It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please have Next Page>> <<Previous Page buttons in threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I know many will say it works well enough as it is. But it is beyond frustrating to be in a large thread and to hit the wrong page number on the screen, wait for the wrong page to load and then try again, only to hit another wrong page. Maybe my fingers are too big?

I think this simple addition would make the user experience here much better.

I did say please.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I take it you're using a mobile...

I've done this many times...

Best thing to do is zoom in and then pick a page!

I don't think the admin will add a button if I'm honest!

Edit: actually a much bigger nuisance IMO is when I select one of my posts and it happens to be the last on a certain page it directs you to the following page...
Is that a mobile problem aswell?
edit on 5-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think you're right, but there's no harm in asking. I've tried zooming in... And yes, on mobile. Isn't everyone now?

ETA: I use the desk top version. I'm sorry, but I don't like the mobile version. This change is suggested to make the big threads more touch screen friendly. And to give me a break from vocalizations in loud and often colorful language.

edit on 5-10-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No doubt, if we don't ask we don't get I guess...
I know zooming doesn't always work either but it has a higher success rate for me...

😂👍

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yes the site needs better page navigation, especially as most people use phones or tablets these days.

Just the same as virtually every other forum will do. Oh and a scroll to bottom button.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Not to mention we need useful features like automatically navigating us to the last post we read on a thread, and providing a way to flag posts within a thread. I know, I'm a broken record on that subject, sorry for bringing it up yet again, everyone. Well, not really sorry, since I think these features would make the site that much more awesome.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

NO !!!!

You cannot !!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I like this idea

new topics

top topics

join