It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Muslims believing they're moderate Muslims while promoting radical Muslims - huh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Let me explain.

A video surfaced which shows a speaker during a Mosque gathering, for all intents and purposes, trying to 'prove' (for a lack of a better word) that not ALL Muslims are radical. But in while doing so, contradicts his exact premise whereby actually 'proving' that even moderate Muslims are indeed radicalized. Still confused? So am I.

punishments such as the chopping of a hand for thievery, stoning for homosexuality or death for conversion from Islam are demanded only by the radicals who support suicide bombers and the 9/11 hijackers, right? The average, “moderate” Muslim couldn’t affirm such uncivilized actions, could he?

That’s apparently wrong, according to video of a session at a recent “peace” conference held by IslamNet, an organization whose website is published in Norwegian.

An unidentified speaker is rallying the crowd around the idea that Muslims are moderate.
The crowd affirms that they consider themselves moderate, yet they still would impose the prescribed penalties.
Read more at www.wnd.com...

I really didn't understand what his point was. Was he trying to remove the mainstream bias and disavow radicalism by showing that even "moderate" Muslims agree with the very thing that makes them considered to be 'radical'? Is this what I'm supposed to be understanding?
I'm at a loss for words. The twisted spin-doctor approach to paint themselves in an entirely different light, while distorting the reality of what is actually said is mind blowing to say the least. It's amazing how the mind will try 'convince' itself of a truth which is purely fictional and somehow believe it has accomplished the task of 'refuting' a point. Mind blowing.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

But they're not moderate Muslims...

You can see clearly they're into extreme Wahhabism...

I think homosexuality is a sin...
But I wouldn't be stoning people for it as Allah is the Judge on Judgement Day...
Not me in the here and now...

I think stealing is wrong...
But I'm guessing losing a hand is much better deterrent to future theft than 5years in prison...
Not to condone, but the West is just as barbaric making people slaves for the Prison Industrial Complex...

They water board and torture innocent inmates at Guantanamo, the west has no right to say what's radical or extreme...
Because they drone children and pregnant women...
For nothing I might add...

That doesn't mean I'm trying to hinder debate here...
We at ATS, do not caste the first stone as we know we've all #ed up along the line...
So we are free to our opinion on such subject...

A Moderate is me, my missus, her family, most in the community, true Imams and scholars, the righteous who are fighting Jihad against IS as we speak...
Not jerk offs who cannot control their urge to Judge...

For only Allah can Judge, & Allah is most merciful and forgiving!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Actually he just pointed out that everything which is written in Quran is taken and should be followed literally. Its not a surprice that all raised their hands. What i found surpricing is that he pointed the question to all SUNNI muslims.
Quran is a law book more than it is a book of scripture.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The point is they are trying to rebrand the radicals as moderate. Moderate is the safety net term they hide under, this proves it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The Quran is a book of guidance and a tool. A gun in the hands of a soldier offers protection though the same gun in the hands of an evil man offers only fear.

Blame not the pawns but the hand that moves them.

new topics

top topics

join