It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Once you establish that Jesus was a real living person who walked the earth 2000 years ago, then you can debate whether or not He was who he claimed to be......

You mean, who OTHERS claimed him to be, if he existed.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I think you should try a different source.

A few non-biblical writers that mention Jesus:

Tacitus(55 AD-117 AD)

Pliny the Younger wrote ten books Christ is mentioned in the 10th

The Talmud

Lucian

These are just a few of the ones I know of off the top of my head. I am sorry but you cannot find one respected scholar that will say that Jesus of Nazareth never existed. Bart Ehrman even recognizes his existence and will argue for the affirmative...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It was Jesus's Brother who started the Jesus movement. His Brother James after Jesus was killed. Jesus didn't rise from the Dead. The followers of Jesus tried to spread their word in Jerusalem but were chased out of town. They built a small community near the old Clay mine where the Dead sea scrolls were hidden. They hide among those hills and when Alexandria fell under roman rule in 33AD scrolls were transported to the Dead Sea scrolls over a period of years for fear of being destroyed. In 44BC when Julias Cesar was finally assasinated around the same time Alexandria was attacked and the Library was pillaged then burned down.

The followers of Jesus Used copies and stole some of the Original torah texts of the Jews. They Judeo-Christians and A lot of the Texts found in Cave 4 were Written by Essenes.
The Essenes(Ebunites) were Judeo-Christians and the Teacher of Rightiousness was James the Just (James the Rightious) who WAS Jesus's Brother.

When it was reported that refugees were seen heading towards the community of the Essenes Nere Jerusalem on the coast of the Dead sea. A man named Paul from Rome took it upon himself to seek them out. The very same paul that has written several books in the New Testament. He Burned down the Essene(ebunite) Encampment at Qumran and chased them all the way to Jerico on their way to Damascus He couldn't catch up tho and during his campaign *saw the Risen Jesus in a vision* and gave up, And became a *Follower* of Jesus. This is recorded in the Clement reconitions. Clement was the Pope at the time who describes a scene where James is fleeing Jerusalem to Qumran.

James the Brother of Jesus

There's lots of information out there about this thorn in Christianities backside.
But anyways Christianity would of never picked up if it wasn't for Paul confronting James and then proceeding to chase him where the Pope at the time happened to Witness this debate on the Temple steps in Jerusalem where James was tossed down the steps by paul and was left for what Paul thought for Dead Until the Followers of James took him to a house to Jerusalem where he rested for a night before being transported to Qumran. Paul found out James wasn't Dead and chase him. So on his way he had that vision and he decided to write out all the rules in the scripts so you only had to believe in Jesus. This made the Religion appealing and he began spreading it in Rome.

If this scene never happened. We wouldn't be Reading the New Testament today.

Makes you wonder how many of these Messiah complexes have been Silenced in the passed up till the Present.
And the Few that make it have Fanatic followers who didn't even meet their Icon of worship.
Many of the *appostles* Didn't even Meet Jesus. They were scribes at Qumran, Some claim the met the man Such as James (being his brother) Well others only relied on the stories of James and reinterpriting the Torah to suit their goals.

The Original Religion without the Pauline influence is actually pretty Terrible. Considering there were over 400 rules.
Many rules being completely unnessisary for those living outside Qumran. If it wasn't for paul.
Non of us would be debating this right now. Instead we would be attacking Mohammad.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Spider879

I think you should try a different source.

A few non-biblical writers that mention Jesus:

Tacitus(55 AD-117 AD)

Pliny the Younger wrote ten books Christ is mentioned in the 10th

The Talmud

Lucian

These are just a few of the ones I know of off the top of my head. I am sorry but you cannot find one respected scholar that will say that Jesus of Nazareth never existed. Bart Ehrman even recognizes his existence and will argue for the affirmative...

Jesus is thought to have lived from about 7BC to 33AD in the Roman Empire

So they never met. BTW the same guy who wrote about Hercules.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

which is the strangest part. if it was so important to record the words and deeds of this man why did he not do it himself?

It's stranger still thinking further to realise he obviously knew he didn't have too.

edit on Rpm100614v11201400000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

which is the strangest part. if it was so important to record the words and deeds of this man why did he not do it himself?

It's stranger still thinking further to realise he obviously knew he didn't have too.

so the bible is completely unnecessary is what your saying?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: DrunkYogi

If Jesus never existed, why the need to subvert and try and destroy some of his writing's by the Roman Authorities/Catholic Church.

I know of no claim that Jesus ever wrote anything down.

Well, perhaps he used the easiest and most available medium to spread the word.......speaking to people. Or Perhaps writing down the gospel wouldn't have done any good because most people were illiterate.

that didnt stop mark, luke, john, paul, or any of the others. i have a hard time believing that someone so synonymous with a divine entity wouldnt realize that writing his stuff down might be helpful. serious oversight for being omniscient.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Negative try again!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Jesus is a myth, but that doesn't mean the stories are untrue. A myth is a story that a culture largely regards as truth.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
From everything I've read about Roman history, Jesus, if he existed, was essentially the Marx of his time. We all know how fascist republics(America is Rome 2.0) feel about Communism.

Christianity was considered counter to everything Rome stood for and completely suppressed until Constantine adopted and then pushed the religion hard.

Any unbiased reading of history and even the bible implies that Christianity was a Communist style common man's movement and the message in the bible promotes a Machiavellian anti establishment message.

The messages of earthly men being completely free to sin without fear of divine retribution as long as they follow the movement and feel bad for doing terrible things always reminded me of the Muslim jihad message.

