It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Jihadi John and Hostages Found by Drones in Raqqa-

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Add something of meaning or leave

I'll go when I please.

I already 'added something of meaning'. I showed that you're shooting off your mouth without knowing the facts of history or the realities of current affairs. I didn't have to make you out to be a jingoist who is happy to risk his close family members' skin for the sake of — what exactly? oh, never mind— while making sure his own precious hide is well out of harm's way.

You did that all by yourself. If it's time for anyone to creep away from this thread in shame, it's you.

edit on 5/10/14 by Astyanax because: deprepositioning.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

The real goal is to own at least the Syrian skies, and preferably have a friendly govt on the ground. Need that alternative air route into Iran you know.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I find the woman in your avatar attractive.. maybe it's just where I dated hipster girls with septum piercings.

Sorry off topic i know.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Thefarmer

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: thesmokingman

So, first of all, since when are British special forces running the show?

Since 1815, Captain America.

When the British do regime change, they do it right. Dhofar Rebellion.

Unlike the United Fruit Company and Rumsfeld's Rangers...

Oh; and:

I think that possibly sacrificing a few troops is worth it to possibly save how many hostages?

You first, soldier.

Oh, ok, so this is Britians war? I dont think so friend...By the way, I am not a soldier...

So you are in no position to bleet on about sacrifices then pal

That was avery poor statement in my eyes

You are wrong I have EVERY right to bleet on whatever I want to. Let me tell you something pal....I have several family members in the US armed forces. They will tell you this, THEY have signed up for the military on their own accord....Every last one of them. None of them were forced to go into the military, they chose to. Much like a police officer, or a firefighter, or a construction worker, or a waitress...you get the point? I can and will talk about sacrifices, or whatever the hell I wish to talk about, you got that? Now, do you have anything of relevance to add to the conversation, or are you just here to troll?

You talk about others, yet not yourself.

You're a coward and a pussy. And a bitch

Keep going...you are really showing your true intellect. Do you like pizza?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: wompingdv266

Unless you're arguing that all the refugees, international agencies, foreign news outlets, social media etc showing what is going on is all staged as well, that argument holds as much water as a leaky bucket on the sun.

Im glad you said it - been on another forum where they blame the west for inventing IS so they could go to war against them......make sense? No, it doesnt to me either.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

No, it makes no sense at all, but it jives with the whole delusional paranoid fantasy that there is some big, evil, convoluted conspiracy spanning decades that never seems to achieve it's goals and lurches from one supposed aim to another..

Personally, Occam's razor is applicable in most things in life. The simplest solution is often the best/most truthful and the lengths to which people go to try and make some hair brained conspiracy theory fit the facts makes it unlikely to be the truth.

However, some people cannot accept this and couple it with a "hatred" of the West and it's "evil imperialism" - ironically the same delusional nonsense that the Islamic State et al use to recruit their fighters - they would rather believe the fantastic.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: TheCrowMan

that there is some big, evil, convoluted conspiracy spanning decades that never seems to achieve it's goals and lurches from one supposed aim to another..

.....You have read history books, right?
.....You do realize the "convoluted conspiracy" has been outed by smarter folk than you?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelegateZero88
a reply to: EA006

Someone once told me, even though the Allies won,
fascism is the ideology that really was the victor.
For years I never understood it, When I stand
OUTSIDE a bar to have a cigarette and stare at my beer
inside longingly, when people can't even vote for
their own political ideology of choice without the
threat of invasion or subversion, when people get
to tell me what words I am ALLOWED to use,
otherwise I might very well lose my job or face criminal charges,
I finally understand what he meant.

It's cliche' but the words that come to mind are Orwellian Dictatorship

Mmmmm.....You want to look up what Fascism means?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No, it hasn't. There are lot of fantasies about, but the basic premise is impossible, for reasons obvious to people who actually do know history and current affairs.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
[double post]

edit on 7/10/14 by Astyanax because: bah.

(post by EA006 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Oooh, go on, enlighten me....

Show me how any of these conspiracies have ever born fruit...I'll tell you what, I'll start..

If the "West" (and by this we mean the US and UK run by some shadowy organisation headed by "The Crown") wanted control of the world, why was the British Empire allowed to decay and eventually dissolve? At it's height, the UK alone controlled 1/4 of the planet and close to half of it's population.

Surely, some New World Order would have been a doddle to implement then - but for some reason "the Elites" deemed it necessary to allow the European Empires to collapse, a myriad of different nations to spring up, fostering a whole slew of various political and religious ideologies only to then try and bring in some "One World Government" 80 years later when it would be infinitely harder, more expensive and risky...

You're go... I have plenty more, being an astute student of history, especially the UK's, so feel free to provide me an example of any of these conspiracy theories holding any water.
edit on 7/10/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

If the "West" (and by this we mean the US and UK run by some shadowy organisation headed by "The Crown") wanted control of the world, why was the British Empire allowed to decay and eventually dissolve? At it's height, the UK alone controlled 1/4 of the planet and close to half of it's population.

The British Empire changed shape, the U.S and U.K still retain an Empire covering the globe, just because it doesn't bare that name now, doesn't mean it's not there. As for controlling populations, the banks take care of that aspect.

Surely, some New World Order would have been a doddle to implement then - but for some reason "the Elites" deemed it necessary to allow the European Empires to collapse, a myriad of different nations to spring up, fostering a whole slew of various political and religious ideologies only to then try and bring in some "One World Government" 80 years later when it would be infinitely harder, more expensive and risky...

How would it be more expensive now? we trade in worthless paper.
The idea of "Empire" was on it's way out anyway, it had run it's course. It would actually be easier now to form a NWO.
Money transcends international borders so politics and religion mean zero.

Your go...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Nah, I'll pass, as it's obvious you haven't a clue - you didn't actually address any of what I wrote, just simply trotted out tired old clichés and what you did write flies in the face of the historical record.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join