It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, 75 Years is a long time man...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I saw this one tonight thought I'd post on it, pretty interesting if not hard to believe but it seems I have heard of similar cases as well though the article claims this is the 'only' one...

www.mosnews.com...
The body of Russian Buddhist lama Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov, who died in 1927, did not decay over a 75-year period, medical experts and historians say, Russia’s Newsru.com website reports.
“Samples taken 75 years after the body was buried show that the organics of the skin, hair, and nails of the dead man aren’t any different from that of a living human,” Interfax quoted a professor of history at the Russian State University for Humanities, Galina Yershova, as saying.
The body of Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov, who, as Hambo-Lama, was the spiritual leader of Russia’s Buddhists from 1911 to 1927, was first exhumed in 1955, at the Lama’s request. When a third exhumation in 2002 still showed no decay, medical experts decided to examine the miracle.
“His joints flex, the soft tissue is elastic just like in a living person, and after they opened the box, where the body of the lama lay for 75 years, there was a very pleasant fragrance,” Yershova was quoted as saying.
Yershova believes this is completely inconsistent with what one would expect of a body that has been buried for 75 years. The body has become holy for Buddhists in the Russian region of Buryatia, where it rests in the Ivolgin Buddhist Monastery in the regional capital of Ulan-Ude.
According to Yershova, this is the only recorded case in the world of a body not decaying over such a long period of time.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
A few days ago there was a documentary on Discovery Channel about a Japanese Buddhist monk who mummified himself. Although I'm not sure his body and hair were considered similar to that of a living human being's, his body is on display in a Buddhist temple of sorts, where people worship the mummy. The mummy was found in his tomb sitting in a cross-legged position, which was how he meditated. For years he had prepared himself for this thing, then he locked himself in the tomb with only a small airhole. For like, thirteen days or something he would meditate, each day ringing a bell to tell the outsiders he was still alive. When the bell rang no more they sealed it up, and today his in-tact body is worshipped by some Buddhists. I know it doesn't fit perfectly with said situation, what-with his hair being similar to a living person's and all, but maybe there's a connection with the Buddhist/mummification thing.

According to the Catholic Church, what they call "incorruptible" bodies are not as uncommon as your article claims. Check out this link:

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 8/12/04 by an3rkist]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
A fantastic and fascinating mystery. One of my favorite interest's in paranormal. Ive read many cases of saponification but few of alledged true incorruptibility. Makes you wonder if you opened a few coffins ,just what you might find. The one in the link, described as moving about in the glass case and opening and closing the eyes is seriously freaky. Imagine leaning close for photo and she opens her eyes and says boo!
Scare the crap out of you, literally!
How many secrets do the vatican vaults hold, and if the want the whole world catholic, why dont they allow the whole world to see them, not just incorrupt bodies, but anything else they may have.
Thanks for the link!

new topics

join