It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you read some things but not the above? I know what He said, I did'nt read it

..for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation19

but I tend to agree with the "being put off" part

edit on 7-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Useless bible passages aside, it's the truth. You can rationalize the mispronunciation all you want with all your religious sites that rationalize it for you, but at the end of the day you are using the wrong name. It's funny that such a thing is unacceptable and insulting between regular humans, but it is perfectly fine for the supposed son of god.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

again I'm sure the ETERNAL man knows how to pronounce His own name and many modern translations are accurate to the proper pronunciation and even provided ancient history to help you or whoever out to how they arrived at that conclusion.

And then EHYEH is a revelation of the Covenant God. So that these point to the fullness of the revelation of the GREAT name of Yehshas or Jesus as Creator God, the Blessing God, the Covenant God, and lastly the Saving God. Hence we have here that as the tabernacle and all the symbols and rituals of the Old Testament were TYPES and SHADOWS to be fulfilled and brought to their climax and completion with Christ and the New Testament Church WITH THE REAL, so all the temporary and substitute names and titles of God were only types and shadows of the REAL name of God revealed in Jesus Christ. So that the name of Jesus or Yehshas is not derived from any name of God, but visa versa, they were all derived from and point to Jesus Christ from which they all have their type.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.Hebrews1

In the ancient Egyptian script the cobra stood for both the letters "G" and "J" and since Moses transferred to the Paleo-Hebrew new word forms using the Egyptian language we expect these sounds to follow. And they did follow up to at least the Babel Babylonian adoption of Aramaic around 600BC.. By removing the pronounciation of the ancient "J" sound from the letter "I" this was accomplished. But, we see the majestic hand of God when the J sound was restored via a new and different method in the King James Version with the name of Jesus correctly pronounced.www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man[a] has come down from heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.www.biblegateway.com...

When it is properly understood that "Je" is the abbreviation of "YEH" or "JEH" the sacred name of God at the burning bush, and that "Uses or Usus" (these are the same), we have in the name of Jesus a very powerful new identity as the "GOD WHO SAVES BY WATER." So the name of Jesus in a shortened meaning would be simply Saviour! In the very name of Jesus we have the authority of our New Testament water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38).

The Egyptian language was made up of sounds. Partly of vowels and consonants, however; hieroglyphs constantly ignored and left out vowels. How a word sounds in hieroglyphics is more important than how it is spelled. - See more at: traveltoeat.com...

Hieroglyphs emerged from the preliterate artistic traditions of Egypt..Time period
3200 BC – AD 400 en.wikipedia.org...

All modern letters are conversions of ancient hieroglyphs

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Did you just requote the same passages from the previous page there? That's funny. I get it, you are ok with rationalizing misusing your prophet's name. It's no different than any of the other rationalizations that Christians do for any number of inconsistencies in their religion. But know this, it's things like that that turns disbelievers away. If you have to make all sorts of mental gymnastics in order to make your belief system work, then it's probably flawed. Though, in your defense, it's rather tough to get a believer to see that.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 131415

wow hey thanks!

I'll go a little further to say that Jes = sun in latin, which is why we say yes
Mary = mare = sea in latin, why we say we are sailing the virgin sea. The Virgin Mary = the virgin mare (when the sun rises it looks like it is being born from the sea...)

Jupiter= Peter, peter is known as "the rock" Jupiter the biggest planet in our solar system = The Rock

Mary Magdelen = the Moon
The moon is full 13 times out of the year
2 of the 13 full moons happen in one of the months
the months are made after constellations
The disciples are made after constellations
1 desciple get mary (the full moon) twice. hence the reason she is considered a whore.

Jesus fed the the masses with 2 fish and bread. 2 fish are the constellation pieces. For the last 2,000 years of Jesus' supposed existence he's been feeding the masses in the age of pieces.

We are now entering the age of Aquarius the water bearer. LUKE 22:10 Jesus words. He replied, "As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters," what could that be?

Did you know the zodiacal signs are called houses?

Genesis 32:30So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
The pineal gland is known as the seat of the soul. Funny how Jacob named the place pineal because he saw God...