If you understand Judaism, Christianity, and Islam they all are obviously control mechanisms.

Judaism was intended to unite the tribes of Israel for their survival. The lack of any message of missionary conversion shows how the Jewish religion was about survival and not conquest (Israel is a modern invention by any standard).

Islam was intended to unite the warring nomadic tribes in the deserts of Arabia. The message of Islam is clear in history and now. Conquest and assimilation are the hallmarks of Islam but contrary to modern extremists views, this is to be tempered with tolerance and understanding.

Christianity (since modern Christianity was filtered through Constantine and his successors ie the Vatican) was intended to hold the crumbling Roman empire together. Christianity was intended later to revive Rome as evidenced by the schism which created Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. Considering the power wielded by the Papacy for the entire middle ages, they had quite a bit of success in that arena.

The imperial Roman origins of Christianity are evident in its expression now and throughout history. Like Rome, Christianity is seen as the zenith of civilization and it's innate superiority armors it's faithful with a carte blanche for heinous activities against non Christians but an imperative never to rebel against Roman authority. The hallmarks of Christianity are the same as those of Rome. Imperialism, through any means necessary, whether conversion, war, or economics and an elevation of the Roman state over any local authority or tribal loyalties.

In America we have the ultimate fulfillment of the Catholic faith as the torchbearer of Rome (since our nation of independent secular Protestants was coopted by the Vatican early on in our history). The scary part is just like the Roman empire America mimicked, we are rapidly declining due to EXACTLY the same forces as Rome did. Imagine if the Roman emperors during the crumbling of the Empire had all the magical modern weapons we have though and you get an idea of what's coming.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Guyz/Galz my personal take on weather there was an historical Jesus devoid of his super powers that was non the least a teacher and some sorta rebel is....I don't know .

Jesus with the super-powers who raised corpse from the dead defied the laws of gravity by walking on water told a raging storm to chill da fugout !! and was conceived without a daddy ..sorry I ain't buying that I just can't my brain doesn't work like that ( I am the type who will yell at over the top scenes even in science fiction)

Why am I not a full blown atheist?? instead of a cowardly fence sitting agnostic..simple I have no satisfactory ans from anyone as to what happens when that life force leave our bodies after death,I know enough science to know that information is never truly destroyed but can change drastically and unrecognizable but is still present in some form, coffee spilled on the ground is present in the wooden table or the handy wipe but the technology to retrieve it may be beyond our reach.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jesus is the chief archetype of the Mystical teacher. It really doesn’t matter whether he has historical existence at the beginning of the 1st century in Palestine, since EVERY true and legitimate mystical teacher in the world then and NOW is Jesus.

That’s why the Sufis name him as their symbolic head.

Even Vendanta, Buddhist, and other systems that have genuine spiritual teachers have Jesus

Regarding the mythology of the Sun he also symbolizes the solar mythology of the spiritual philosophy that surrounds the Sun which actually relates to the Garden of Eden.

He is the Son of the Goddess Mary( symbol of the Eden Garden)

edit on 6-10-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who cares if the man existed or not?
Religions are death. Religions are slavery.Religions are ignorance.Religions are inhumane.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If Jesus never existed, why the need to subvert and try and destroy some of his writing's by the Roman Authorities/Catholic Church.

Well, perhaps he used the easiest and most available medium to spread the word.......speaking to people. Or Perhaps writing down the gospel wouldn't have done any good because most people were illiterate.

that didnt stop mark, luke, john, paul, or any of the others. i have a hard time believing that someone so synonymous with a divine entity wouldnt realize that writing his stuff down might be helpful. serious oversight for being omniscient.

I was merely positing a possible answer to the question, why didn't Jesus write anything down himself? Not being around him during his life, I can only guess....as can you.

And someone please correct me if I am wrong, but Jesus was not thought to be omniscient. God is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent, not Jesus.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
Religions are death. Religions are slavery.Religions are ignorance.Religions are inhumane.

I disagree.

People cause death, slavery ignorance and are inhumane. Sometimes religion is used as the reason for such acts, and sometimes people do such things for the hell of it.

Religion is what the individual makes of it.
edit on 10/6/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Negative try again!

how about you try again and actually include an argument other than "nuh uh i dont wanna hear this".

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I was merely positing a possible answer to the question, why didn't Jesus write anything down himself? Not being around him during his life, I can only guess....as can you.

And someone please correct me if I am wrong, but Jesus was not thought to be omniscient. God is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent, not Jesus.

there are those who would have you believe they were/are one and the same. one of those numerable points of inconsistency. how are you going to prove them wrong? how are they supposed to prove you wrong? the bible? pffft okay.
edit on 6-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex

I disagree.

People cause death, slavery ignorance and are inhumane. Sometimes religion is used as the reason for such acts, and sometimes people do such things for the hell of it.

Religion is what the individual makes of it.

i will agree with you there. its the religious establishments in my town that make sure the destitute are clothed and fed especially when the months getting colder.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

So true. I am also reminded of Philip K Dick and his vision of Rome AD 70 overlaying the US. The Empire never ended. They still appear to be in charge!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm not interested in proving anyone wrong. People can believe whatever they want.

I like being an agnostic because I can look at these sorts of topics and come to a conclusion without the blinders of faith in a religion, or the hardcore belief against religion.

When we are talking about Jesus' existence, I think he existed. That's it. I can stop there.....and it's kinda nice to say that.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join