It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Duncan is dead according to Israeli news report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One source misread Reuters. And 24 hours later finally got around to correcting it. There's a lot of weird with this story in general, but this isn't a huge issue. IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark
a reply to: rigel4

I thought Duncan's nephew was in quarantine, and Duncan is unresponsive and on a ventilator?

If so, he didn't talk to him on the phone, or see him in the hospital...so he has to hear it from the same officials as we do.

I smell a big stinking rat here.

Im sure you're right.. nothing as sorded as a government cover up..
expecially one that will affect the markets.

They only care about the profit.. nothing else matters to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I live in Dallas. The local news has gone silent about Duncan. All they talk about now are stories about his relatives are unhappy with their captivity.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Re. Arutz Sheva, I always thought it was an excellent source. I have doubts as to whether this was an error due to the fact that no retraction was issued. Why is that? Wouldn't it have been easier to say "we made a mistake.....sorry" or something to that effect?

Makes me wonder what if it was no mistake? Think about this: Mr. Duncan's death (which I hope won't happen) could lead to widespread panic, something our gov't does not want. Hello martial law. If he survives, this could encourage many others with the disease to come pouring across our borders, seeking better healthcare than what they have at home.

It's a no-win situation as far as I am concerned. All I know is, our gov't has been less than truthful about many things, especially this issue.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Duncan was in critical but stable condition Monday

so hey did make it through the night.

stable condition Monday

back too stable.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Mr. Duncan recived the trial antiviral Chimerix and now he is in stable condition.

www.charlotteobserver.com...
edit on 6-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
I don't think that is much of a concern, when you factor in the extremely expensive price of an airplane ticket from Africa to the U.S., on top of the fact that the disease strikes fast, making patients not feeling or able to travel long distances.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Good to know he's still alive but remember its still a deadly virus.

Everyone thats infected Sadly has a chance of dying.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
On another message board someone told me the BBC had a report that claimed Duncan had died, but that the U.S. denied it. Can't find the link. If this is correct it says something.....can anyone say "coverup?"

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoyalBlue
a reply to: ausername

I don't think that is much of a concern, when you factor in the extremely expensive price of an airplane ticket from Africa to the U.S., on top of the fact that the disease strikes fast, making patients not feeling or able to travel long distances.

Yet Thomas Duncan did all of the above. So did Patrick Sawyer.

I will bet there will be hundreds others.

That statement is an outright lie, already proven false. Why even make it?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Latest news is he has just begun treatment with a new experimental drug

medication, just as officials announced his condition was worsening. Thomas Eric Duncan is now being treated with brincidofovir, receiving an investigational medication in late-stage testing for other types of viruses, officials said Monday.

CBS NEWS
edit on 6-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

But, they already maintain that we don't have a true cure or vaccine. Depending on the strain, (not clear which one this is) there appears to be a varied survival rate. Naturally, we'd expect that to be higher here with top care, but disease will take lives regardless of our attempts to beat it. Consider MRSA and how easily that can kill a strong, young person.

IF this spreads, then some will die from it and others won't. Most likely, those with weakened immunity and the very young/old would succumb as with all disease. Everyone else has a percentile chance of survival. Honestly, I still remain completely unconcerned about this whole thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I, as the OP of this premature thread, hang my head in shame, and ask the mods to place this in the HOAX bin.

Unless...they are really REALLY outright lying and fabricating stories, it appears he is still alive and being treated with the experimental drug as of today (Tuesday).

Dust it off next week and re-post it when he does pass.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
If he is in fact dead, then this goes to show that even with all of our medical technology we cannot overcome this disease. Not saying every case will have this outcome, but maybe it's time we realize that we aren't top dog on this planet.

All this shows is that not everyone's immune system is that great. The flu kills people every year. There are bound to be people who just can't hack it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If true, prepare.

A flood cometh.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Being a virus, Ebola works with proteins. Yes, some people react differently based on their own body design. Some will fold under any virus differently than others. Depends on ancestry sometimes.

Here is the 2 edged sword. While only a certain population is affected by a certain gene or pattern, (with many diseases not just a pox plague like ebola) the government isn't going to advertise that. They want to keep the gene testing and engineering to a backstage effect, maybe because it's still cost prohibitive, but in public to broadcast the medicinal results to a general public for more sales in antivirals and vaccines, as it has been done so in history with other viruses. The generic preventative instead of a selective treatment. Never does a government want to admit fault for bad department management letting the crap into the country to begin with. So then as in USA, they will minimize the reports to minimize the lawsuits and shovel the blame into the local governments, which is why the CDC is there, for the paper trail into health insurances and emergency costs. That's the physical part. It's good because they have an eye for where the disease is going but you won't get to ask them questions.

The spiritual part is that some people are working overtime behind the scenes in higher places to use their spiritual gifts in grace to mend the afflicted before a manifestation in the physical. Mind over matter up to a point, then action. But the angels have had the scroll declaration, the bowl poured on population at health centers, and the loooong list of "all those who do _insert_misbehavior_here" judgment for behavior, so it is a matter of weeks before those things manifest, yet they will, and even I'm not exempt from judgments of those ones should I be judged. I just never saw that stuff local before, but it was around in the 90s once but there were interveners. Some things governments just can't do, but they don't want to admit to not being able to do. Voting season.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So if he is cured and released then will he ever get the virus again and if so does that mean he is a carrier of the virus? I am glad to hear he is ok. I thought i heard about someone getting it again.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He will carry it for up to 90 days, but he can't transmit the disease except sexually. From what we can tell, if you survive Ebola you then have immunity. Wether temporarily or permanently is not known.

a reply to: deadeyedick

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I was just reading about the doctor that was rushed back to the hospitol after surviving ebola now has a respirtory infection. Perhaps there is some good from doctors giving patients antibotics for viral infections because of the weakened condition of the body can lead to infections that can lead to coughing and brushing teeth can lead to cut gums and so on...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever
Look up ZMAPP. It seems to have worked on this strain of Ebola and cured at least 1 doctor who contracted it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join