It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha
"Believing in Jesus gives you an excuse to be a bad person because you can just ask the priest to absolve you of your sins. "

Funny...i don't know a single Christian that believes that. I guess we travel in different circles.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Of course Jesus never existed. God doesn't exist, therefore Jesus can't exist.

Simple really.

And how do you "KNOW" that? Well, you don't of course. So, let's add the following before your post. "It is my belief..." Simple really.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VVV88
"Believing in Jesus gives you an excuse to be a bad person because you can just ask the priest to absolve you of your sins. "

Funny...i don't know a single Christian that believes that. I guess we travel in different circles.

If you don't mind me asking what denomination are you.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The Romans kept pretty meticulous records, and someone that was followed in such a way as Jesus would have been recorded in the historical record.

There is no mention of Jesus or any person like him in the records of the ruler Herod, or in the records of Pontius Pilate.

No record of him between birth and 33 years of age exist, anywhere, This is admitted in The Bible. Even Christians acknowledge that the New Testament really takes place over about 2-3 years of His life, from age about 30, the Crucifixion supposedly took place about age 33. Many suspect that he went to India to learn from mystics (if indeed he existed at all). It would have been extremely rare for the son of a carpenter to have done anything other than be a carpenter's apprentice from a very young age, but yet Jesus doesn't seem to have any carpentry skills at all, at least none that are talked about in The Bible. It also would have been very strange for a penniless couple to send their only son away to be educated, in an era when the first born son would have been obligated to take over the family business.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If Jesus existed or not I think is besides the point, really people should ask themselfs why does this wrung them up the way it does? After all its just words on a page, but I suppose some can not life outside the group paradigm. Every peoples and nation back then had there own self serving system to protect themself, from the Romans, to the Egyptians to the Hebrews, to every other culture, tribe and peoples that came before them, and all are merely created for the single purpose to pass itself on.

It is literally like a virus, or the way memes spread on the internet cats or not cats being involved. In all like I said if Jesus existed or not really does not matter, most people take what they want to see from all religions anyways. And yes there are groups which use and have used that to there purposes, after all it takes all kinds, and really everything in time just blends together, till eventually it just becomes to much to even support the new renditions, on the old renditions, which were renditions, on a even older renditions of the current rendition.

I personally think some of the messages in the bible or that were supposedly spoken by Jesus are spot on, and others I do not really agree with, and for me at least that is all there is to it, and if he existed or not I really dont care as I can only respond with what is present and in front of me and relate it to other things and experiences, and not postulations on things which may or may not have existed. But I could say the same of every other historical character or religion or believe out there.

To some I can only answer. OK! Hmm! Cool story bro. And you say millions of people believe this? Wow imagine that! I see no reason to make more of it then it is. But hey people are free to do as they please, it does tend to make things more entertaining especially when they get all heated up about who's invisible friend is better.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Why does it matter if Jesus Christ really existed and, therefore, Christianity is true? Because cultish Christianity is unhealthy and, in some cases, abusive and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

To answer your question, the #1 reason you saw this in a "news" publication, is because it's sensational! And, let's be honest, that's really all the media cares about, anyway...

As for the article... I agree that, as some have mentioned, there could be a whole slew of reasons, why Christ was not mentioned in the author's obviously hand-picked "texts" of the era. But I'm not going to get into that...

Why not, instead, let's list all of the texts and manuscripts that DID contain references to Jesus! On second thought, that would take up WAY too much time, and the best of them are probably sitting near many of the readers of this post anyway! So, the point won't go unnoticed!

Let's, instead, consider the time frame, relative to written texts! The medium of the day was, let's see...Stone. Papyrus. Clay tablets. And, then a bit later, Vellum and Animal skins, etc...

Man! I wonder how many of these extremely fragile documents, still exist today? Perhaps, in private collections of the uber rich?? Or, in the Vatican, where low oxygen vaults are used? What's that? The general public doesn't have access to these sacred writings?

Wow...Well, luckily for us, many of those same individuals who gladly gave their lives in Martyrdom, for their Faith and belief in Jesus Christ, were able to copy all of the original texts before they were lost or destroyed!

I'm glad that these men loved Christ so fervently, and had so many other Godly men around, who equally loved the Lord, to keep all of these manuscripts safe, and ensure that all of the copies were written verbatim! We wouldn't want a bunch of our enemies, who constantly try to pervert and distort the Truth, to say that they have been re-written and added to before they were properly disseminated!

But anyway...

According to Halley's, there still exist about six thousand documents (that's 6,000 +/- vs. 126) referencing the Christ! But, I guess that those wouldn't have made for such a sensational story, though...Would they?

edit on 10/6/2014 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You either believe it or you don't Windword you know that.
I can see perfectly how it all is true. You refuse too. And that's
about it. I'll tell you this much tho my long time fellow member.

