It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I can't say one way or the other as I think it's all nonsense as it is written today. If we got it as it was written and intended it would be a very different thing.

Ps. think about his last name for conspiracy sake. Paulkovich

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've not read the whole thread but it does make me laugh when people use passages from the Bible as proof of this man's existence.

Its like asking a liar if he's telling the truth.

Personally I don't give a rats backside if a person called Jesus ever lived, I do however despise the continued plugging of a god that never existed and its supposed importance over our way of life. Its a fairy story written by NUMEROUS authors, word of God my backside, words from man.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
I've not read the whole thread but it does make me laugh when people use passages from the Bible as proof of this man's existence.

Personally I don't give a rats backside if a person called Jesus ever lived, I do however despise the continued plugging of a god that never existed and its supposed importance over our way of life. Its a fairy story written by NUMEROUS authors, word of God my backside, words from man.

What makes me laugh are discussions about the man that disregards, a priori, witness testimony.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
I'm blaming all the worlds religions for the destruction of Earth and the ignorance of its people.

Please show me where Jesus mentioned to take care of the Earth? I can't find it for the life of me.

"When in doubt, just make it up.. Other's will applaud you, agree with you, and defend you in believing everything you want, except the truth.
The truth will get you harassed, kicked, and bruised. "

It works both ways. More so in my case because i'm the one bringing truth while you are the one providing absolutely no evidence while arguing a point that has no merit whatsoever.

You say that Jesus didn't approve of astrology, divination, and sorcery. This obviously designed to keep you away from the truth. The whole bible is astrology. Jesus himself is the Sun. Of course they don't want you looking into astrology, its the easiest way to prove Jesus nonexistence.

As for sorcery and divination... Words that describe true spirituality only given a negative connotation through Jesus' teachings. Sorcery and divination is learning how to use your consciousness properly and to the best of your ability. This is the spirituality being ripped from Christianity right in from of your face.

Christianity is materialism at its core.

You are twisting it all so it suits your biased and uneducated opinion, that is all.

Your bias is transparent. Bias causes lack of investigation because the outcome is already predetermined by your "made up arguments" But nothing is true about what you said, not even for Islam, and they are not excused either. Just because they have twisted their understandings on their own to suit an agenda of BS, doesn't mean they don't know when they are doing wrong. You can't escape that as a human unless you are mentally retarded.

When people do evil, and try and blame it on a religion, even if the religion is telling them to do evil, does not include a neutral mind that can't see the evil. If they wanted to see it.

So, your argument is pure BS and isn't supported by anything.

Also, Christianity has nothing at all to do with materialism, it is the opposite. Try reading the Gospels and see for yourself if you can stand to learn anything.

When you are biased you are transparent, and not impressing anyone except others who are biased with you..

Happy biasing to your future.

edit on 9-10-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

What makes me laugh are discussions about the man that disregards, a priori, witness testimony.

What witness testimony? Be precise.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Logarock

What witness testimony? Be precise.

Probably like when he was alone in the garden while his disciples were asleep yet they know what happened (angels appeared etc), what he did and what he said, just before he was dragged off by the Romans. Especially written as a "3rd person" account the way it is, doesn't make it seem like a made up fictional story at all... sounds completely legit.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The Horus story actually evolved over a long period, there are a few different versions of his conception / birth.
If i remember correctly one of the earlier stories even has Horus and Isis as siblings.
Just shows how certain myths and legends can evolve to suit the current needs of the community.
If we are going to compare stories/myths/religions we cannot just choose what we want from them to suit our belief otherwise we will end up with a thousand versions.

PS. These are just my opinions based on what i have read on the subject, and could be completely wrong

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

These are stories promulgate by Christians because their "Mary" wasn't the original "virginal" mother of a god. Isis was. Can you show me where it's inscribed on temple or pyramid walls that Isis masturbated with a golden phallus and became pregnant?

There is what's written in "The Hymn of Osiris" and what's written on the pyramid walls, that tell the story of Isis assuming the image of a Hawk and hovering over Osiris, much like the myth of the dove that hovered over Jesus after his baptism.

