It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting factoids about Royalty, the Clergy and Cannibalism.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Didn't really know where to put this (or what to title the thread) but did read some interesting paragraphs over on the Listverse website concerning the clergy, royalty and Cannibalism that I'd never heard of before.

Apparently for members of royalty and the priesthood eating human flesh went on as recent as the 17th century and was 'shockingly common' as an imagined cure for ailments such as epilepsy, sickness and the flu - seems drinking human blood 'like fine wine' was pretty popular as well.

Cannibalism Cures Everything

As crazy as it sounds, it was shockingly common in Renaissance Europe to use cured human flesh as a cure for countless ailments, including epilepsy, nausea, and the common cold. Many people, including royals and priests, ate human meat and rubbed human fat on their bodies. Some even crafted delectable marmalades made with human blood. Sometimes they didn’t even bother cooking the blood and drank it like a fine wine instead. Treatments that involved human blood and flesh became almost as popular as herbal medicines in the 16th and 17th centuries.

European cannibalism was probably inspired by the ancient Greeks and Romans. The Greeks, who followed Galenic medicine, believed illnesses caused an unbalanced body and the only way the body could regain equilibrium was if the sick person ate healthy body parts corresponding to their particular ailment. For example, if you had a headache, you could nibble on some powdered skull to stop the pain. Meanwhile, the Romans started the trend of drinking human blood to cure epilepsy. They believed that untimely deaths left unused energy and life in the body, which could be captured by drinking the blood of fallen gladiators.

European folks eased themselves into cannibalism slowly. First, they ate the powdered remains of stolen Egyptian mummies. Later on, they consumed pulverized skull powder before finally upgrading to eating human flesh. They mostly ate the bodies of dead beggars, lepers, and executed prisoners. Just like the Romans, they thought they could gain the years that should have been left of these people’s lives. This idea persisted for an astonishing length of time, but in the 1700s, most people finally stopped calling cannibalism “medicine.”

10 Insane Medical Beliefs From The Past

Reason I put this up was 300 years isn't that much of a long time in generational terms and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about it still going on?

Realize it sounds a bit alarmist but there's certainly been a bit of speculation over the years (and as we know from a few threads here on ATS, quite a few folk do go missing every year) - could be absolutely nothing but I was amazed how popular and how recent it was.

Sources:

Ethics of Cannibalism

The Gruesome History of Eating Corpses as Medicine

Europe's 'Medicinal Cannibalism': The Healing Power of Death

History of Epilepsy

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
As soon as I read the title I thought of the Holy Communion, eating the flesh and drinking the blood of christ.

This even though symbolically, is the same, now does everyone do it "symbolically", hmmm, if I had to be honest I would say no, I think there are many (well, maybe not that many) that still do this.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There are DEFINITELY those that still do it.

I would say it is directly related to information like this...

Two separate research groups, publishing their results in Science and Nature Medicine today, found that transfusing young mouse blood into old mice can improve their cognitive and exercise capability, significantly reducing two major aspects of aging.

New, young blood can reverse some signs of aging, improve cognitive abilities

You may think it has stopped, but I guarantee there are those out there that still do it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This the stuff of Grim's Fairy tales. Avoid having kids talking to strange Witches, Orges, Trolls, Oni's, and Wendigos.

Jesus talking about his body being eating was kind of figurative, since he related his body to bread, and his blood to wine. And to think people would parade that God.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Apparently for members of royalty and the priesthood eating human flesh went on as recent as the 17th century.

I believe this goes back much further than the 17th century.

In fact I suspect it goes all the way back to the beginning of time...

Baal and Molech Worship

"And they built the high places of Baal that are in the valley of Ben-Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech" (Jeremiah 32:35).

"They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons as offering to Baal" (Jeremiah 19:5).

Here the Bible implies what modern archaeologists and anthropologists have recently discovered: that Molech and Baal represent the same pagan god.

This demon was known to the Greeks as Aphrodite; to the Egyptians as Isis; and to the Phoenicians as Tanet.

1 Kings 11:7 calls Molech "the detestable idol of the Ammonites." The name Molech in Hebrew means: "to ascend the throne" or, in other words, to usurp God's authority.

www.revisionisthistory.org...

The core of the control over Planet Earth's populace lies in ancient cults. These cults are still in existence to this day. Following the most ancient religions mixed with sexual worship.

The power elite of this world worship Saturn and appease him with child sacrifices just as they have for hundreds of years. The most public of these displays is the "Cremation of Care" ceremony held annually at Bohemian Grove, where the members sacrifice a child to their god Moloch.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Today’s occult elite still observes these rites, but with one major difference: They are now carried out on unsuspecting civilians and spread across the world through mass media. Fed and amplified by the fear and trauma of the masses, these mega-rituals are seen by all, but only celebrated by the occult elite. More than ever, we are dealing with Black Magick.

