It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Well duh... of course he never existed.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That means nothing. If someone says they are a Christian, then I'll believe them. I see no reason to see why they'd be lying. Just because they don't measure up to YOUR standards of a Christian doesn't make it so. For one, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a Christian who interprets the passage you just quoted differently than you do. So no you are wrong. In any case, people can SAY many things. Not all are honest and many change their minds later in life.

By the way, if Jesus never existed like this thread claims, then that oath you posted is all just meaningless words anyways.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why does there need to be another man (an interface, a gatekeeper) between us (me) and our (my) creator. This man supposedly did greater deeds than I, does that mean I am unworthy of the love from my creator as there was a better man than me. Should i bow at that mans feet as the only way to receive divinity from my creator? he is/was a man as am I.

The bible was written by Romans, or by those under the rule of Romans. The Romans STILL TODAY are the owners and purveyors of that scripture. 2000 year unbroken direct link. While nothing outside the bible has been written of Jesus, many scribes where lining up to write about Rome's greatest man. Whom coincidentally also lived 2000 years ago, his initials are also JC. He was also murdered in betrayal. I have read also that JC's murder was only attempted murder as he recovered consciousness (resurrected) a week later in a temple in the mountains. After his "funeral" it is well known that he was thought of and referred to as a god, or a son of god. The second coming of Christ, will happen when TPTB work out how to resurrect a mummified Julius Caesar.

JC himself would've been highly offended that the most revered and famous scripture written by his people about a divine man of the age, was of some guy nobody ever heard of before from Palestine (iudea).

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Infidel ! Some one blow up this guys car, stat !

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Many do argue that there is historical proof outside of the Bible that Jesus did indeed exist.

Link: beginningandend.com...

Later Josephus writes:

“But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as law-breakers, he delivered them over to be stoned.”

Jesus did and does exist...now he is just in a different dimension than we are.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Op. The Holy Ghost is the proof that Jesus existed and died for our sins. Seek personal relationship with Jesus and when that happens, you will have all the proof you need.
Praise The Lord.

Please provide proof that a "holy ghost" exists.

I will be waiting. The bible was written my humans and no you cant' use a fictional book as evidence.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Stories like this make Jesus roll over in his grave.

Oh...wait...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Jesus does Exist, in our Heart. He lives. I testify that.
I didn't need anyone to tell me who is Jesus, He revealed Himself to me. This is the Truth.
Open your Heart. Search and you will find.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

He is WRONG, and it doesn't take much to disprove either.

The Bible - New Testament

Josephus On Jesus

Tacitus On Christ

And that is just a quick rebuttal.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That means nothing. If someone says they are a Christian, then I'll believe them. I see no reason to see why they'd be lying. Just because they don't measure up to YOUR standards of a Christian doesn't make it so. So no you are wrong. In any case, people can SAY many things. Not all are honest and many change their minds later in life.

By the way, if Jesus never existed like this thread claims, then that oath you posted is all just meaningless words anyways.

That means nothing

it means everything, by not saying that they believe that he was the the son of god who came down, paid the price as the sacrificial lamb for your sins where you didn't have to keep on going and giving offerings for sins that you never would be able to pay for, and was raised on the third day which is what his whole mission was about,IE to save the lost of the world.

If someone says they are a Christian, then I'll believe them.

so do i for the simple fact that i don't know for certain what they believe in their heart. and in saying i'm a Christian, they are saying that they believe that Jesus came and did just what he said. unless they just don't know what it means to be saying that, or that they have a ulterior motive, which 9 out of 10 time is very evident. think money preachers.

I see no reason to see why they'd be lying.

i can, i mentioned one above. another that comes to mind, make that two. preachers, like Jim Jones, David Koresh, these might be poor example to some but they called themselves Christians, and they strayed very far from Christ's teachings.

Just because they don't measure up to YOUR standards of a Christian doesn't make it so

it's not my standard, it's what written in the bible about believing, it is called faith, it is part what Christianity is built on, one of the main tenants for that matter.
wikipedia has a good definition i like.

Faith is belief that is not based on proof.[1] It can also be defined as confidence or trust in a person, thing, deity, view, or in the doctrines or teachings of a religion, as well as confidence based on some degree of warrant.[2][3] The word faith is often used as a synonym for hope,[4] trust,[5] or belief.
Faith

the bible has one too. well many more as a matter of fact here is just one i like.

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV) 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

that could be seen as true, but then many of the oaths that have been taken by how many public officials and private citizens would be for naught, that's where the faith comes in.