The Tablet of Isis

Tradition teaches that the goddess ISIS was instructed by Hermes or Thoth, the god of magick, writing and words. By magick power ISIS promulgated writing and learning, caused men to love women, was the protectress of sailors and all vessels that sail the seas. She provided law and justice and instructed mankind in the sacred mysteries. In ISIS, truth is made perfect and beautiful.

The inscription from her temple at Sais reads: “I am Isis, I am all that is, that has been, and that will be, and no mortal has ever yet withdrawn my veil.” To the Initiates of her mysteries, she lifts her veil – but they are to remain forever silent about what they have seen.

edit on 11-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing. Coincides most of what I've found(despite an earlier comment claiming I did not research because of sharing a list connected to Zeitgeist).

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are most always three sides to EVERYTHING in this physical realm. Every subject is going to have the Protagonist (White side of Yang with dot of Black) Antagonist (Black side of Yin with dot of White) and the GREY AREA which is the Neutral party.

Where it may be safe to stay in the "Grey Area" when it comes to religion or politics; you will usually find that person almost stepping over the line to either side. Most often the job of Apologetics (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense") is the discipline of defending a position (often religious) through the systematic use of information.

I found the book "Ancient Evidence for the Life of Jesus: Historical Records of His Death and Resurrection" by Gary Habermas to be AN on point Evangelical Protagonist to support that Christ did in fact exist in history.

According to Wiki:

Habermas is Distinguished Professor of Apologetics and Philosophy and chairman of the department of philosophy and theology at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.[1] He holds a Ph.D. (1976) from Michigan State University in the area of History and Philosophy of Religion and an M.A. (1973) from the University of Detroit in Philosophical Theology.[2] He has specialized in cataloging and communicating trends among scholars in the field of historical Jesus and New Testament studies. In 1985, Dr. Gary Habermas and Antony Flew debated the question of Jesus' resurrection as a literal and historical/physical event, before a crowd of 3000 people. Five philosophers and five professional debate judges judged the debate. Of the philosophers who judged on the content of the debate, four voted that Habermas won and the other was undecided. Of the debate judges who voted on debate technique, three voted for Habermas while two voted for Flew.[3] The debate was published as a book under the title Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? The Resurrection Debate (Harper & Row).

Now if you prefer to see the Protagonist view of the historical Jesus from a NON Evangelical point of view then take a look at "Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth" by Bart Ehrman. Ehrman is a former Christian fundamentalist turned Agnostic.

You may want to visit Richard Carrier's works "Proving History" and "On the Historicity of Jesus."...IF you are more inclined to the Antagonist view of Historical Evidence for Christ. Richard Cevantis Carrier (born December 1, 1969) is an atheist activist. You can even find reference in either of their wiki's where they debated each others works on their blogs.

Keep in mind there are so many references out there either for or against or neutral for Jesus and His historical importance or existence. All the religions or philosophy or scholars or spiritual-non spiritual entities....they all of something to say. And I am NOT the person to tell you if they are right or wrong or BOTH! YOU ARE!

Now the beauty of this life is free will. So it is your choice on what you choose to believe. TO ME; faith is just that....what you believe. I am pretty sure with the technology we have today you are going to be able to find people who will be able to refute everything or some of what you believe...or support everything or some of what you believe....or again stand neutral.

So here it is....Your choice. Your life. Your belief. Because even NON BELIEF is a belief if you really think about it. The best part is that you GET to decide. You ...this little speck in any UNIVERSE. Do your research.....challenge your mind...search....

I hold my beliefs sacred and I would be a liar if I told you they NEVER changed. They do CONSTANTLY.
I refuse to stand in judgement; so I provided you with a glimpse of what is out there.
A long time ago I wanted us all to live in peace.....and that dream hasn't died.
BUT I realized that our differences make us interesting.
How boring is it to have everyone be a PEN but there be no PAPER to write on.

Peace,
Sheri

edit on 13-10-2014 by poetrysoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2014 by poetrysoul because: Grammer

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We absolutely are caretakers of the earth, and there will be a new heaven and a new earth, and the lion will lie down with the lamb, and we will know peace, and death will be conquered, there will be no more tears.

Jesus lives within in my heart, my soul, my consciousness, in my subconsciousness, I am surrounded by the holy spirit.

My hundred and one year old aunt recent had a major stroke, she woke up due to new technology, and the first words out of her mouth to the nurse were, Do you know who died for you?

