It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

There's a huge difference between a MAN named Jesus and the son of GOD named Jesus.

There most likely was a MAN named Jesus. Everything else is pure conjecture.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CheckPointCharlie
can any of the good researchers scrutinize this?

researcher claims to find eyewitness account of miracle in vaticN archives

I wouldn't put any stock into that claim at all. Looks like a fake news site, and every other place on the net that has the same article uses it as the source.

Nothing else on the internet about this from reputable sources, and it would be all over the news if it were true.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I think the the reasoning behind this thread is flawed.

From what I know the name 'Jesus' came much later, so to seek his name in history, and not finding it, proves nothing - since that (likely) was not his actual name, and one attributed to him later.

In the Nag Hammadi library - some of the oldest (or *the* oldest) 'Christian' texts, refer to him as "The Savior", no actual name.

For me, proof of his existence as a person comes from the story that 'The Savior' sent/requested Thomas, his brother, to go to India to spread the 'Gospel'. Reluctantly he went. He landed somewhere in southern India in Kerala and established a church. There to this day, remains the history of when he arrived and what exactly happened to him. he was eventually killed by some brahman priests. Today there is a large Christian community there.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'

Remember the statement that "history is written by the winners". Do you really think that after the crucifixion, which was the attempt to silence Jesus, that suddenly they start writing about him? Of course not. This certainly would lead any writers of that time to avoid writing about Jesus for fear of persecuted themselves.

Of course Jesus existed. Many are still afraid to admit that.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

On February 21, 2013, Dr. Richard Carrier flew in from California to lecture the UNCG Atheists, Agnostics, and Skeptics on the historicity of Christ. The historicity of Christ has appeared in the public consciousness over the last few years because of such individuals such as Robert Price and Dr. Carrier. This topic deals with the analysis of historical data to determine if Jesus existed as an actual person.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: sheepslayer247

There's a huge difference between a MAN named Jesus and the son of GOD named Jesus.

There most likely was a MAN named Jesus. Everything else is pure conjecture.

That is all I'm talking about.....a man named Jesus.

I have no opinion on his divinity or anything else.
edit on 10/6/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

but they all agree on hating so called non people of the book all three murdered their way across this planet

Oh no you don't! No Christian worth his salt believes in hating others. You have never absorbed the idea of Christian love and forgiveness and you know all that turning of the other cheek and what not.
You basically show the typical attitude I've seen in atheists of projecting their own hatred and contempt on to the object of their hatred.

edit on 6-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And yes you heard the news flash, but I must inform that Osiris is the only eternal and first archetype for the eternal one and creator... believe what you want truth is much stranger than fiction or the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the tooth fairy!!!!! Jesus was a man, but not the man that the current archetype is built from... I have come to realize the truth, he was a God but you have to figure out what that means for yourself and how it ties into Osiris and the many thefts whose origin lie in Ancient Egypt, put it like this, the things that you are told are evil and satanic are not what you think, this is only to confuse you as to the truth.
edit on 6-10-2014 by phinubian because: addding

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

You have made an excellent point....the name is not the same.... Nicholas Notovich, a Russian explorer traveled to the Himalayas where he encountered Buddhist manuscript referring to a St. Issa...

Notovitch learned, while he was there, that there existed ancient records of the life of Jesus Christ. In the course of his visit at the great convent, he located a Tibetan translation of the legend and carefully noted in his carnet de voyage over two hundred verses from the curious document known as "The Life of St. Issa."
He was shown two large yellowed volumes containing the biography of St. Issa. Notovitch enlisted a member of his party to translate the Tibetan volumes while he carefully noted each verse in the back pages of his journal.

reluctant-messenger.com...

Unfortunately many orthodox and fundamentalist Christians dismiss the notion of Jesus having travelled to the East altogether.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey don't forget the bible warn us about false prophets and preachers and this guy is definitely one of them

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Right, any half truth is only half a lie also.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to: Spider879

The Bible is a historical account that would disagree with this comment. India has historical documents also I am pretty sure. Let's face it, Jesus was so hated by the Romans, it would be no great wonder that they struck him from the records.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yeah, that's really funny. As if the Bible wasn't an historical text!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

I am not suggesting that the legendary Jesus/Issa was killed by Brahmin priests, I am suggesting that there was a traveler by the name of Issa recorded in Tibetan texts and some believe it was the historical Jesus. I saw a documentary way back in the early 80's which suggested that Jesus traveled to India.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Bravo!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
reply to: Spider879

The Bible is a historical account that would disagree with this comment. India has historical documents also I am pretty sure. Let's face it, Jesus was so hated by the Romans, it would be no great wonder that they struck him from the records.

The bible is considered to be fiction.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

but they all agree on hating so called non people of the book all three murdered their way across this planet

Oh no you don't! No Christian worth his salt believes in hating others. You have never absorbed the idea of Christian love and forgiveness and you know all that turning of the other cheek and what not.
You basically show the typical attitude I've seen in atheists of projecting their own hatred and contempt on to the object of their hatred.

