It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Jesus, if you're real, show yourself to me so that I know.

Build it and they will come.

There are tons of spirits and ghosts pretending to gods.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Build it and they will come.

There are tons of spirits and ghosts pretending to gods.

That's why your prayer must be specific to Jesus. Then the specific Jesus will reveal Himself to you.... Try it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don't pray to ghosts or disembodied spirits. I pray to my own higher self.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't pray to ghosts or disembodied spirits. I pray to my own higher self.

Good. Neither do I. You're in luck because Jesus is neither. He was resurrected, taking His transformed human body to Heaven.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Good rule of thumb is to not worship zombies either.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Food for thought!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yep. You're probably right about zombies.

You'll never know if Jesus is or not, because you don't want to ask.

Because you don't ask while you can - can cost you dearly in the future, with a retribution from the same One that you hesitated to ask now. That's an ironic twist, huh?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well, I guess that'll teach us!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

So I should ask because I'll regret it later if I don't believe? In other words eternal torment? LOL Belief through fear. Why do you Christians think that is such a good way to get converts?

By the way, I have asked before. I spent the first half of my life as a Catholic, then later as a non-denominational Christian. It wasn't until a few years back that I finally stopped being religious altogether. So your proselytism here isn't going to work on me if the preachers and chaplains I encountered throughout my life couldn't do it with theirs. I'm not superstitious.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

Yep. You're probably right about zombies.

You'll never know if Jesus is or not, because you don't want to ask.

Because you don't ask while you can - can cost you dearly in the future, with a retribution from the same One that you hesitated to ask now. That's an ironic twist, huh?

Ah, the inevitable threat when someone doesn't buy your pitch. Very predictable. This is all about your ego and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
I work with a guy whose grandfather died and came back to life. He said Jesus arrived in a light and told him it wasn't his time yet. Youtube is full of hundreds of these life after death and near death experience stories. They involve what is called a "Life Review". Here is one that involves Jesus and a Life Review of a lady:
youtube.com/watch?v=7BUxP_RaWb0

Howard Storm was an atheist who died and came back to life. He was on his way to Hell and Jesus saved him. He is now a Reverend. Check out his story on Youtube. There are a lot of the atheist type stories on Youtube. There are even web sites devoted to Near Death Experiences.

Here is one about a World War 2 fighter pilot who went down after getting hit by Japanese artillery. He was reincarnated. You have to read the whole article to understand it:
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1209795/Reincarnated-Our-son-World-War-II-pilot-come-life.html

I was an atheist from the time I was 30 years old to 50 years old and went back to God. Then I got under serious pressure. I prayed to God back in April that I was trying to tell atheist on the internet about there really being an afterlife. Both a Heaven and a Hell. A couple of nights later an Angel appeared. The first thing I saw was a wide opening with a dark red rock glowing background. It looked like a giant mantle of a fireplace. Then I saw an angel standing in a bright light. Then it switched to he was in my bedroom and told me telepathically that they wanted me to keep doing what I am doing. In my bedroom he was very large. Much larger than a human. He had no wings. And he looked like a Spirit or Ghost. Then it switched to where I was in the bright light again (Judgement seat) and he was now human looking but tall and looking right in my eyes up close and and turned and was walking up a few white steps through the light and gave me a stern and serious warning "Don't do drugs". And he turned and looked toward the big fireplace opening - Profile. Then I woke up the next morning. I knew in the first second that it was very real. I had no control over the situation at all. Nothing is hidden. Research the "Life Review" to see what I am saying.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

And you are blaming the earths current system of material worship on Christianity?

Jesus didn't teach Christianity. There is no institution that is more material than the Catholic Church, in my opinion.

Yes, the Catholic church does do many materialistic things, I have seen it with my own eyes inside a Catholic church, but they just have things like craft sales to raise money. What they do with the money I don't know for sure, probably it goes to good causes in most cases.
I haven't been to church in many months myself, but materialism isn't something it teaches at all. What does that for us is how our world societies have trained us in. We go to work to make money, to buy things and pay bills etc. I spend all my money on guitars and junk like that, amps, keyboards.. My wife doesn't like it. I am myself a bit materialistic because I want more money, but I don't expect to get it unless I earn it.

