It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIALS LOOK FOR POSSIBLE EBOLA PATIENT CONTACT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sunday, October 05, 2014
DALLAS -- Authorities in Dallas are trying to locate a homeless person who might have had contact with the lone Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S.

Dallas County Judge Clay Lewis Jenkins didn't identify the person, whom he described as a "low-risk individual identified as a contact." He stressed that the effort to locate the person was precautionary and that the person had not committed a crime.

Source

I just could not believe it can get any worse and then I read this.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If this homeless guy did in fact have contact with Duncan, and is infected, then we have a problem.

Dallas has a HUGE homeless problem, and I'm sure this guy will have infected other homeless people.

As a truckdriver I get through Dallas rather frequently. The entrance and exit ramps for the highways are full of people begging for money, food, etc. They come in contact with dozens of commuters on a daily basis.

Let's hope this guy isn't infected. If he is then this whole situation just ramped up significantly.

edit on 5-10-2014 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

He's probably sitting under a bridge sharing his blanket and bottle with those other unfortunates.

This whole fiasco shows everyone how unprepared we are for ebola.

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

You are right!

One of the most dangerous person to contract the virus would be a homeless person! Shelters, Bins, Benches, Beds, Shared food.... the list goes on...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He could be anywhere there or elsewhere by now probably. Contact with others, possibly transient to other areas. Quite a few homeless shelters to check around in - map of shelters if he utilizes those, but if instead at camps or people's homes, wow...

Hope they find him ASAP.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just now heard on the radio (94.9 CBS for CT/RI/Long Island) that they have found him. I apologize for the lack of a link.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This Keystone Cops routine is the epitome of Gallows humor.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, can we all now agree that we are governed and at the whim of idiots?

Hey, Obama....can we stop bringing Ebola in to the US? I'd appreciate your assistance in the matter.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

I've seen this comment in a facebook thread and asked for a link from them, but I consider this cross verification.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hopefully they did in fact find him.

I am just now feeling concerned about Ebola, mainly with the Holidays coming up. All of the masses in the US flying here and flying there.

We have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas coming up.

IF this is going to run rampant quick it will be terrible come the first of the year!

It is my understanding this guy in Dallas has been around a lot of people and it will take DAYS for these people to show symptoms.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

They found the guy and he's now being monitored.

Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the person was in a group of 38 people who may have had contact with the Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan

So there are 37 left..

Officials said the homeless man is believed to have ridden in the same ambulance that transported Duncan

Wow in the same ambulance??

CBSnews

By the way, why the Caps in the title???

edit on 5-10-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Dallas homeless man who rode in ambulance after #Ebola patient found in N. Dallas about 30 mins ago. He's been taken to Parkland Hospital.

Wonder why the took him to a different hospital? Wouldn't it make more sense to take him to the same hospital as the Ebola patient?

I know he hasn't tested positive as yet...but just in case, why expose another hospital?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

By the way, why the Caps in the title???

Copied verbatim from the source so, yes all caps.

Thank you for linked verification.

Add this to the link posted by DWW in the Dallas thread, and we can then see how the chest puffed attitude of 'we got this' is justified, Shirley?

There may have been just a little bit of sarcasm laced within that last question.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
First US Ebola Patient Dies

Thomas A. Duncan, who became ill with Ebola after arriving from West Africa in Dallas two weeks ago, succumbed to the virus today (Sunday), reports Reuters. Duncan was fighting for his life at a Dallas hospital on today after his condition worsened to critical, according to the director of the US Centers for Disease Control.

Source

Nothing from U.S. Media as yet.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You would think US Media would be confirming his death, but I haven't found anything yet accept from Israel.

I did read this..

"The virus is spreading so fast that it's hard to keep up," the CDC director said.
www.cnn.com...

It is sad that our officials are being sloppy and not doing what they need to do to prevent the spread here in the US.

new topics

top topics

join