Before christianity the ancient people still owned land. However no one owned the sun. You can't possible own the Sun. Therefore they called it Gods Sun because God owns it. They knew without the Sun life would not be possible on earth. Therefore they say, Gods Sun gives his live for us.

Why do people worship Jesus on Sunday? SUN day?

Judas betrayed Jesus with the kiss of death. Scorpions are known to give the kiss of death. Judas is symbolic for the Scorpio constellation.

Mathew Mark Luke and John, symbolic for our four season. Summer winter spring and fall.

I can go on and on. I think i've made my point. Its all symbolism. The planets and constellations effects on the seasons of human consciousness. Exactly why the elite are conditioning us to accept a new spiritual path. The water bearer (Aquarius) is supposedly going to expose the lies were were told in the age of Pisces.

And yes this is part of the fractal of consciousness. As above so below.

edit on 7-10-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you would like to learn more google Santos Bonacci and watch every one of his videos. It all starts making sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

again I posted the same information relative to the ancient history of the J sound because it seemed you missed it the first time and again also I did'nt arrive at a conclusion through reading, I heard Him myself audibly just as it was prophesied

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John5

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

well i don't know about all the other stuff your talking about, but there are two thoughts on why Sunday worship came about through the roman emperor Constantine incorporating pegan worship in Christianity so those that they were trying to convert would have greater ease in doing so.

then there are those that say early Christians met on the first day of the week in honor of the resurrection.

some say it was Paul who started it and use this verses to back it up.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
16 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

well i guess there werer three reasons or thoughts on Sunday.

most followers still at the time held to the Sabbath which was Saturday, and saw themselves as Hebrew/ Israelite/ Jewish and still followed the law given by Moses in the Ten Commandments command observance of the Sabbath because God rested on the seventh day. just as Jesus taught. if you don't believe he still followed and believed in the law, i give you this verse.

Matthew 5:17-19New American Standard Bible (NASB)
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not [a]the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever [c]keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

like i said all that other tripe you were spewing, i haven't got a clue.

edit on 7-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

All of Josephus references to Jesus, the Christ, are pious forgeries. I've already provided the link, twice.

So basically the defense on this one is everything that was written where there is mention is a forgery and what you happen to like is not a forgery.

I still recall a thread here where i asked the question about people who were thought to be real people and actually were made up. I DO NOT recall any intelligent answers someone even gave Paul Bunyan as a response.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now one theory in this thread is some rich people wrote the book on Jesus (created him from imagination) and people just believed he existed? This seems illogical and I cannot see this happening.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

People who worship on Satur day are worshipping Saturn. Saturn Day

Sunday = Sun day

Thusday = thors day = jupiters day

Mon day = moon day

the days of the week are the 7 visible orbs in the sky.

This was around loooooong before Jesus was born.

Jews blow the rams horn because that was the religion of the constellation Aries, the ram... Guess what comes next, pisces, the religion of Jesus.

All of the characters of the bibles names, words, and actions were attributed to them because they are planets and constellations.

I am saying the bible is symbolism based off the movements of the planets are stars.
Therefore you CAN'T use the bible to to explain why Christians worship on Sunday.

It's basically a switch from worshipping Saturn to worshiping the Sun. Saturn day or Sun day. Ancient "paganism"

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami

again I posted the same information relative to the ancient history of the J sound because it seemed you missed it the first time and again also I did'nt arrive at a conclusion through reading, I heard Him myself audibly just as it was prophesied

I didn't miss it. Like I said, I know how the name "Jesus" came about, but it doesn't make it correct to purposely continue to write it as such. Also, hearing voices in your head doesn't mean you are talking to god. You can pretend like that is the case, but it doesn't make it so.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John5