But yet you take the sides of individuals whom obviously do not share your beliefs, they way you SEE THOSE BELIEFS, and get lead around in circles anyways.

Either way, not one of you actually know what is going on here, and it is pretty sad that you can get stopped so easily by the first easy drug fix you got, the dopamine response you get from joining in with a group belief.

You do not know how the human body, or brain work, and you never will, or want too, because the religion itself tells you not to ever try and figure things out.

It is a trap, full of many other traps, so many in fact that the brain shuts down in disbelief and goes for the good news parts, all the while the subconscious remains in control, making sure you do not see the obvious fact that none of this story is even remotely what it is being said to be.

Breaking free from Christianity is far more liberating, than the moment you think you accepted Christ, total shutdown of the false voices in the mind, that are created from all things, it is a beautiful thing, SO MUCH POWER, and vision awaits those who decide this limiting CULT, just was not enough, NO CULT shall ever be trusted, every single one of them come from the same source, whether you know it now or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
www.covertmessiah.com... One account is not evidence. What if the account was a lie with intent to influence? Question everything! If you can't question it then you don't know the truth. It is public knowledge that the Romans canonized the bible around 300 a.c.e intentionally choosing from the supposed holy scripts what they deemed should be in the bible. I find it ironic that people will proclaim 'Jesus is lord!' and yet they don't know the teachings of the bible or live by them. You can call yourself a brain surgeon, you can even operate on someones brain but you are not a brain surgeon unless you can actually perform a beneficial surgery on a person's brain. Same goes for anything you want to label yourself as. Even a christian. I played christian once for 4 years and was sold out for god. I refrained from all the "sins" and even gave my tithe even when it meant I would have to sacrifice eating, etc. etc. I studied the bible every day, prayed every day, preached to people, studied the bible with people, brought people to church regularly whom I'd simply proselytized. I even baptized many people and had others who were baptized as a result of my efforts. I consider the time a good learning experience but I no longer subscribe to any religious creed or participate in any religious organization but I also believe religion is good for some and even that others need to get some. Simply because I think if it never leads them to grow beyond it then at least they aren't suffering or causing the suffering they would have if they continue as they are.
I am baffled when people make ignorant statements, though, as if they are asserting facts. If you believe in a god then wouldn't it be in your best interest to know everything there is to know in regard to the history and available evidence regarding said god? Even knowing the errant and the fallacy? Sadly, most won't dare to expose themselves to anything of any real legitimacy that may challenge their belief system. Usually, if they do and they are brought to a point of self examination few have the actual character to overcome their emotional motivations and/or their ego and make a rational and logical decision to rethink their position and simply turn to the standard arguments, i.e. god works in mysterious ways, and refuse to accept the factual evidence or flatly deny it. We can all be certain of this; if someone is writing it, speaking it, or by some other means attempting to convey a communication then they are acting with the purpose of influencing the recipient in one way or another. I have the intent of influencing people to question everything they think they know, everything they believe and to learn all the knowledge they can acquire and pass it on to others. If you believe in a god or some ultimate creator of all then shouldn't you believe that ALL are part of the family? If you don't believe in a god then you still have the choice to live by a moral virtue and wouldn't a best case scenario include the belief that humanity is a family? If we don't all start seeing each other as family we won't love one another the way a god would expect his children to love each other or the way any man would expect his own children to do so. We will never overcome the problems that plague the world if we don't all start taking the responsibility on our selves to do the good we know we ought to do every where we are. If we fail to take such responsibility for all life then we don't have any justifiable reason to expect such responsibility from any other. www.covertmessiah.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jp1320

originally posted by: Spider879
'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'

Remember the statement that "history is written by the winners". Do you really think that after the crucifixion, which was the attempt to silence Jesus, that suddenly they start writing about him? Of course not. This certainly would lead any writers of that time to avoid writing about Jesus for fear of persecuted themselves.

Of course Jesus existed. Many are still afraid to admit that.

Afraid to admit what?

Look deeper into anything, and you will find these stories are part of a much bigger problem, and that in all reality, have changed the face of the Earth not one iota, already before this people were being given these plays, and had even seen miracles amongst them.

But one thing has not changed, the overriding principles of the stories are all so AMAZINGLY incomplete, and generally tell everyone that they will never know why they are created, or how any of this could have possibly gotten so messed up.

Instead we have some story about a Terrorist Angel, who turns on God and actually causes all of Creation to Fall, and it is all up to the Humans whether or not they believe a Sub-God Human Incarnate can erase that Fall, but only when they die because until then they had better keep something up.

Hiding a far bigger and more tantalizing story of what is going on in the Universe, SO much bigger, So much more interesting, and so much more GRIM, the realities likely are,

The religions on this planet are the sorriest excuse for anything in the Universe, Ultimate Blasphemy, they do not even hide the fact that everything is breaking down, and they will not let up.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am not sure if a Jesus existed, but it is possible that he did. I am not convinced that Jesus is anything more than a story, much like many of the cultures in the region have biblical type stories.

I think man would be more humble to accept that we are small, vain and ruinous at times and that we need to keep certain parts of our growth in check.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join