No thought,for herself no fear.

101 years of unwavering faith, I don't ever remember not believing, I am 64, Jesus has always been in my memory and walked with me when there was no one else, essentially we are alone,

Oh someone can hold you hand and try and comfort you, but if you can find that sacred place where you walk with god, you will never be alone. I have found it at times.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

This one is for you dear aunt Elizabeth
edit on 083131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yea know.... if Jesus was made up don't you think they would have a better story then a poor carpenter being born in a barn that performed miracles and preaches extreme pacifism ?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Yea know.... if Jesus was made up don't you think they would have a better story then a poor carpenter being born in a barn that performed miracles and preaches extreme pacifism ?

Or the fact he had female disciples, whom he treated as equals (unheard of at the time), was born of a virgin who was accused of adultery (seems like if you wanted to invent the virgin birth it might be better just to leave Joseph out of the story in the first place?) was crucified (one of the most shameful ways you could be killed), etc etc.

I could go on and on and on. Infact I have, but those that have already made up their minds don't bother reading any of it anyways. Credit to windword, at least he/she actually reads what the opposing viewpoint has to say (even if little of it seems to stick
).

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Well that may depend on who wrote it and for what purpose
.Ie Render unto Caesar the thing that are Caesar's
Pay your damn taxes and stop complaining.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.
Shut-up and do not rebel no matter what massa do or say to you..as a matter of fact be a brown nose kiss ass.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
In other words beat him/her within an inch of his life should he refuse to bale that cotton,or she said....no massa please not tonite I have a headache.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Be a good slave to massa as you would to Christ,massa and Christ are one.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

I don't know about but the meek and humbleness stuff I would not go for it ,seems like a religion tailor made for slaves written by a slave holder which is what I think it was..how do the above not contradict...GIVE ME LIBERITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Or my own take on it GIVE ME LIBERITY OR I"LL GIVE U DEATH!

edit on 14-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

isiopolis.files.wordpress.com...

Dont know the whole story behind the pic, just thought id share.
Certainly seems to be a phallic shaped branch that bird is perched on

edit on 14/08/2013 by Dmvr34 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yea know.... ifJesus was made updon't you think they would have a better story then a poor carpenter being born in a barn that performed miracles and preaches extreme pacifism ?

About the mythology you'd expert from subjugated, backward, highly superstitious ancient peasants. There is much better and more colourful mythology to be found elsewhere. Even for their time, you've got to wonder if some of these people were playing with a full deck of cards. Literary giants they certainly weren't.

Yeah, extreme pacifism requiring being nailed to a cross and tortured...then blaming everyone else for it...oh the irony.

If it wasn't made up, you'd think someone might have been interested enough to verify some of these amazing claims. It's a complete fairy story.

edit on 14-10-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yes, but the words of Jesus contradict the words of the apostles when it comes to slaves. Turn the other cheek and the golden rule is the message of Jesus and is universal. Paul was a major asshole but his teaching are still in the Bible.

I'm agnostic I don't like getting in these type of discussion with atheists and religious folks. Turns into a poo throwing contest about who is less educated and they end up insulting each other as you can see all over this thread.

You are both the same type of people on different sides of the fense

a lot of Atheists have become what they CLAIM TO hate the most. IGNORANT.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

What are you talking about? I said that a better story then a peasant man who lead people to love and pacifism in a violent time is NOT a good story. unlike Islam where Muhammad conquered mecca through the will of Allah (no offence to Islam just making a point)

and Jesus never blamed anyone for being nailed to the cross he did it willingly.

Thats why i can't call myself an Atheist because I respect people and their beliefs. I see so many Atheist insult people and calls them dumb or call it a "fairy story" it insults people.

I claim to know nothing and wanna learn through living and not insulting people

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I'm agnostic also,I don't know all there is to know about everything but I know bull when I sniff it,and a lot of folks here are fundamentalist which means everything in that book and it's contributors were inspired by the word of Gwaad! and cannot be revised , changed or read as fiction eveer !!!
edit on 14-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

At least you should know that that you are mainly referring to the old testament and surely you, at least, understand there is a difference. Beside that, the term "slave" is not the same as we know now. One important distinction is the lack of a solid monetary system, among other differences, that makes those quotes much different than what we would know today.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join