Ugh... Bible quotes... Just a heads up, they mean nothing. I usually gloss over them when people such as yourself insist on lacing all your posts with them. The only time I read them is when talking DIRECTLY about what is said in the bible. This conversation about Jesus' name isn't an example of that. In this case you are just padding out a short post with useless filler.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Its not terribly curious that a British tabloid like the Daily Mail would publish this story. The story, the headline alone, is an attention getter and the Daily Mail is ever fighting for more views, more subscribers, etc. Anyone in Great Britain who wants to impress their peer group with superior education, intelligence and modernity does so by regularly and in the right company, proclaiming themselves to be atheist. Now, with the rise of militant Islamists, and particularly in Great Britain, it has become fashionable to not only tout atheistic views, but anti-religious leanings as well. What I find particularly telling is that this appeared in the "Science" section of the Daily Mail. In the so-called advanced, Progressive, Western nations like Britain, Science is the new and only acceptable religion. As a result, anti-religious works posing as, or presented as, settled "Science" simply reinforces accepted thought and as such, has near become a business model.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
originally posted by: Rustami

I didn't miss it. Like I said, I know how the name "Jesus" came about, but it doesn't make it correct to purposely continue to write it as such.
obviously not that's exactly what I'm attempting to point out to you, uninspired men who have never heard His voice writing deceptive things, I wonder what their purpose is?

And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son? Luke20

Matthew 24 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn

Nowhere does he say the Fathers name, or is Jehovah used. In Jn. 5:13 he repeats it "that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." Meaning that we believe in the person who is the name that brings salvation, Jesus. Salvation is found in no other NAME.

If your calling on a name that is fictitious, that does not express who God is and is not the name we are told to call on in the Bible, will he acknowledge it? Yuor salvation depends on the gospel and who the son is.www.letusreason.org...

Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Also, hearing voices in your head doesn't mean you are talking to god. You can pretend like that is the case, but it doesn't make it so.
not in my head, an audible voice sitting to my left, like this

Luke 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

and this

and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest Acts9

and these

Hebrews 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice John5

etc.

Ugh... Bible quotes... Just a heads up, they mean nothing. I usually gloss over them when people such as yourself insist on lacing all your posts with them. The only time I read them is when talking DIRECTLY about what is said in the bible. This conversation about Jesus' name isn't an example of that. In this case you are just padding out a short post with useless filler.
directly as in direct revelation

and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus Acts5

The letter "v" (vau) was later changed into a Yiddish "w" (waw) sound and YaHweH became the more popular guess name of scholars.
Hebrew alphabet: The Hebrew letter "I" (Iod) underwent a change in pronunciation with German Yiddish influence. It is now known as the "yod or yud." There is no letter "y" in the ancient Hebrew language. The "Y" sound attributed to this letter was borrowed by Jews from the German language. The shape of the letter "I" or "yod" was derived from the Egyptian cobra which stood for the soft "g" and our letter "j" sound as in "jelly." Obviously if the letter J descends in Hebrew as the Iod and its sound in the form of the cobra was the soft "g" sound, the pronunciation of the name Jesus cannot be claimed to be a modern corruption.jesus-messiah.com...

"EHJEH ASHER EHJEH". (Pronouned I-Je Asher I-Je)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I could find 500 books from today that involve science and don't mention Stephen Hawking...Does that mean he doesn't exist?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I could find 500 books from today that involve science and don't mention Stephen Hawking...Does that mean he doesn't exist?

He would probably say. "In some dimension yes"

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You can also find a lot of books that Steven Hawking wrote himself... Show me one piece of Jesus' writing. The "son of God" comes to Earth and doesn't write down one single thing?

You know if Jesus had written anything it would be front and center in the Vatican for every single person to see that he is real.

We got nothing? Nothing at all? No one hid any of Jesus' writings?

All we have stories from people who didn't exist or were born after Jesus' time...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

So basically the defense on this one is everything that was written where there is mention is a forgery and what you happen to like is not a forgery.

It's not about what I like. It's about what scholars say, right?

Opinion on the authenticity of this passage is varied. Louis H. Feldman surveyed the relevant literature from 1937 to 1980 in Josephus and Modern Scholarship. Feldman noted that 4 scholars regarded the Testimonium Flavianum as entirely genuine, 6 as mostly genuine, 20 accept it with some interpolations, 9 with several interpolations, and 13 regard it as being totally an interpolation.

It is impossible that this passage is entirely genuine. It is highly unlikely that Josephus, a believing Jew working under Romans, would have written, "He was the Messiah." This would make him suspect of treason, but nowhere else is there an indication that he was a Christian. Indeed, in Wars of the Jews, Josephus declares that Vespasian fulfilled the messianic oracles. Furthermore, Origen, writing about a century before Eusebius, says twice that Josephus "did not believe in Jesus as the Christ."