I'm really happy and I know I'm gonna die that way.
Speaking for myself only even death has lost it's sting.
Good luck to you in the times ahead. You know I
mean that.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Well there was always stories about the existence of Jesus but not in a major news Publication especially one with clout, for one thing it would run the risk of alienating readership for last time I checked Britain was still an overwhelmingly Christian nation,this would be magazine or tabloid stuff ,perhaps a docu drama so the editors are putting their paper on the line like this is a serious matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yeah let's just forget all the good that Christians do and focus on the few bad apples that permeate all walks of life. Forget all the homeless we feed, clothe, and shelter. Forget all the orphans we adopt. Forget all the drug addicts and alcoholics we rehabilitate. Forget all the battered women we protect. Forget all the electricity bills and mortgage payments we help struggling families with. Forget it all.

Yeah, we're just a bunch of self righteous, self glorifying bastards. The world would be much better off without us.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

Well there was always stories about the existence of Jesus but not in a major news Publication especially one with clout, for one thing it would run the risk of alienating readership for last time I checked Britain was still an overwhelmingly Christian nation,this would be magazine or tabloid stuff ,perhaps a docu drama so the editors are putting their paper on the line like this is a serious matter.

That's one way to look at it...

Of course, they could just use this to make some ad money, and then print a nice little retraction on the back page, a few months from now...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Yeah let's just forget all the good that Christians do and focus on the few bad apples that permeate all walks of life. Forget all the homeless we feed, clothe, and shelter. Forget all the orphans we adopt. Forget all the drug addicts and alcoholics we rehabilitate. Forget all the battered women we protect. Forget all the electricity bills and mortgage payments we help struggling families with. Forget it all.

Yeah, we're just a bunch of self righteous, self glorifying bastards. The world would be much better off without us.

I don't think it have anything to do with individuals my elders were good Christians especially the matriarchs,they volunteered their time looking after the sick and cooking a good meal for the hungry and showed genuine love for all mankind..but there is something within the doctrine itself that will drive people to murder ,look ordinary Muslims also feed the hungry clothe the poor etc and are generally good folks,again there is that buut!!..

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
There is no mention of Jesus or any person like him in the records of the ruler Herod, or in the records of Pontius Pilate.

This isn't rocket science...

It's obvious why this is so.

You must realize what Jesus was doing: exposing the elites & bankers of his day.

WHY would the MSM of Jesus' time want to do ANYTHING that would give Him free publicity?

Hellooo!

Remember, these are the SAME people that silenced EVERY person who has had the ability to change the world.

We've been lied to since the beginning of TIME about EVERYTHING that matters!

WHY should THIS subject be any different.

The Brotherhood of the Snake has been in the biniz' of covering up history since history began...

History has always been used as a very effective form of propaganda.

Don't be so gullible.

"It was also illegal to record any history in Egypt that made the Pharaoh look bad. That is why they did not record the God of the slaves whooping their butts. If any scribe did that, he probably would have been killed. As an Atheist friend of mine who loved Egypt told me, Egyptian history was basically propaganda."

Making the Historical truth Disappear: An unperson is a person who has been "vaporized"; who has been not only killed by the state, but effectively erased from existence. Such a person would be written out of existing books, photographs, and articles so that no trace of their existence could be found in the historical record. The idea is that such a person would, according to the principles of doublethink, be forgotten completely (for it would be impossible to provide evidence of their existence), even by close friends and family members. Rewriting History and Making Facts Disappear

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Guys, come on now you're not using your brains!!! Of course jesus existed! I mea it says so in the Bible and that is the word of god! And god don't tell no lies! m'kay?

Sorry what? God doesn't exist? OMG The blasphemy! God said in his book you would say that!!! You see how right he is??? Just more proof Jesus existed... owwww yeah!

Feel the burn! XD

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

really? i know a lot of Christians that have sex pre maritally then go to the priest so he can absolve them every single week...
I also realize that Christians don't actually believe this, its just a loop hole originally designed to make that money...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Personally, I consider it quite a stretch to compare any form of Catholicism to Christianity.

Christians do not typically worship a display of Christ's dead body hanging from the cross!

We do recognize an empty cross though...Because, "He is Risen"!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah, we're just a bunch of self righteous, self glorifying bastards.

That's what you took away from that video?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt
Personally, I consider it quite a stretch to compare any form of Catholicism to Christianity.

Christians do not typically worship a display of Christ's dead body hanging from the cross!

We do recognize an empty cross though...Because, "He is Risen"!

And Catholics think any other form of Christianity that came after them are cults that they have to tolerate,and lets not kid ourselves the breakaway denominations still have" pagan" icon as their symbols

This includes Islamic architecture as well

All are phalic symbols for Osiris's missing male member folks can recognize it or ignore it but it's there.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Of course Jesus never existed. God doesn't exist, therefore Jesus can't exist.

Simple really.

And how do you "KNOW" that? Well, you don't of course. So, let's add the following before your post. "It is my belief..." Simple really.

Go ahead.. prove God exists. Simple really.

Oh yeah, that's right...you can't because he doesn't. Simple really.
edit on R212014-10-06T01:21:39-05:00k2110Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

Excellent quote that talks about religion using Jesus as a 'hook' to lure people in, by ex-Catholic & ex-satanist Ana Mendez Ferrell (@ 3 min.):

He will disguise himself as an angel of light and in every false religion the name of Jesus is there as the hook that makes them believe that something is real there. ~ Ana Mendez Ferrell

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join