“The human sacrifice required during many of these occult dates needs to contain the following elements, each one of which is exaggerated to the highest possible degree: People must die as human sacrifices, especially children, since The Darkness views younger human sacrifice as most desirable”

The Cult of Baal Never Disappeared

A Satanic cult has colonized the earth. This is the key to understanding history and avoiding the pitfalls of modern "cult--ure."

Humanity is Satanically Possessed

edit on 5-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
There, I have learnt something new already to-day, might have to go back to it if the bee's keep dying.....

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jomina

Yes but if this is also the case with humans eating or in this case drinking the blood wouldn't do anything would it? It would have to be transfused. Not to say they wouldn't eat the rest when they're done with the blood. I bet that's why organics and veganism gets pushed so much by the elite. Better quality meat.

Bet you can't eat just one.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

In the study, they only did the transfusions. But I am willing to bet that if they tested it with them eating/drinking it, it would show nearly the same effects.

We are what we eat, don't you know?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well in today's medicine, blood and organs are transfused and transplanted.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRegretsEver
As soon as I read the title I thought of the Holy Communion, eating the flesh and drinking the blood of christ.

This even though symbolically, is the same, now does everyone do it "symbolically", hmmm, if I had to be honest I would say no, I think there are many (well, maybe not that many) that still do this.

Peace, NRE.

It is the body and blood of Christ in the form of bread and wine.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
By: Judy Byington

This is one in a series of articles taken from eyewitness testimony before the International Common Law Court of Justice in Brussels. Five international judges are examining evidence of child rape, torture, murder and kidnapping allegedly done by global elite members of the Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult network. Regular Ninth Circle child sacrifices were said to take place in the catacombs of Catholic Cathedrals, the Vatican, on private estates and groves and government military bases in Belgium, Holland, Spain, Australia, Ireland, France, England and the US. At least 34 child mass grave sites were identified in Ireland, Spain and Canada – and refused excavation by the respective governments, Crown of England and Catholic Church. Named as present in Ninth Circle activities were Pope Francis, former Pope Ratzinger;Anglican, United Church of Canada and Catholic Church officials including Cardinals; members of European royalty including Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip; officials of the Canadian, Australian, UK and US military and governments including the USA’s CIA, plus prominent government ministers, judges, politicians and businessmen from the US, Belgium, Holland, Canada, Australia, France, Ireland and the UK.

king of Belgium Albert, Queen Beatrix, UK Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip

Teens were drugged, stripped naked, raped, hunted down in the woods and killed by European royals according to this week’s latest eyewitness to testify before the International Common Law Court of Justice in Brussels. The woman was the fourth eyewitness to give accounts about these human hunting parties of the global elite Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult network. A former member of the Netherlands criminal drug syndicate known as Octopus testified that victims were obtained for these human hunting parties from juvenile detention centers in Belgium and Holland.

topinfopost.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- It is now called "blood doping" See: Tour De Farce... uh, Tour De France. Tiger Woods also does it under the guise of "surgical recuperation"

Drinking it is so 17th Century...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38
Well in today's medicine, blood and organs are transfused and transplanted.

Some surgeons are waking up to the fact people getting transplants are taking on the personalities of who they got the transplant from even their eating habits etc

guardianlv.com...

www.namahjournal.com...

profiles of organ donors are traditionally concealed from their recipients for psychological reasons. The cases listed here came to light after mysterious behavioural symptoms of recipients compelled a breach in the traditional donor-recipient anonymity.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Please stop citing personal hate blogs. I would prefer not to click those links.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This simply cannot be true.
a reply to: douglas5

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
This simply cannot be true.
a reply to: douglas5

There are so many people coming out with claims , are they all wrong ? as the old saying goes there is no smoke without fire

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Cathy Obrien's story about the ordeal she went through is just far too bizarre for anyone to make up.

I have seen no evidence of lying.

And like the above post said, far too many others saying similar things as well.

My gut instinct tells me that everything she says is real.

edit on 5-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And never goes away, but its not just their cure, its their "religion".

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, some very interesting reading there

Also saw this great old thread by NoRegretsEver - unfortunately the Youtube video doesn't work any more but it does involve allegations about the Queen of England practicing cannibalism.

The Case of Gabriela Jiminez. Is this MKULTRA?

Apparently her husband also once said this:

“Cannibalism is a radical but realistic solution to the problem of overpopulation.”

Prince Philip.

link

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
I think this is the same video you mentioned above:

One of the things she says is that "everything started in 2001, the one that knows the truth of what really happened is Carlos Slim" (the guy that owns Telmex, a phone company and other stuff).

"They killed a lot of people! They ate humans!" 4:13

"That's disgusting! I didn't know anything about this!" 4:21

"I mean, I didn't know what was there, but THEY ATE HUMANS! They smell like human flesh!"

"No, where are you taking me?! I'm not going anywhere until everything gets clarified!" 4:36

"You were the ones that kept me there! You were there to retrieve a copy so you --- 4:43

Illuminati Mind Control Victim Gabriela Rico Jimenez Briefly Breaks Free

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join