is their air cover?
Why haven't we shipped them more heavy weapons?
Why are we throwing them piecemeal into a grinder?

This will piss off the ISIS controllers. The US and Israel will probably send in the RAF to bomb the Kurds then send out the usual fake or modified Propaganda videos to say they were bombing ISIS.

Oh and by the way! They have shipped a heap of weapons. To ISIS!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I do think in the West we concentrate on the supply of boots, arms and fly power. Which we have hardly aquitted ourselves well with concerning helping the Kurds. (But that's about an actual Kurdish state with oil reserves on their land isn't it)?

I am hoping that the psychology of a female suicide bomber will screw up the heads of the ISIS scum as their war is first psychological and then boots, arms and despicable sub-human acts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join