Everyone is a bit of a materialist since our entire life is built upon material things. What the church as far as Christian churches teach me is to not focus only on gaining those things, but to try and help people in dire straights in many ways. My church has never taught me to harm someone, or do anyone any harm in any way. I see only good things coming from what Jesus taught, and he lives today. I have spoken to him, and seen his living spirit. Faith is only the beginning. After that, anything is possible with Christ, and he has saved my life a number of times, or I would already be dead from 3 different accide3nts that started to happen, but stopped before they did.

I have had demons telling me to do things before, and seen them, and heard them viciously verbally attacking and controlling other people.
If half of the deniers of Christ just on this website knew and saw and heard the things I have experienced, your life would never be the same again.
Everyone has to be materialistic in some ways, or you couldn't even give to a needy person. The idea is seek in moderation and don't only think of thyself. It is a start at least.
And people don't have to be religious in any way to be good to others, but do it often enough, and with a humble mind, and new windows might open. Just try living and loving even those who are different and in bad ways, but just hope for them anyways. I am still learning at a late age to be better to others without any expectation of being given something back for my efforts. It is all being recorded somewhere, everything we do, every day we live.

Not sure where all that came from, but thanks for your reply Windword.

All the best..

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Thanks for your thoughtful answer, NoCorruptionAllowed. I haven't been to church in a long time, either, but when I did go, our preacher was pretty interested in our money. There's a whole Doctrine of Prosperity.

I see only good things coming from what Jesus taught,

Jesus did teach mostly good things. But some of things he taught lead us down the wrong path, in my opinion.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Thanks to this ^^^ We got Christians praying for, and, attempting to speed God's hand by helping to cause Armageddon, so that the world can finally end! The part that I have bolded, I find to be especially irresponsible talk for a god/man.

and he lives today. I have spoken to him, and seen his living spirit.

The fact that people claim to be visited by the spirit of Jesus does nothing to prove whether or not this Jesus Christ person existed as a real human man.

edit on 8-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
This doesn't prove that Jesus never existed, but only how obscure he was in his own lifetime. From reading the Gospel, you should understand that the people he preached to numbered only a few thousands. It was left to the disciples to spread the message after his death. Christianity spread slowly by word of mouth over the next few centuries.

The SON OF GOD, is not going to be OBSCURE, thanks for proving the point any skeptic would and IS MAKING.

You deal with that much purity, honesty and power, OBSCURITY would not CANNOT follow, LOL!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami
a reply to: booyakasha

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. Revelation14

Revelation 11 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Anyone who actually reads this, and does not see that some really strange, and dangerous beings that DO NOT CARE about Earth or its inhabitants, but are playing some war games with the peoples, need to sit back and take another look, instead of feeling it as some kind of TRUTHFUL GOD STORY.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Also, why are there no commandments about taking care of the Earth and not plundering all its resources? Why didn't Jesus mention anything about that?

Because Rome needed a religion that would allow materialism rather than spirituality to take hold. This corrupt system which is still in place today would have never been possible without Christianity.

Christianity, along with most other religions, is symbolic astrology force fed as truth to the masses, in order to to crush any notion of true spirituality.

Its been going on for 2000 years maybe longer, but Babylon is about to fall my friends.

Anyone who actually reads this, and does not see that some really strange, and dangerous beings that DO NOT CARE about Earth or its inhabitants, but are playing some war games with the peoples, need to sit back and take another look, instead of feeling it as some kind of TRUTHFUL GOD STORY.
or they could just use an honest eye and reason the facts though it was merely a response to another incorrect assumption

whose destroying the earth?

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. Revelation18

Most people in the West would be surprised by the answer to the question: who are the most persecuted people in the world? According to the International Society for Human Rights, a secular group with members in 38 states worldwide, 80 per cent of all acts of religious discrimination in the world today are directed at Christians.

The Centre for the Study of Global Christianity in the United States estimates that 100,000 Christians now die every year, targeted because of their faith – that is 11 every hour. www.independent.co.uk...

