It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Duncan is dead according to Israeli news report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharonbaron

Yesterday he was critical but stable, this morning critical, next is dead.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
BBC News reporting as alive, but critical....

First US Ebola case Thomas Duncan 'critical'

Last updated 4/10/14 at 20:17, so 24 hours ago....still possible it could be a worst case scenario, a lot can happen with ebola in that time.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

The last I heard from the news today was that he went into critical condition over night. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

What I keep having questions about is, the missionary doctor who was brought back a few weeks ago seemed to recover awfully quickly after getting treated, to the point where after a few weeks he was well enough to testify in front of Congress and give plenty of interviews. If Ebola literally dissolves your internal organs within hours/days, how is the recovery from it so quick and complete? You'd think any survivors would look like death warmed over for months afterwards. I know a simple flu knocks me down for months. Is this several different diseases, does it affect some races differently than others, what?

That's what's concerning to me. I can have the Flu for a day tops. Although I havn't gotten sick in well I can't remember anymore. People act like it's so deadly but my immune system handles it fine, and I lived with a school teacher for 4 years. She was sick about every 3 months. Maybe it's cause I had hippie parents and rarely washed my hands as a kid?

Ebola though. I doubt my body would handle that at all. It's also way more infectious. What is it 10 times less virus needed than Influenza to take hold and start replicating. If I understand correctly even one virus can infect you, which tells me your immune system isn't going to stop it before it has a chance to spread inside you.

Funny I lost my job washing dishes.. Handling things people put their mouth on haha.. Also had to move out of a big city. Sometimes my timing.. Seems like more than luck.

Man the world has gotten strange since 2001. Before that was the 90s. I grew up in a bubble and didn't even realize.

So is this guy Dead or Alive? We have conflicting information. The source reporting his death could just be saying that because someone asked them to you know.. I have a feeling he is dead though.

edit on 5-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Gotta love ATS. Just a few weeks ago anything the Israeli media put out was considered propaganda and lies by the majority on this site. Then a single Israeli news source says Duncan is dead and all of a sudden that is Gospel.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The uk.reuters.com article still says he is in critical condition. Some interesting other info, though.

Frieden said doses of the experimental medicine ZMapp were "all gone" and that the drug, produced by San Diego-based Mapp Biopharmaceutical, is "not going to be available anytime soon." Asked about a second experimental drug, made by Canada's Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp, he said it "can be quite difficult for patients to take." Frieden said the doctor and the patient's family would decide whether to use the drug, but if "they wanted to, they would have access to it."

UK Reuters Source
edit on 5-10201410-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

The Nebraska hospital last month also treated and released, Dr. Rick Sacra, an American missionary who also contracted Ebola in Liberia. Sacra was admitted to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts on Saturday for a likely respiratory infection that is not believed to be a recurrence of the disease, hospital officials said.

2nd UK Reuters Source

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Gotta love ATS. Just a few weeks ago anything the Israeli media put out was considered propaganda and lies by the majority on this site. Then a single Israeli news source says Duncan is dead and all of a sudden that is Gospel.

Well, since I fully expected that any news of his death, or any further sickness of his contacts, would be hidden until it got leaked out to another source, it did not surprise me to see the report on an Israeli news site.

Hoax...or premonition? At this point it appears they jumped the gun and that would make it a hoax.

HOWEVER - with all the LIES that the administration, the CDC, the NIH, the governor and mayor of Dallas, and that stupid judge have been telling all week, and with every other story recently having been leaked rather than reported, we can't put this in the hoax bin yet.

It is very possible they will report he died on Monday or Tuesday...and later we will find out he died Saturday night from some leaked source. Watch for it!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ryan Sloane ‏@RyanSloaneCNN 44 mins44 minutes ago

Contrary to prior media reports, #Ebola patient Thomas Duncan is *NOT* dead. Duncan's nephew confirms to #CNN he is still alive.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I couldn't agree more Des.

The interview he gave was more than ridicules.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
But how is this good for Israel? Why would they break the news before American news medias? I would think they would want them ratings themselves? Unless of course, their is an Israeli who works at that hospital that phoned the news to Israel, which would be weird too. Something fishy about this. I don't believe anything that comes out of Israel.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Fylgje because: unforgivable typo

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Here's a 30 days later update on those numbers.

Immigrants from Ebola outbreak nations caught along the border

During the 2013 fiscal year, statistics from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website show Border Patrol agents apprehended 112 immigrants from Guinea, 231 from Liberia and 145 immigrants from Sierra Leone, which are the three countries currently experiencing the most cases of Ebola.

More here

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is supposedly an update from Duncan's nephew.

Thomas Eric Duncan is unconscious, his kidneys have failed, he cannot breathe on his own and is using a ventilator, according to Duncan’s nephew. ABC News reported that although the hospital is only describing Duncan as “critical,” his family, who is quarantined in a home in Dallas, has provided striking details on Duncan’s condition.
Read more at www.brennerbrief.com...

At link is a good timeline and his details on his travels before arriving in the U.S. Maps on his travels included.

Des

edit on 5-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Great sleuthing, Destiny.
Me, I think Duncan is dead*.
I suppose the announcement will be made at an optimal time: to not upset Wall Street. I'm betting it will be bookended between other scorching news. You know, pile on the agony. When it comes to fretting, give the public a choice: Ebola, ISIL, or (the next crisis).

*Or technically alive on the ventilator and dialysis...until the time is right and someone shuts off the machines.

edit on 5-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Especially ahead of a big football game and amidst the state fair.

I am sick t my stomach of either ineptbess, or if it's not monstrously stulid then it is on purpose.

In that case we beed lots of r***s and t***s.

Fill in the blank
edit on 5-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The mossad is the premier, number one spy agency in the world. No one else even comes close to being as good. I would believe them long before I'd believe the US government.

Also figuring anyone could announce that ahead of time and probably be right. We have been hearing about his declining condition. So the Israelis jump the gun and garner some attention. Good for publicity (they need some good publicity) and good advertising for their spy prowess.

Which didn't do anything but be first to announce the inevitable.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

if he is dead, what it shows is that, unless your getting the experimental drugs, the odds of you surviving fall within the general populace. Getting first world care would have made no difference. He was under the massive sepsis protocol, which means basically his body is shutting down. He's on a breathing machine and getting dialysis. It doesn't bode well if it takes a foothold in this country.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I thought Duncan's nephew was in quarantine, and Duncan is unresponsive and on a ventilator?

If so, he didn't talk to him on the phone, or see him in the hospital...so he has to hear it from the same officials as we do.

I smell a big stinking rat here.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's speculated around here (Dallas) that he actually died this morning. They have no reason to announce it publicly right now and every reason to keep it hidden. They're trying to avoid a panic by keeping the media blacked out on this. They will only come out and announce when they've figured out who's dealing with the corpse, which is highly infectious right now. They will likely tell us (probably tomorrow or Tuesday), that he died in the wee hours of Monday morning (a lie, but whatever) and that he's already been transported off of Texas Presbyterian property.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
If he is in fact dead, then this goes to show that even with all of our medical technology we cannot overcome this disease. Not saying every case will have this outcome, but maybe it's time we realize that we aren't top dog on this planet.

This is actually NOT news. No, there is no cure or vaccine for Ebola, between 50%-90% of those sick die.
Did you not know that?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Has it occurred to anybody that Israel is a day ahead, and IF they are claiming he is already dead before they do here, this is all a dam set up? As if hoax to spread fear and rip us off of more of our rights.

Don't get me wrong. I am on panic mode, as I live in Dallas. That does not mean is real or not.
As barbarino would say: I am confused!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join