Maurice Goguel offers a similar explanation for what would be silence of Josephus:

Since Josephus has been silent not only concerning Jesus, but also concerning Christianity, how is his silence to be explained? Uniquely by the character and the object of his work. The writer desired to flatter the Romans and gain their good graces. To do this he expunged from the picture he drew everything likely to offend or to excite their apprehension. Thus it is that he has scarcely at all spoken of the Messianic cult which nevertheless constituted the center of Jewish thought in the first century. That he did so was because this cult was a menace to Rome, for the Kingdom of the Messiah could only be built upon the ruins of the Empire. (p. 36)

Thus, even though Josephus may not have referred to Jesus, that does not necessarily imply that there was no historical Jesus. While a reference to Jesus would help substantiate the historicity of Jesus, it, by the same token, wouldn't necessarily settle the question outright, especially when the supposed reference is the subject of such severe textual difficulties. While the appeal to the text of Josephus is often made in the attempt to secure the place of Jesus as a figure in history, the text of Josephus itself is far too insecure to carry the burden assigned to it.

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

He would probably say. "In some dimension yes"

How did you make out with the list of people that were thought to have existed and were later found NOT to exist?

I recall you in that discussion as well and do not recall any remotely credible examples.

SO, here is the chance for anyone to give an example.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm guessing this "Michael Paulkovich" is another Christ-hating Jew, just like all the panel members of the "Freedom from religion board".
Jews have a history in playing as atheists in their attempts at discrediting Christianity.
edit on 7/10/2014 by alexball because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Harvin

It's not about what I like. It's about what scholars say, right?

Opinion on the authenticity of this passage is varied. Louis H. Feldman surveyed the relevant literature from 1937 to 1980 in Josephus and Modern Scholarship. Feldman noted that 4 scholars regarded the Testimonium Flavianum as entirely genuine, 6 as mostly genuine, 20 accept it with some interpolations, 9 with several interpolations, and 13 regard it as being totally an interpolation.

It is impossible that this passage is entirely genuine. It is highly unlikely that Josephus, a believing Jew working under Romans, would have written, "He was the Messiah." This would make him suspect of treason, but nowhere else is there an indication that he was a Christian. Indeed, in Wars of the Jews, Josephus declares that Vespasian fulfilled the messianic oracles. Furthermore, Origen, writing about a century before Eusebius, says twice that Josephus "did not believe in Jesus as the Christ."

Maurice Goguel offers a similar explanation for what would be silence of Josephus:

Since Josephus has been silent not only concerning Jesus, but also concerning Christianity, how is his silence to be explained? Uniquely by the character and the object of his work. The writer desired to flatter the Romans and gain their good graces. To do this he expunged from the picture he drew everything likely to offend or to excite their apprehension. Thus it is that he has scarcely at all spoken of the Messianic cult which nevertheless constituted the center of Jewish thought in the first century. That he did so was because this cult was a menace to Rome, for the Kingdom of the Messiah could only be built upon the ruins of the Empire. (p. 36)

Thus, even though Josephus may not have referred to Jesus, that does not necessarily imply that there was no historical Jesus. While a reference to Jesus would help substantiate the historicity of Jesus, it, by the same token, wouldn't necessarily settle the question outright, especially when the supposed reference is the subject of such severe textual difficulties. While the appeal to the text of Josephus is often made in the attempt to secure the place of Jesus as a figure in history, the text of Josephus itself is far too insecure to carry the burden assigned to it.

www.earlychristianwritings.com...

So this person believes that he could not write about Jesus for safety reasons BUT he did write about the followers? I dont see how that would help your argument.

I am referring to this little bit from your paste:

Thus it is that he has scarcely at all spoken of the Messianic cult which nevertheless constituted the center of Jewish thought in the first century. That he did so was because this cult was a menace to Rome, for the Kingdom of the Messiah could only be built upon the ruins of the Empire. (p. 36)

Also, no response on my other point in the post you were responding to? You really cannot come up with any either and let us see if Grimpachi's research bore out anything.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join