It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so i was meditating last night....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So I was meditating last night, sitting down, with my hands together in my lap, focusing on my breathing. After about 40 minutes, I saw a shining pair of hands appear open palmed and rest on each leg. I did what the hands did, and moved them palms up and rested them on each leg. After i did do, it got really bright, my eyes were closed, like a bright ligh was shone in my face. I kept focusing on my breath and my heart started beating faster. What happened next was new...it felt like i was getting farther and farther from my body, like my mind was leaving my body, i dont know how to explain it, other than it felt like i was getting farther from myself. I started to get scared, and tried to tell myself its ok, but to no avail. I couldnt calm my heartbeat down, and it seemed like it took 5 minutes, like i was moving away from my body so slow. I got scared be. use i had never experienced this except 1 other time, and i had no idea about meditation that 1 Other time. Anybody have any help on this? I think i am scared of an obe...am i ready? Is that what this is? I have only been meditating seriously for 1 month, and just in the past week "realized" what focusing on my breath was....ie: not saying in ur head breathe in breathe out, but feeling and focusing just on your breath. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10
Relax. There's no hurry, and nothing to be frightened of. It's a journey, not an event. When you're ready for the next step on your path, you'll know.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well said

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm not in a hurry, I just had never had this kind of experience happen during my meditation, it was exciting, heart pumping, relaxing, and scary all at the same time. it kind of freaked me out a bit...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

There is nothing to fear though the unknown can be scary if we allow it. Trust yourself and the experience before you. Go within and you'll never go without.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lol. You'll be fine. Just don't let anxiousness and/or expectation control your sessions because of this experience. Put whatever happened in the previous session out of your thoughts, and focus only on the present. You're doing great.

edit on 10/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Crazy synchronicity, I too had a weird experience last night while meditating although not necessarily like yours; I did have some strange experience. I posted it on another thread and a member told me I was beginning an OOB experience. I am a novice, and have been messing with it on and off for about 2 months or so. Last night I used binaural beats so I thought that was related. I emphasize that it was a scary experience like yours, but maybe its scary to us because we have never felt anything like that before. I always thought that it would take years to reach that type of experience, but it seems that the "veil" is lessening. Maybe there is something to the whole 4-5 density shift that I read about years ago. I am by no means a person that dwells in the largely metaphysical, but I am aware of it. What I am trying to say is I am not necessarily a fantasy prone new agey quack, but am opened minded. Lately I have been focusing on growing in my spirituality, maybe you have as well. And maybe this is an indication that we are on to something. Good luck in your travels!
edit on 5-10-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe tonight will be similar and you will get to explore it further. There are a ton of experiences that we are not aware of through selective perception, but we really can experience amazing things. It just takes the right perspective on the wonder of 'what is.' Luckily, that is something we can shape and grow and meditation is great exercise for that.

That said, everything in an OBE is just a small part of who we are. It can be a bit of a distraction for some.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
good for you for meditating!!

sounds like you were about to go out of body....same thing happened to me, when i was a teen trying to induce an obe....heart races...the room comes to view, but you don't know if your eyes are open or closed..your heart races...you let fear overcome..you shoot back into your body....

with each new experience comes a new lesson to be learned...next time release and let go of fear..go with it..no bad will come...you are love and light.
blessings,

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Nice!

Man I've had a lot of experiences over the years.

Have you ever tried this while just going through your daily motions and with things other then mediation?

Like walking for example?

I do it at work all the time,

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Wow yeah good job for sure! This is also the start of an astral projection. Basically what you were tapping into was your expanded consciousness. It usually feels like your either blowing up into a huge massive balloon or slowly drifting further and further from your body.

Again, don't be afraid at all. I've had hundreds of OBE's and i can assure you that you will be fine. Being afraid will keep you in your body. Keep doing what your doing if it is working for you and next time you get that feeling, forget about your sleeping physical body and focus on drifting out or rolling out of your body. It is possible you were already out of body but just had your eyes closed.

When you do get out of body it is a lot like a dream, so don't worry about not making it back to your body or something possessing you, thats all lies to keep you ignorant.

Your actually not going out of body at all, part of your consciousness remains in your body, your literally expanding your mind to view reality from a different perspective. So your point of view is not limited to your physical body, it is moving through the consciousness field observing your reality from different points of view.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

You have not entered deep meditation if you can still feel your breath. It sounds that you were approaching the stage of letting go into deeper meditation but got scared of releasing the last ties to your physical body (breathing etc). Once in deeper meditation the state is nothingness, no sensation of breath etc, just darkness. My aim is to look for the light in that darkness and engulf myself in it. I am not interested in OBE's or so called special gifts etc, just being one with God.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If you were seeing and feeling all of this junk you were not completely focused on the breath. These type of experiences are the same as thoughts they arise and they pass... but only if you don't grasp after it, which is what you did so it took you where it wanted to go. Even if a Buddha were to appear and start congratulating you on your progress, just stay with the breath. The things the mind does and the places it goes to keep itself entertained, is simply a ruse to become attached to it's contents, so you cannot gain control of it by placing it where you want it to be. You place the mind on the breath? The mind wants to go somewhere else, even if it takes the force of all of your whole being... drag that stubborn ox it back to breath.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

It sounds like you are were having an interesting experience begin neomaximus10. Dont be afraid continue to perceive the data you observe metaphysically (you describe well your experience) and project benevolence energy so that you attract more benevolence to you. Good Luck

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Meditations have "programs" built in to them, think of it as a "template" - like a template, you need to take position within the template, and the program can function.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for all your input, I was meditating again last night, and same experience, I just stayed with it, and nothing else happened, bigbrotherdarkness made a lot of sense to me, it was so hard to stay focused on my breathing, and that is where my problem is I believe, I will keep at it and NEVER give up!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

Meditations have "programs" built in to them, think of it as a "template" - like a template, you need to take position within the template, and the program can function.

Very interesting theory. Not to sound too much like a technophobe (I'm not) but I find that computers (hardware, software, internet, cloud, networks, viruses, deep web, games especially roleplaying games and simulation) is strangely metaphorical to human life and experience. In almost every sense of the world there is a human experience that it translates to.

top topics

join