Persecution of Christians can be traced historically from the time of Jesus in the first century to the present time.[1]..has reported that over 100,000 Christians are violently killed annually because of some relation to their faith.[140] According to the World Evangelical Alliance, over 200 million Christians are denied fundamental human rights solely because of their faith.[141] Of the 100-200 million Christians under assault, the majority are persecuted in Muslim-dominated nations.[142] Christians suffer numerically more than any other faith groups or groups without faith in the world. Of the world's three largest religions Christians are the most proportionally persecuted with 80% of all acts of religious discrimination being directed at Christians[143] who only make up 33% of the world's population.[144]

2000years?

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

The Bolsheviks who murdered the Russian Tsar Family and worked themselves into the Russian government, created the Russian Revolution and are responsible for all the horrors that afflicted Russia after their hostile takeover. The annihilation numbers are claimed to be between..60 Million to 120 Million Russian citizens murdered by their own government. Many European citizens were captured in addition to this number between 1941 and 1950 and taken to Russian slave labor camps if they were not executed. www.germanvictims.com...

Madman who starved 60million to death: Devastating book reveals how Mao's megalomania turned China into a madhouse
www.dailymail.co.uk...

whose making war?

Revelation 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

His research shows that the death toll from democide is far greater than the death toll from war. After studying over 8,000 reports of government-caused deaths, Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century. According to his figures, six times as many people have died from the actions of people working for governments than have died in battle.

One of his main findings is that liberal democracies have much less democide than authoritarian regimes.[10] He argues that there is a relation between political power and democide. en.wikipedia.org...

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Revelation20

noticing a pattern?

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Galatians4

Why are Christians, as a new Pew report documents, the most persecuted religious group in the world? And why is their persecution occurring primarily throughout the Islamic world?..these faiths tend to be coterminous with their respective ethnicities: Buddhists, Asians; Judaism, Jews; Hinduism, Hindus.. www.frontpagemag.com...

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? Revelation13
edit on 9-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Actually Horus was conceived by his mother Isis after she fashioned a golden phallus for Osiris.
His (Osiris) original "member" was eaten by fish or crabs or some such after he was dismembered by Seth.
Isis retrieved all the parts of his body, except for his "family Jewels" and thus had to make said golden phallus.

The use of a phallus to conceive does not sound very virgin like imho.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'

Writer Michael Paulkovich has claimed that there is little evidence for a person known as Jesus existing in history
Jesus is thought to have lived from about 7BC to 33AD in the Roman Empire
However Paulkovich says he found little to no mention of the supposed messiah in 126 texts written in the first to third centuries
Only one mention of Jesus was present, in a book by Roman historian Josephus Flavius, but he says this was added by later editors
He says this is surprising despite the ‘alleged worldwide fame’ of Jesus
And this has led him to believe that Jesus was a 'mythical character'

The 126 texts he studied were all written in the period during or soon after the supposed existence of Jesus, when Paulkovich says they would surely have heard of someone as famous as Jesus - but none mention him.
'When I consider those 126 writers, all of whom should have heard of Jesus but did not - and Paul and Marcion and Athenagoras and Matthew with a tetralogy of opposing Christs, the silence from Qumram and Nazareth and Bethlehem, conflicting Bible stories, and so many other mysteries and omissions - I must conclude that Christ is a mythical character,’ he writes.
‘"Jesus of Nazareth" was nothing more than urban (or desert) legend, likely an agglomeration of several evangelic and deluded rabbis who might have existed.’
www.dailymail.co.uk... cal-character.html

Now this is not the first time I have heard such argument however I don't quite remember seeing such in a news publication,and while I am too cowardly edging my bets being a fence sitter agnostic I have to wonder why now what changed that a news organization would put that out there.

I've heard these theories before. Just because you are not mentioned by other people doesn't make you a completely made up character. I'd have to see some other form of evidence.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

The use of a phallus to conceive does not sound very virgin like imho.

That's actually untrue, however, magical conception is magical conception.

Isis was a virgin when she conceived Horus, by her own accounts, according to Egyptian mythology.

edit on 9-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Rustami

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. Revelation14

Revelation 11 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

You don't really mean truthful but rather a contradiction to the hand holding, kumbaya singing, love dripping candy land God some have fashioned, like an idol of wood and silver, and sold to modern society. The truth is even Jesus spoke of the terrible day of earth reckoning.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join