ETA: i forgot to say that about why would some one lie about being a Christian, i knew a guy in high school that admitted to lying to girls in church about being a Christian so he could get in their pants. there are many reasons for people to lie about being a about being a Christian.

edit on 6-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Paulkovich seems to have made several errors in his assumptions. It seems likely all but 10 of those he claimed in his book would've actually, if they really wanted to, had written about Jesus. Several of them were pre-Jesus and wouldn't have know about him. Many, if not most, had better things to do than write about yet another wanna be messiah, at that time. There were better things to do. Many, given the area Jesus walked, if not all, would have had NO idea who Jesus was or even heard or even cared about him. Furthermore, those who did live at that time, of the ones he spoke of, wouldn't have commented on Jesus anyway had they know him.
There is also another glaring error in his theory, it seems there were many who had lived during that time who had written about Jesus walking the earth.
I'm hearing that Philo and Josephus (whom he claims was tampered with) and Tacitus wrote about him.

www.theblaze.com Has a few articles on this subject that are interesting.
edit on 6-10-2014 by arcnaver because: added link

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Fortunately most scholars disagree with his findings...

Actually most SCHOLARS do not disagree with his findings. Most BIBILCAL SCHOLARS, though, certainly would.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I am trying to remember was it Josephus or was it Tacticus that also wrote about Hercules being a real person?

Are there any accounts of someone writing about Jesus who actually met the guy or is it all I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy who met the guy and now I am writing it down?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Irrelevant, I refuted this statement, which is simply a lie, in about 3 minutes with a quick search.

Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts

His bias was clearly showing as he ignored 2 major historians that lived within a generation of Jesus and neither were Christians so they had no reason to propagate his existence.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm currently reading a couple of non fiction books on recent history. No where have I found it mention Ronald Regan, Abraham Lincoln, or even Hitler. Does that mean they never existed? Not all books have to mention Jesus for him to have existed.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am trying to remember was it Josephus or was it Tacticus that also wrote about Hercules being a real person?

Are there any accounts of someone writing about Jesus who actually met the guy or is it all I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy who met the guy and now I am writing it down?

It was Tacitus that wrote about Hercules.

What he wrote about Hercules was a record of the tales people told at the time. In regards to Jesus, his writings were not recording "what people said" about Jesus, he was writing about what was accepted fact at the time. It was common knowledge that Nero persecuted Christians, and a man named Jesus was tortured by Pilate.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

He is WRONG, and it doesn't take much to disprove either.

The Bible - New Testament

The Bible doesn't prove the Bible to be true.

Josephus On Jesus

These are well known forgeries. The church was guilty of many, many pious forgeries, and this one was done by Eusebius, most scholars agree.

Tacitus On Christ

Christ was a pagan title that was used for centuries before the advent of Jesus, AKA "Christ". Initiates of the Elysian Mysteries were called "Christs" and there were many different "Christian" cults. Even your Bible has Jesus explaining not to be confused by the many claiming to be "Christ".

In fact, early Christians did NOT refer to themselves as "Christians" as to avoid being confused with the pagan "Christian" cults and their bad rap. The early followers of Paul called themselves "Nazarenes", or "Followers of the Way".

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Irrelevant, I refuted this statement, which is simply a lie, in about 3 minutes with a quick search.

How is it irrelevant if one of them clearly writes fiction as historical?

Aside from that did you read the OP or just post after reading the title because in the OP you find.

Attention to detail.

However Paulkovich says he found little to no mention of the supposed messiah in 126 texts written in the first to third centuries
Only one mention of Jesus was present, in a book by Roman historian Josephus Flavius, but he says this was added by later editors

Look Josephus was mentioned which brings us back to which one between Josephus and Tacitus was known to write about fictional characters such as jesus....err... I meant Hercules as if they were real?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Plutarch, who was a lauded Greek historian, philosopher and (temple) librarian wrote about fictional characters, such as Hercules, as being real. He also wrote about why people need to believe in mythical characters.

No one explains the "Christian" mysteries better than Plutarch does in his (5 part) essay on Isis and Osiris.

It's interesting to note that Plutarch would have been a contemporary of Jesus Christ, but is also silent on the man and the miracles associated with god/man's life and death.

There is some speculation that Plutarch is the author of the books of Luke and The Acts, speaking of mythical fiction written by historians. www.thenazareneway.com...

edit on 6-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It was Tacitus that wrote about Hercules.

What he wrote about Hercules was a record of the tales people told at the time. In regards to Jesus, his writings were not recording "what people said" about Jesus, he was writing about what was accepted fact at the time. It was common knowledge that Nero persecuted Christians, and a man named Jesus was tortured by Pilate.

OK thanks that is what I thought I remembered. I guess Josephus was the only one that actually lived during that time in question but his writings have been called into question.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join